MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN SKI HOLIDAYS
Way up on the Californian horizon is the highest peak, so gigantic that even its name is grand, and this of course is Mammoth mountain. At over 3,100 vertical feet, this huge mountain looks down on the entire state.
Mammoth Mountain boasts an average of 400 inches (10 metres) of annual snowfall to keep the snow light and fluffy over an 8 month season, and with a ski lift which goes right up to the summit, Mammoth can and does deliver incredible sights and skiing to be remembered!
Instead of a covering of thick fur, this Mammoth has 3500 acres of leg burning terrain. Split into 15% expert, 20% advanced 40% intermediate, and 25% beginner, as well as 5 phenomenal terrain parks, Mammoth Mountain can cater for everyone’s ski ability.
The huge size of Mammoth Mountain allows ample space for skiers and boarders to enjoy and progress their ‘on snow’ skills. On top of ample snowfall, Mammoth’s prime Californian location gives it over 300 sunny days a year, allowing for aw inspiring mountainous views for as far as the eye can see, along with trail visibility and snow access for all.
“The combination of Mammoth Mountain’s Californian location accompanied with it’s promise of world class snow, is the appeal of this brilliant resort. Offering true ski in/ski out access at reasonable prices, Mammoth is a definite crowd pleaser. Mammoth lives up to its name, this is a Big Mountain Resort Experience” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to
Ski Mammoth Mountain
- Ever changing obstacles: the team at Mammoth constantly refresh the layouts of their parks, ensuring that skiiers are constantly challenged and refreshed with new terrain and opportunities to hone their skills
- Fluffy snow season round, Mammoth Mountain receives over 400 inches of snow every year
- Over 300 days of beautiful Californian sunshine a year
- Massive 3500 acres of beautiful ride-able mountain terrain
- Ever changing ski parks give a constantly entertaining challenge
- Over 150 tracks to keep skiers challenged and entertained
- Expert childcare and training facilities to suit all ages and levels of experience
- 5 Unbound play parks to contrast the natural terrain with obstacles and half pipes
- Monster airbag camps to help increase progression speed safely
- Close proximity to Yosemite national reserve gives the ability to get up close and personal with some of California’s most beautiful wildlife, nature and scenery.
Mammoth Mountain Facts & Stats
- Skiable terrain: 3,500 acres
- Longest run: 3 miles (4.8 km)
- Total trails: over 150
- Trail difficulty: 15% expert, 20% advanced 40% intermediate, and 25% beginner
- Total lifts: 28 lifts (includes 9 high speed quads, 2 high speed six-packs and 3 high speed gondolas)
- Vertical drop:3,100 ft (944 m)
- Lift served vertical drop: 2,885 ft
- Base elevation: 7,953 feet (2425 m)
- Lift served elevation: 11,053 feet (3,368 m) goes right to summit
- Maximum height: 11,053 feet (3,368 m)
- Lift capacity: 50,000 passengers/hour.
- Average annual snowfall: 400 inches (10 m)
- More than 6 month season (mid November-early June)
Getting to Mammoth Mountain
Mammoth Mountain is located in the heart of California on the doorstep of Yosemite national park, and is accessible through highway or domestic flight options. Mammoth Airport is just a short 10 minute drive away
Same day connections from international flights ex NZ and Australia are available, dependent however on your international flight arrival time into Los Angeles/San Francisco.
Domestic connecting flights are available from Los Angeles/San Francisco through to Mammoth Lakes
Scheduled seat and coach airport transfers operate, alternatively private vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost ex Mammoth Airport.
Many adventurers choose to drive up from Los Angeles or down from San Francisco due to the ease of the trip,
Regular resort shuttles run frequently around all of the resort, making getting around very easy. A car in Mammoth is therefore unnecessary.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
Other Resort Activities
With guided and independent activities, paths and tracks galore, you’re sure to find something to do whether you’re an independent high flyer, a seasoned veteran, with kids or just at the mountain to relax and enjoy yourself, Mammoth mountain is guaranteed to have the right activities to keep you busy and entertained daily regardless of the duration of your trip, some activities available at Mammoth Mountain are:
Scenic mountain tours
Scenic gondola rides
Bowling and indoor golf
Snowboard tuning and repair
Snow and mountain trekking
Over 19 miles (30 KM) of dedicated trek paths
Guided moonlit night-time cross country ski and Snowshoe mountain tours allow for an alternative view of the mountainside for those who want a unique adventure
Mammoth Mountain Ski School and Daycare
- Ski and snowboard school with the ability to cater to many skill levels
- Beginner lessons
- Intermediate/advanced group lessons
- Private lessons
- Private tour guides
- Video recorded Monster training airbag sessions with feedback and advice
- Adult Cross country skiing lessons (XC)
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Mammoth Mountain separates children and youth based on their age in order to ensure that lessons can be tailored to suit the childrens’ needs and levels and provide a tailored lesson style and structure so that children can gain the maximum benefits possible from the lessons they take
Mammoth’s Ski Services Available range from:
- Pioneers (age 3-4)
- Explorers (age 5-7)
- Adventurers (age 8-12)
- Private lessons
- Specialty clinics
- Glider cross country youth ski program: “A cross country ski program for kids 5–14. Kids will have a blast learning cross country ski skills through games and activities as they explore the trails in the Lakes Basin. Starting at $90, this nine weeks of cross country excitement kicks off in January
Mammoth provides Licensed Childcare and lesson combos
Whether it’s a day on the slopes, a little après time with your spouse or an evening out on the town, you will have peace of mind knowing that your little one is receiving excellent quality care in a loving and safe environment.
