MT BACHELOR SKI HOLIDAYS
Mt Bachelor Ski Resort is located on the dry, sheltered, eastern side of Mt Bachelor, and steeped in the traditions and community of Bend, Oregon. The team at Mt Bachelor take pride in their mountain expertise and will add a fun, exhilaration and a friendly feel to your snowy mountain getaway, with amenities galore. This is all done so you can have the best time possible during your stay, with friendly, professional, and approachable staff ready to help.
“What’s not to love with Mt Bachelor’s 360 degrees of skiable terrain spread over nearly 3,700 acres from its 9,065 foot Stratovolcano, this is home of the highest resort peak elevation in the Pacific Northwest!” – Shona AMPED
10 Top Reasons to Ski Mt Bachelor
- More skiable acres than anywhere in Oregon (3,683)
- The entire mountain is skiable – that’s 360-degrees of terrain.
- More than 460 inches of snow each year.
- Skiing well into May – and sometimes on the 4th of July!
- 88 runs with 3,365 feet of vertical served by 10 lifts (7 high speed quads)
- Just 20 minutes from Bend and Sunriver which means just 20 minutes
from two dozen breweries!
- Laid back atmosphere (It’s just a ski area – nothing else.)
- Named one of the top 25 ski resorts in the world by National Geographic
- One of the best ski area values around – daily lift tickets are under $80.
- You can say you skied a volcano – other than our beloved Mt Ruapehu!
Mt Bachelor Facts & Stats
- Skiiable terrain: 4,318 acres
- Longest run: 4 miles/6.4km
- Total trails: 88
- Trail difficulty: 25% expert, 35% advanced 25% intermediate, and 15% beginner
- Total lifts: 11 – includes 3 triple chairs and 8 high-speed quads
- Vertical drop: 3,365ft./1,025m
- Top elevation: 9,065ft./2,763m
- Lift capacity: 21,010 passengers/hour.
- Average annual snowfall: 462 in./11m
- 6 month season (November start –May end)
Getting to Mt Bachelor
Located close to the town and Airport of Bend, approximately 30 minutes in distance, or 4 hours from Portland, Mt Bachelor is really easy to get to.
Ex New Zealand
Same day connections from international flights ex NZ and Australia are available, dependent however on your international flight arrival time into Los Angeles/San Francisco. Domestic connecting flights are available from Los Angeles/San Francisco through to Mt Bachelor.
Scheduled seat and coach airport transfers operate, alternatively private vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost ex Redmond or Portland Airports
Regular resort shuttles run frequently around all of the resort, making getting around very easy. A car in Mammoth is therefore unnecessary.
Tours and Activities
- Ride the 7 Terrain parks
- Lava cave tours
- Nordic skiing
- Sled dog rides
- Dining options
- Brewery beer sampling
- Many on mountain parties and events
- Shopping and après in Bend
Mt Bachelor Ski School and Daycare
Mt Bachelor’s Ski Philosophy is to “play in the snow” this philosophy has helped thousands of new and returning Skiers and Snowboarders to foster a love for the snow while learning how to ski and progressing the level of skills which they have. Mt Bachelor Gravity School also takes pride in making sure their programs can be tailored to students needs and abilities, helping them to meet the students at whatever level they’re at, and taking them forwards through learning of new skills and abilities.
Ski Services available range from:
- Private lessons
- Adult programs
- Telemark Skiing
- Terrain Park and Halfpipe
- All-Mountain Snowboarding
- Adaptive Skiing
- Powder Technique
- Carving Technique
- Conquering the Steeps
- Mastering Ungroomed courses
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
Mt. Bachelor’s Childcare Center is a state-licensed facility offering care for children aged 6 weeks to 12 years old. Mt Bachelor has highly trained professional caregivers who specialise in making your child comfortable and happy
Ski Services available from
- Mighty mites(ages 3-5)
- All mountain Skiers/Riders(ages 6-14)
- Learn to Ski/Snowboard lessons
- Signature Start single/multi-day
- Ski or ride in 5 lessons
- Kids Gravity School lessons Half/Full day
- Kids private lessons
Accommodation at Mt Bachelor
Sun River Resort – Deluxe, Located Just Out Of Bend
The distinguished Sun River Resort at Mt Bachelor offers the finest in resort style comfort and class, with fine north-western accommodation styles, and excellent quality service and amenities including 9 dining options, a golf course, a spa and swimming pools, tennis courts, photography services, annual in resort events, stables, guided tours, white-water rafting, mountain bike tours, paintball, rock climbing, fly fishing, a nature centre and observatory, and a gym all these amenities are maintained to the highest standards in order to ensure that guests have the ability to indulge in the activities and resources available to them during their stay at Mt Bachelor.
The Sunriver Resort offers guests a wide range of accommodation types, in order to guarantee that they find the right accommodation to meet their needs; the Sunriver Resort has a selection of lodges and luxury accommodations, in order to enhance guests stay and ensure that guests have access to all of life’s luxuries during their stay.
Bend Homes and Apartments- Varied
the town of Bend has a wide variety of homes and apartments available to accommodate guests. Many of these private homes have two, three, four or five bedrooms, as well as options for a loft or den with additional sleeping or storage space.
Whether you are travelling as a small family or in a large group of family and friends, Bend guaranteed to have the ideal property to suit your needs with quality accommodation standards, great locations, and of course – excellent value for money
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.