AYLWIN ALPINE ACADEMY
SKI RACING PROGRAMS
Yes, the Aylwin Alpine Academy will return to Panorama & Whistler Ski Resort in BC, Canada in April 2020, bringing with it the charisma and passion of Brad Aylwin and his highly skilled team of coaches, to deliver another intensive Snowsports athlete training program.
This season’s ‘Aylwin Alpine Academy’ is guaranteed to push your kids to the limits of their abilities and beyond, with more days training on offer than ever before! On top of this, Brad’s high standards and fun attitude mean that athlete progression is guaranteed to be seen throughout the team, regardless of athletes’ abilities.
If you and your athlete are looking to reach new heights in their Race and/or Freestyle abilities, this challenging, yet fun training camp will guarantee a well-rounded Ski Race and Freestyle training experience!
Spaces are limited and early bookings are essential. Bookings only available through ‘AMPED The Ski Adventure Travel Specialists’.
“AMPED are proud to be the Official Travel Partner working along side the highly respected Brad Aylwin, and his Ski Race & Freestyle training program the ‘Aylwin Alpine Academy’.
Running twice yearly intensive Athlete training camps, The Aylwin Alpine Academy is the answer you have been looking for when it comes to Ski Racing and Freestyle Athlete development.
‘Aylwin Alpine Academy’ boasts to be the largest dedicated ‘On Snow/Off Shore’ development program to ever come out of New Zealand, and Brad’s passion and ability to inspire both coaches and athletes is second to none.” Shona – AMPED
“We’re very pleased to be working with Brad Aylwin and Shona Bracey on the Aylwin Alpine Academy program. The level of professionalism that Brad brings to this on-snow program is second to none, but it is paired nicely with Shona’s ability to plan the perfect training camp for young athletes, while at the same time catering to the needs of an entire family holiday.
Over the years that we’ve been hosting the ‘Aylwin Alpine Academy’ we have seen young racers improve in leaps and bounds, as well as have a tonne of fun doing it! We’re looking forward to another great northern winter on snow with the program, and we hope that you’ll join us.” Josh Foster – Director Of Snowsports, Big White Ski Resort
10 Top Reasons to Train with Aylwin Alpine Academy
- Train with New Zealand’s highly regarded Brad Aylwin, Ski Race Coach and his team of experienced Ski Race and Freestyle Coaches.
- Join us and be involved in New Zealand’s biggest offshore Snowsports Training event.
- Ski Panorama’s 2975 patrolled acres, and enjoy over 520 cm average annual snowfall
- Team spirit, encouraging attitudes, and planned events and activities throughout the duration of the camp ensure that the Aylwin Alpine Academy is packed with fun for all!
- Family package and fully chaperoned athlete camp options available.
- 7 or 14 days intensive training options to choose from in January 2020.
- Exclusive Lift discounts, early-bird access only available through AMPED throughout selected venues at the resort.
- Bi-annual camps allow ski athletes the chance to be on snow in our off season and stay on their peak on-snow performance all year round.
Meet Brad Aylwin Program Director
‘Aylwin Alpine Academy’
With over 40 years of ‘on snow’ experience Brad’s life has revolved around skiing from a very young age, having been born and bred in Canada, Brad was an active competitor in the Canadian race scene.
Brad is now the ‘Director of Snowsports at Snowplanet in Auckland NZ, he is also the Head Coach and Program Director of the Auckland-based Ski Team NSC Alpine during the Southern Hemisphere winter. In the Southern Hemisphere summer, Brad is Program Director and Head Coach of the ‘Aylwin Alpine Academy’, which currently trains out of Big White Canada.
Furthermore, Brad’s passion for snow is reflected in his expertise and meticulous attention to detail having achieved degrees in both Biomechanics and Outdoor Recreation,
Accolades aside, Brad’s eye for minute detail and high standards attribute to his distinctive coaching methods ensuring Athletes receive a well-rounded training experience and also develop on a personal level as they work on their pursuit of ‘on snow’ performance and excellence.
Gear You Need To Bring With You To Your Ski Racer Or Freestyle Training Camp
GEAR YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU TO YOUR SKI RACE TRAINING CAMP
- Slalom skis and GS skis. If the athlete only has 1 pair a kombi or slalom ski is best
- Poles. GS poles are not required but slalom pole guards should be removed for GS training days
- Chin guard (optional) Chin Guards should be removed for GS training
- Arm Guards(optional soccer shin guards work well)
- Training suit and shorts
- Tuning equipment
- Properly fitting ski boots. If they are bugging athletes before we go, get them sorted
- Rugby style mouth guard (Optional)
GEAR YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU TO YOUR FREESTYLE TRAINING CAMP
- Snowboard or Skis
- Properly fitting ski or Snowboard boots. If they are bugging athletes before we go, get them sorted
- Wrist Guards
- Tuning equipment
- Body Armour
- kneepads (optional)
- rugby style mouthguard (optional)
IN THE ATHLETE PACK (DAILY)
- Athletes should bring a small pack each day. This pack will be left top of course each day
- Spare Gloves, spare goggles, water, snack, money, medicine (if required)
- Extra top/jacket in case athlete gets cold/beanie
All Booking And Information Requests
Ph: 09 479 8929 or Toll Free 0508 4 AMPED | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Those Departing From Other Countries (Australia Or Elsewhere)
Contact AMPED For A Tailormade Quote