LAST FRONTIER HELISKI HOLIDAYS
The Last Frontier Heli-Skiing team provide British Columbia’s premium heli-skiing opportunity. Last Frontier have been pioneering Heliski since 1996 and offer a range of heli-skiing and boarding options on a vast terrain. Last Frontier Heli- Skiing will take you through the largest single heli-ski terrain in the world with over 9,500 square Km’s to for you to explore and enjoy from two base options. Guests of Last Frontier get spoilt during their stay, with hot cooked meals, Apres Ski, Beer Wine and Spirits selection, hot drinks and lunchtime chocolate, making Last Frontier truly a great heliski provider.
10 Top Reasons to Ski Last Frontier
- Last Frontier Heliskiing offers up the single largest heliski tenure in the world, period. That’s over 9000 square kilometres!
- Last Frontier have invested in brand new, A-Star helicopters – the ultimate mountain flying machine.
- Last Frontier’s Bell 2 Lodge: a purpose built heliski lodge far from the world, nestled in the snowiest mountains on earth.
- Last Frontier have the best guides in the industry. Just ask ‘em, they wouldn’t want to work anywhere else.
- Small groups of 4 per helicopter, plus your guide, gives an intimate feel and the ability to customise riding.
- Last Frontier fly, on average, 6 ½ days per week. Snowcats need not apply.
- Last Frontier offer the ultimate adventure – A 7 day heliski safari through their entire tenure. Start at Bell 2 Lodge and finish at the Ripley Creek Inn in Stewart, BC.
- Terrain for every appetite. Steep trees, wide open glaciers, long descents…you might even get to name a new run.
- Last Frontier’s safety culture is second to none. Each guest is issued with a beacon, shovel, probe and an ABS bag, along with coaching and instruction from the best guides in the business.
Last Frontier’s terrain averages, yep, averages, 25 metres of snow each year. That’s 82 feet of deep, fluffy, blower POW
Last Frontier Facts & Stats
- Skiable terrain: 2,347,417 acres/9,500 sq km
- Average Snowfall: 65-100ft./20-30m at 5,200ft./1,600m
- Average Run Length: 900 vertical m
- Longest Run: 2,000 vertical m
- Highest Drop Off: 2,600m
- 800+ Named Runs
- Massive tree runs
- Glacier skiing
- Small personal groups
- Runs to suit all ability levels
- Two locations to choose from (Skeena and Coast Mountain Ranges)
Getting to Last Frontier Heliskiing
Last Frontier Heliski Tours have two bases for guests to choose from, the Bell 2 Lodge, and the Ripley Creek Inn, the Bell 2 Lodge is located 220 miles (360 km) Northwest of Smithers, British Columbia. The resort is situated along the Stewart-Cassiar Highway.
Last Frontier’s other base is the Ripley Creek Inn, which is located 200 miles (310km) Northwest of Terrace, British Columbia. The small town of Stewart is situated at the end of the Portland Canal, opposite Hyder, Alaska. This operation focuses exclusively on the southern part of their tenure
Daily Direct Flights from Auckland to Vancouver, BC, followed by a connecting flight to Smithers or Terrace
Ground transfers from certain Smithers hotels to Last Frontier Heliski bases are provided
Last Frontier Tours and Activities
With endless terrain, and two base options, guests of Last Frontier Heli-skiing will enjoy a pure BIG MOUNTAIN, snow experience. Furthermore, while not on the snow guests will enjoy all the amenities of the Bell 2 Lodge or the Ripley Creek Inn, these include
Other Resort Activities
- Huge big mountain snow
- Ample terrain to discover
- Stewart Historic tours and lessons (Ripley Creek Base)
- Stewart pubs and bars (Ripley Creek Base)
Last Frontier Package Options
- Bell 2 Lodge 4, 5, or 7 day tours available
- Ripley Creek Inn 4, 5, or 7 day tours available
- Bell 2 Lodge private heliski tours available
- Ripley Creek Inn private heliski tours available
- Rippin at Ripley 7 day package
- Lodge to Lodge 7, 9, 10 day safari options
Accommodation at Last Frontier Heli Skiing Resort
Bell 2 Lodge- Premium, Skeena Mountain Range Location
The Bell 2 Lodge started out as a basic service station for travellers in 1996, and has since been transformed into a heli-ski village with comforts, great amenities, and a great location.
The Bell 2 lodge features highly luxurious and environmentally friendly facilities, satellite communications, a fireplace in every lodge chalet, and in lodge snowshoes for your convenience
Ripley Creek Inn- Premium, Stewart Location
The Ripley Creek Inn offers guests close proximity to exciting terrain, glacier skiing options, bowls, and some spectacular tree runs as well as close proximity to the Stewart mining town, the Stewart Inn offers guests en suite bathrooms, luxurious queen size beds, telephones and T.V’s. As well as heli-skiing, guests of the Ripley Creek Inn can also enjoy Stewart activities such as canal fishing, historic museums, and local pubs/ restaurants, where you’re guaranteed to make interesting new friends.
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.