DEER VALLEY SKI HOLIDAYS
It’s no suprise that Deer Valley’s been named the top ski resort in North America 5 years running by the readers of America’s Ski Magazine, as its a destination which is everything you wished it could … and more!
Luxurious, magical, secluded, and yet just so, so easy! From the free ski storage and ski valets, to the delivery of your rental gear to your room – honestly, what else could one ask for?
Don’t forget though, Deer Valley is a Ski Only Resort, so for those boarders out there we’d recommend that you invest in a few ski lessons, and don’t miss out on this fabulous resort. With six mountains to ski on, and over 100 trails and 21 chairlifts, your efforts to ski Deer Valley will be well rewarded!
10 Top Reasons to
Ski Deer Valley
- Exclusive: ‘Skiers’ only mountain.
- Snow quality: 355 inches of dry, dry powder.
- Massive Terrain: 6 mountains!
- Top Ski Resort: Voted 5 years running by the readers of America’s Ski Magazine.
- New experiences: Race down a true Nastar race track after launching your start out of the race gates.
- Progression: Fantastic progression opportunities for all from 3 years through to adults, with specialist programmes also available.
- Abundant luxury: From ski valet, to rental delivery to your room, to fine dining and Movie Star luxurious accommodation, Deer Valley is where it’s at!
- Sundance: Enjoy this festive event, held in the month of January every year. Book well in advance though i.e: 10-12 months out!
- Easy to get around: No need for a car as there are regular free shuttles around Park City, Deer Valley, and Canyons.
- Ski Multiple Resorts: Ski Park City, Canyons, Deer Valley on one ski pass, then shoot across to Alta and Snowbird and purchase a combo mountain pass to cover of that area
Deer Valley Facts & Stats
- Skiable Acreage: 2,026 acres/ 820 hectares
- Uphill Lift Capacity: 50,470 skiers p/hour
- Gondolas: 2
- Number of Chairlifts: 40 (including 24 high-speed quads, 2 quads, 10 triple and 4 double)
- Number of Runs: 202
- Base Elevation:
Deer Valley – 6,6570ft./2,003m
Little Baldy – 6,6570ft./2,003m
Bald Eagle – 7,200ft./2,195m
Bald – 8,100ft./2,469m
Flagstaff – 8,050ft./2,454m
Empire – 8,300ft./2,530m
Lady Morgan – 7,800ft./2,377m
- Summit Elevation:
Deer Valley Resort – 9,570ft./2,917m
Little Baldy – 7,950ft./2,423m
Bald Eagle – 8,400ft./2,560m
Bald – 9,400ft./2,865m
Flagstaff – 9,100ft./2,774m
Empire – 9,570ft./2,917m
Lady Morgan – 9,000ft./2,473m
- Vertical Feet:
Deer Valley Resort – 3,000ft./914m
Little Baldy – 1,380ft./421m
Bald Eagle – 1,200ft./366m
Bald – 1,300ft./397m
Flagstaff – 1,050ft./320m
Empire – 1,270ft./387m
Lady Morgan – 1,200ft./366m
Getting to Deer Valley
Deer Valley is located an easy 35-minute drive from the Salt Lake City Airport, and Serviced by over 700 flights a day from locations all over North America, Salt Lake City is so easy to get to!
Closest airport is Salt Lake City
Multiple daily flights from all major USA cities
Park City is just a 35 minute drive from Salt Lake City Airport
Rental cars are available, although a car is not needed in Park City.
Airport Shuttles and Taxi’s are readily available from Salt Lake City to Park City.
On offer are frequent free bus services in and around the ski resorts of Park City, Canyons, and Deer Valley.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
Enjoy Deer Valley’s gracious Mountain Hosts daily for an enchanting ski tour of Deer Valley Resort. Learn about the resort’s terrain, as well as some history and trivia on the area whilst discovering new runs and secret powder stashes with ‘where to go’ local knowledge. Available to skiers of intermediate and advanced abilities only. No advance reservations are required.
