MARMOT BASIN SKI HOLIDAYS
Marmot is a truly diverse ski resort with a wide variety of runs spread out over all four mountain faces. Here guests will find a selection of runs ranging from long, winding novice scenic trails, to steep chutes and high alpine bowls filled with the freshest, and deepest powder.
Marmot Basin’s many runs to each ski lift also means families can go up and down the mountain together, and that the whole mountain is open to skiers and riders regardless of their abilities.
“Marmot Basin, remote and yet so accessible. The beauty of this area will have you in awe, and the terrain and snow fall is second to none. This is a really family friendly resort, and a great destination to just get away from it all and ski some seriously big mountain terrain”. Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski Marmot Basin
- Winter is Jasper’s off season resulting in great deals on accommodation, food, and most activities
- Not a busy resort, so no crowds, less waiting and queuing and more skiing and boarding
- Located in the stunning Canadian Rocky Mountains the breathtakingly vast Jasper National Park, with its rugged peaks is sure to inspire lasting memories
- With 86 trails on offer at Marmot Basin Ski Resort, its terrain is evenly split between easy, intermediate and advanced to ensure that everyone can make the most of their stay
- High speed chairs and incrementally increasingly difficult terrain helps skiers and snowboarders to improve their skills gradually and to get right back to the top.
- The team at Marmot Basin have a laid back, unhurried take on the mountain based on making the most of the moments as they occur, this and the lack of crowds at Marmot Basin Ski Resort has led to many customers coming back season and season again.
- Jasper has a friendly small town feel without any compromise on expected amenities to make sure that guests get the intimacy without missing out on anything they want to do.
- Offers a straightforward mountain layout which is easy to navigate and get around. Also enough runs to ride for weeks.
- Environmental sustainability focus ensures a pristine and natural ski resort for all guests to enjoy
- Marmot Basin and Jasper have an endless list of winter activities to keep the mind busy and the heart feeling young and rejuvenated
Marmot Basin Resort Facts & Stats
- Elevation: 3,000ft./914m
- Vertical drop: 8,570ft-5,570ft./2,612m-1,698m
- Mid mountain elevation: 6,494ft./1,980m
- Size: 1,675 acres/678 hectares
- Altitude: Canada’s highest base elevation: 5,570ft./1,698m
- Distance: Longest Run – 5.6km
- Lift system: 7 (including 3 high-speed quads)
- Runs: 86 – 30% Novice, 30% Intermediate, 20% Advanced, 20% Expert
- Average temperatures: January -7°C, February -3°C, March +1°C
- Season: November-May
Getting to Marmot Basin
Jasper and Marmot Basin are situated 370 kilometers (192 miles) west of Edmonton, 404 kilometers (256 miles) northwest of Calgary and 805 km (500 miles) northeast of Vancouver. But in Canadian terms, they like to think they’re just down the road!
Same day connections to Edmonton airport from international flights ex NZ and Australia are available, dependent however on your international flight arrival time into LA or San Fransisco
Both Edmonton and Calgary International Airport provide convenient access to the Canadian Rockies with non-stop and direct flights from major cities all over Canada, the US and Europe
A number of operators offer airport shuttle transfers from both Edmonton and Calgary International airports. It is a 3 ½ hour drive from Edmonton to the Marmot Basin Resort doorstep
The Drive to Jasper is beautiful any way you come – The Icefield Parkway from Lake Louise to Jasper has even been voted one of the top ten scenic drives of the world! However it’s important to ensure your vehicle is equipped for all types of mountain weather and you are up-to-date on the latest road conditions.
Inter-resort shuttles do run also.
Regular mountain village shuttles run frequently between the town of Jasper, and the Marmot Basin Ski Resort.
Marmot Basin Mountain Tours and Activities
Marmot Basin and Jasper have a vast range of options to awe and inspire visitors. Aside from great skiing and riding, the list of winter activities will keep guests enjoying their stay from the first moment to the last. Marmot Basin is packed with guided and independent tours and activities available, beautiful scenery, and an untamed National Park full of adventure opportunities. Marmot’s closeness to Jasper also gives guests lively nightlife options and a range of cuisine to experience among other things.
Marmot Basin Ski School and Daycare
Marmot Basin Snow School is a wonderful place for people of all skills and on snow ability levels to learn to ski or ride, improve their on snow skills, refine their technique, or get a feel for the mountain. Marmot Basin provide lessons for all ages and abilities, and the staff are friendly, certified professionals who are happy to help guests make the most of their experience. From baby steps right up to the instructor training courses, Marmot Basin is the perfect place to improve and reach your on snow goals.
Ski Services available range from:
- Private lessons
- First time lessons
- Next step adult lessons
- Novice lessons
- Green runners lessons
- intermediate to advanced lessons
- Adult group lessons
- Discover Package group lesson
- Discover all day kids package
- Family Discover package
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Marmot Basin’s Ski School instructors are all ‘kid’s approved’, ensuring that they have experience teaching youth and children. This is done so that kids can get a tailored lesson structure which caters to their needs, and abilities as students, as well as their ability levels.
Ski Services Available range from:
- Marmot Kids Day Camp – full day (6-12 years old)
- Marmot Kids Day Camp – half day (6-12 years old)
- Marmot Mites (4 – 5 year olds ski only program)
- Tiny Tracks lunch and lessons (4 – 5 years old)
- Little Rascals nursery (19 months – 6 years)
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
Marmot Basin’s Little Rascals nursery is a great home away from home for little ones, and is packed with entertaining options for kids from 19 months of age, and also gives little feet the option to experience the snow through lessons and a fun program to introduce kids to the mountain.
Accommodation at Marmot Basin Ski Resort
Lobstick Lodge – Moderate
The Marmot Basin Lobstick Lodge offers a variety of lodging options, as well as a great location. Lobstick’s spacious suites give guests room to relax and the option for a kitchenette gives guests the ability to self-cater. The Lobstick Lodge also has guest hot tubs, a sauna, a family restaurant, a lounge bar and laundry facilities.
- Standard Twin Hotel Room
- Standard Triple Hotel Room
- Deluxe Twin Hotel Room
- Deluxe Triple Hotel Room
- Kitchen Twin Room
The Crimson – Deluxe
The Crimson is a relaxing, comfortable home base, perfectly situated for guests to enjoy all that Jasper has to offer. Conveniently located close to downtown Jasper, the newest hotel in town gives guests warm hospitality throughout the Crimson Jasper as well as the C200 restaurant. Rooms offer a wide variety of features including: studio kitchenettes, full kitchen suites, fireplaces, balconies, WiFi access in all rooms, an indoor pool, hot tub, fitness room, and a shared guest lounge for all to enjoy.
- Standard Twin Room
- Standard Triple Room
- Twin Studio
- Triple Studio
- Quad Studio
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge – Premium
The World Famous Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is perfectly located amidst almost 700 acres of pristine Canadian wilderness along the shores of the emerald lake Beauvert, and a 20 minute drive from Marmot Basin Ski Resort. The Fairmont Jasper comprises of cedar and heritage style chalets and log cabins, accommodation options range from Fairmont guest rooms and suites, right up to fully private, self- contained signature cabins. Fairmont Jasper’s amenities and activities include 8 restaurants, café, heated outdoors pool, a newly redesigned spa, on site ice skating, cross country skiing, snowshoeing.
- Fairmont Twin Room
- Fairmont Deluxe Twin Room
- Junior Twin Fireplace suite
- Junior Twin Lakeview suite
- Junior Triple Lakeview suite
- Twin Lakefront suite
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.