- All state-licensed facilities offer age-appropriate nurseries for babies and activity-filled playrooms for the older kids.
- Hourly, half day, all day and evening options are available.
- All staff is background checked, as per licensing requirements, and all key staff is CPR certified.
- Also offered is the best lesson/childcare combo in the industry for budding skiers and snowboarders.
Accommodation at Mammoth Mountain
Mammoth Mountain Inn – Lead in ‘ski in/ski out property’
The first hotel at Mammoth Mountain, having beaten the others by half a century, is the Mammoth Mountain inn, with a bar, pool, gym and childcare facilities this fully equipped slope-side hotel gives skiers and boarders the ultimate access to Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Mountain inn brings the mountain to you through direct entry points straight to the slopes and back-country paths converting your travel time to Mountain time, and with 8 room options, there’s something for everyone. Located around 2000 ft higher than the rest, this inn will have you on the snow faster and for longer, ensuring you get the most of your stay.
- Standard rooms
- Superior room
- Deluxe room with loft
- Studio condo
- 1 bedroom condo
- 1 bedroom condo with loft
- 2 bedroom condo
- 2 bedroom condo with loft
The Village Lodge provides a well-rounded snow side experience which has gained its popularity on the mountainside, close to shopping, dining and surrounded by regularly scheduled activities, the village lodge is guaranteed to keep you entertained day round. The Village Lodge also enjoys direct snow access through ski trails and gondolas as well as a door to door shuttle service to make getting around a breeze, for those who want to stay in, this cosy lodge has all the comforts of home and more, with modern rooms, a heated outdoors pool, multiple spas a fitness centre, and arcade and media room to keep the kids off your hands, The Village Lodge is guaranteed fun for the whole family.
- studio condo
- 1 bedroom condo
- 1 bedroom condo w/ den
- 2 bedroom condo
- 3 bedroom condo
- 3 bedroom deluxe condo
These delightful privately crafted family condominiums are nestled in the heart of the valentine reserve, and beautifully framed by the world class ski terrain of Mammoth Mountain, Mammoth Mountain’s first class all access ski in ski out condominium hotel gives a private gateway to Mammoth’s best family skiing. With a comfortable and simplistic approach, Juniper Springs’ will bring a cosy, family friendly taste to your Mammoth escape, quiet, cosy, yet close to town, you’ll truly get the chance to enjoy quality time with those you love at Juniper Springs.
- 1 bedroom condo
- 2 bedroom condo
- 3 bedroom condo
- 2 bedroom townhouse
- 3 bedroom townhouse
- Luxury home Altis (luxury independent homes)
Tamarack Lodge – Deluxe Ski in/Ski out, located on the shores of Twin Lakes
The Tamarack Lodge allows you to immerse yourself and those you cherish in the timeless luxury of the Californian mountainside. At the Tamarack Lodge simple charm is balanced perfectly with modern elegance to ensure that every moment is special and close to the heart. Set on the lakeside, visitors can catch fresh Alpers trout in the middle of Mammoth Mountain terrain, and with ski in/ ski out access you can explore the back-country straight from your front door. Tamarack’s unique location is one of the last developed areas, the Tamarack Lodge was designed with the intention of allowing you to delve straight into nature from the steps of your own cabin and immerse yourself in the pure, natural Mammoth Mountain atmosphere.
- Deluxe 1 bedroom cabins
- Deluxe 2 bedroom cabins
- Deluxe 3 bedroom cabins
- Historic studio cabins
- Historic 1 bedroom cabins
- Historic 2 bedroom cabins
- Historic 3 bedroom cabins
- Lodge rooms (shared amenities)
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.