Time / Ability / Meeting Location
Time / Ability / Meeting Location
09:30 a.m. / Expert / Base of Carpenter Express chairlift, Snow Park Lodge (base area)
10:00 a.m. / Intermediate / Base of Carpenter Express chairlift, Snow Park Lodge (base area)
13:30 p.m. / Expert / Base of Sterling Express chairlift, Silver Lake Lodge (mid-mountain)
13:30 p.m. / Intermediate / Base of Sterling Express chairlift, Silver Lake Lodge (mid-mountain)
Other Resort Activities
- First Tracks
- Snowmobile Tours
- Sharp Shooter Photography
- Catered parties and banquets available
- Sleigh Rides
- Cross Country skiing
- Church Services
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Arcade games
- Local bowling centre
- Shopping, Art Galleries
- Bars and Clubs
Deer Valley Ski School and Daycare
Advanced reservations are essential for all Deer Valley services throughout the ski season, and especially during the December holiday period, Martin Luther King weekend, Presidents’ Day week and the month of March.
* So book your lessons before you depart on holiday *
Ski School offers exciting programs and activities for skiers of all ages and abilities. Deer Valley ski instructors will help you excel and get more enjoyment from your vacation.
Ski Services available range from:
- Private Lessons
- Max 4 Lessons (small group setting)
- Adult Specialty program (Male/Female exclusive sessions). These innovative programs involve you in planning the focus of the day. Programs will offer stance, balance, alignment, and video analysis, as well as test-ski equipment. Participants need to be 18 years+.
- Mahre Training Centre Ski Camps – These are 3 and 5 day sessions, conducted in part by Olympic medal winners Phil and Steve Mahre, who provide skiing fundamentals to all abilities. Included are six hours of daily instruction by top ski instructors, indoor sessions, unique Mahre Training Center progression, and video. Advanced reservations are necessary. Participants must be 12 years or older. Lift tickets are included in the price.
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Located in the Cody House next to the Bridger Gondola, the Kids Ranch offers age-specific activities for children from 6 months to 17 years old. Kids can experience Fort Wyoming and our Wild West Woods, an educational ski and snowboard program.
- Programmes on offer range from:
- Wrangler Daycare – 6 months to 2 years
- Pioneers Ski Lessons – 3 to 4 years (beginners only)
- Rough Rider Ski Lessons – 3 to 6 years
- Little Ripper Snowboard Lessons – 5 to 6 years
- Explorer Ski & Snowboard Lessons – 7 to 14 years
- The Fall Line Camp – 13 to 18 years
- Roundup Camp – Christmas, President’s Week and Spring Break
- Kids Night Out – Available Most Weeks
INFANTS AND CHILDREN / DAYCARE
The Deer Valley Children’s Center is a state-licensed facility providing supervision and activities for non-skiing children ages two months to 12 years.
Located on the main level of Snow Park Lodge, the Center is open daily during the ski season. Reservations essential!
Accommodation at Deer Valley
The Lodges – Superior property ‘short walk to lifts’
The Lodges is a deluxe mountain style condominium hotel nestled near the Snow Park Lodge base facility. From the grandeur of the lobby’s three-story fireplace, to the warmth of the beautifully appointed bedrooms, The Lodges is a statement in rustic elegance and hospitality.
The Lodges is a fantastic choice for families as there are supervised programs on offer for children of all ages to include: picture fram decorating, bead art, cookie decorating, arts and crafts, and more.
Amenities include in-town shuttle service, daily hot breakfast buffet served during the ski season, general store with coffee bar, daily housekeeping, gas fireplaces, outdoor heated pool and hot tub, on-site fitness facility, 24-hour front desk, bell and concierge service, complimentary Wi-Fi, Deer Valley Resort Ski Rental Shop and full-service meeting facilities are all offered at this distinct property.
• Standard and Deluxe Hotel Rooms
• 1,2,3 bedroom condominiums.
Black Diamond – Deluxe/Premier ‘ski in/ski out’ property
Located directly slope side, and next to Deer Valley’s Snow Park Lodge and Wide West ski run, Black Diamond Lodge offers luxury ski-in/ski-out accommodations.
Designed with premium finishes and appointments, each lodging residence offers the warm and inviting atmosphere of a custom mountain home.
Additional amenities include: wireless internet, ski valets, games room, skier’s lounge, locker room, complimentary in-resort shuttle, bell and concierge service, on-site check-in, sauna and steam room, fitness center, daily housekeeping, daily continental breakfasts, and aprés ski.
• Hotel Rooms
• 1,2,3,4 bedroom luxury suites
* Some rooms have their own private spa pools *
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.