ALTA SKI HOLIDAYS
With a uniquely quaint mountain village surrounded by spectacular mountainous scenery from every angle you look, Alta is another picture perfect ski resort, and offers up something to suit all levels of skiers, and of any ability.
Alta, another outstanding Utah Ski Resort in the Wasatch Mountain Ranges, is more suited to those looking for something far more intimate than the big town/main stream Resorts, without compromising snow or ski terrain quality! In fact, Alta receives up to 40% more snow than some of the other more well-known resorts in this region – so what are you waiting for?
“Alta is one of the very few ‘Skier’s Only’ Resorts left in North America, and you certainly know you’re somewhere special when you get here, I promise! The quality of grooming that goes on in this resort, along with the phenomenal quality of its snowfall, is what makes Alta the highly desirable location that it is. Well worth the expense in my opinion, and really great value considering you can ski two of the Utah’s best ski resorts on one SnowbirdAlta lift pass – Shona AMPED
10 Top Reasons to
- Purchase a combo ticket to combine Alta with Snowbird and ski Two Amazing Resorts.
- Snow quantity – receives a whopping average of 500 inches of dry, light powder (40% more than Park City Area).
- Snow quality – renowned for ‘The best powder on earth’ and regularly collecting awards and acclamations for just that.
- Skiers only resort – gives Alta a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Easily accessible – only 45 minutes from Salt Lake City International airport, and only 4 miles from Park City.
- Intimate Village feel – family friendly offering 4 lodges including 1 which is ski in/ski out.
- Progression – an abundance of adult and child/teen progression camps, group and private lessons.
- Experience the best snow Utah has to offer.
- Backcountry hard-core – offering Snow-cat backcountry skiing.
- It’s all about the Snow and Scenic Beauty as Alta is located down a secluded Box Canyon.
Alta Facts & Stats
- Base Elevation: 8,530ft./2,600m
- Top Elevation: 10,550ft./3,216m
- Vertical Drop: 2,020ft./617m
- Skiable Acres: 2,200 acres/890 hectares
- Number of Runs: 116+
- Terrain: Beginner 25%, Intermediate 40%, Advanced 35%
- Average Seasonal Snowfall: 551in./1,400cm
- Lifts: 2 detachable quad chairs, 1 detachable triple chair, 1 triple chair, 3 double chairs, 3 surface tows and 1 moving conveyor
- Snowmaking: Yes
- Snowboarding No
- Season: Friday, November 18th 2016-Sunday, April 16 2017
Getting to Alta
Located among the rugged Wasatch Mountain range, and only a 45 minute drive away from the Salt Lake City international airport, the Alta Ski resort is incredibly easy to access, and its position in the Mountain Ranges, means that it is constantly surrounded by other Snow Resorts, the closest of which being Snowbird
The closest airport to Alta is Salt Lake City which receives multiple daily flights from all major USA cities, Alta is then a 45 minute drive away from the Salt Lake Airport.
Rental cars are available, although a car is not needed in Alta. Airport Shuttles and Taxi’s are also readily available from Salt Lake City to Alta/ the Wasatch Mountain ranges
Private vehicle transfers are available at an extra upgrade cost.
There is a free bus service which runs between Alta & Snowbird, although it is walkable also.
If you are planning on visiting a few resorts in this area, then you will need a car for ease of getting around.
Alta Ski School and Daycare
Alta ski school offers up a huge choice of progression and learning camps and clinics covering Telemark, ladies days, performance ski, backcountry and powder.
Ski Services available range from:
- First time on skis
- Beginner All Day Adventure
- Advanced Beginner – Intermediate All Day Adventure
- All Day Mini Adventure
- Half Day Adventure
- Advanced All Day Explorer
- Advanced PM Explorer
- Individual adult private lessons
- Individual child private lessons
- Group private lessons
- Getting Ready for Green Runs
- Discover Green Runs
- Intro to Blue Runs
- Ski the Upper Mountain
- Beyond the blues
- Advanced Workshop Skiers
- Expert Workshop Skiers
- Telemark Beginners
- Telemark Intermediate
- Telemark Private Lessons
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Catering in age and ability defined groups, and catering for ages from4-12 years of age. There are advanced available from 7 years to Teen, as well as the ability for Teens to take a free ride camp over Christmas and Presidents Day weeks.
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
With the Alta Children’s Centre, you can be sure that your child receives the best care possible and has a great time while you are out enjoying your ski day! Located above the ski school at the base of the Sunnyside lift, we are conveniently located steps away from the slopes. We highly recommend that reservations be made in advance to ensure a space for your child.
Accommodation at Alta
Rustler Lodge- Deluxe Ski In/Ski Out Accomodation
Alta’s Rustler Lodge is located directly at the base of the Alta Ski Resort, the Rustler is Alta’s premier lodge, and prides itself on “service above all” with one of the best dining options in the little Cottonwood Canyon area, and many service options, to suit children’s and adult’s needs, these include an outdoors heated pool, a eucalyptus steamroom, and a Jacuzzi, many fireplaces, as well as an internal nightclub, the Eagle’s Nest and a heliski operator. The Rustler’s many amenities are sure to make your stay at Alta a memorable occasion.
- Superior Corner
- Superior South
- Superior North King
- Superior North 2 Queens
- Alpenglow Studio
- Wasatch Deluxe
- Bronson Suite
- Albion Shower
- Dorm Rooms
Alta Lodge- Moderate Ski In/Ski Out Accomodation
The Alta Lodge is the first location in Alta to offer specialised Ski Accommodation, set at the base of the Mountain, the historic Alta Lodge has hosted many ski guests since 1940 and has a prime location for access to the Alta Ski Resort, and is only a mile from the Snowbird Ski Resort. The Alta lodge is also tied with many helicopter guides, and also has backcountry access. complimentary breakfast and dinner options are extended to guests with wine and drinks, on top of this, the Alta Lodge has a bar and kids club with after-skiing activities to keep both young and old occupied and entertained during their stay. On top of this, the Alta Lodge organise ski adventures, clinics and camps using the latest ski gear and expert instruction from Alta’s Alf Engen ski school.
- Standard Room
- Slope Facing Standard Room
- Large Corner Room
- Corner Room with Fireplace and Balcony
- Original Lodge Room
- Dorm Room
- Swiss Room
- Tyrol Room
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.