ALYESKA SKI HOLIDAYS
Canada’s Alyeska Ski Resort, located in the Chugach Mountains is Alaska’s premier ski destination; set in a glacier carved valley just outside the Chugach state park. The Alyeska Ski Resort offers guests steep terrain, deep POW, a balanced run difficulty structure, many many on snow activity options, as well as ocean views, the Alyeska Ski Resort offers a truly fantastic pure mountain experience with many fun events and experiences for young and old to enjoy on and off mountain regardless of their on snow ability.
The Alyeska Ski Resort also has well established terrain for snowshoeing, skiing, on mountain or glacier dog sledding, and great Nordic ski tracks, the Alyeska Ski Resort is guaranteed to keep guests active and enjoying the snow from morning till night
“With it’s beautiful glacier, huge snowfalls, and natural charm, the Alyeska Ski Resort is a place where there’s an activity to awe all visitors. With picturesque views throughout the Resort and on mountain and glacial activities, Alyeska truly gives guests a one of a kind ski adventure.’ – Shona AMPED
10 Top Reasons to Ski Alyeska
- Night skiing with the Northern Lights dancing across the sky.
- the Alyeska ski resort gets an average of a massive 650 inches of natural snow per year
- Third largest state park in the US, complete with incredible glacial skiing and a rainforest
- Pure natural feel throughout the resort
- Charming town area with friendly locals
- The only north American resort with both mountain and ocean views
- track your vertical system uses RFID to give information on vertical feet skied
- many things to do, including dog sledding, cat- skiing, guided ice climbing, whale watching and flightseeing adventures
- close proximity to 3 national parks
- competitive accommodation and activity pricings, as well as a year round airport
Alyeska Facts & Stats
- Skiable terrain: 1,610 acres
- Total number of runs: 76
- Elevation base: 250ft./76m
- Lift-served: 2,500ft./762m
- Total vertical rise: 3,200ft./975m (Headwall to Base)
- Summit: 3,939ft./1,200m
- Total lifts: 9 (including 2 high-speed detachable quads, 2 fixed quads, 2 doubles, 2 magic carpets and 1 60-passenger aerial tram
- Trail difficulty: Beginner 11%, Intermediate 52%, Expert/Advanced 37%
- Lift capacity: 12,196 skiers p/hour
- Season: mid-November through mid-April
Getting to Alyeska
Ex New Zealand
- The Alyeska Resort is located just 40 miles south of Anchorage, Alaska in the town of Girdwood. Convenient access is available at the modern Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.
- By air: Auckland to Anchorage Airport flights are available through many operators and give travellers easy access to Alaska.
- By road: Car rental, and public transport options to Alyeska,are easy to organise from Anchorage airport.
Alyeska Ski School and Daycare
Alyeska’s Mountain Learning Centre offers private and group lessons for all ages and ability levels. With a certified team of Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and American Association of Snowboard Instructors, the Alyeska Mountain Learning Centre provides comprehensive tailored programs designed to help skiers and snowboarders correct their techniques, pick up new skills, and get the most out of their on-hill experience there are 4 different options for learners based on their type of skiing/ snowboarding and a levels system based on a combination of age and skills, and each tries to get skiers and snowboarders to take the next step towards reaching their full potential.
Ski Services available range from:
- Beginner/ learn to ski sessions and lesson packages
- Private ski/ snowboard lessons
- Group ski/ snowboard lessons
- Multi session ski/ snowboard lessons clinics
- Childrens’ programs
- Mighty mites kid’s camps.
- Discover program
- Alyeska Heroes Snowboard Program
- Women’s Wednesday Clinics
- Burton Learn-to-Ride Center
- Outer Area Tours
- Challenge Alaska
Tours and Activities
Whether you are celebrating the New Year, or closing the ski season in style at the Alyeska Spring festival, there are always events, activities and challenges for guests to get involved in at the Alyeska Ski Resort
- Ski Patrol Auction (December 6, 2014)
- Torchlight Parade & Fireworks (December 31, 2014)
- North Face Vertical Challenge (February 20, 2015)
- Chugach Open (March 20 & 21, 2015) mountain competition open to alpine, snowboard & telemark.
- Spring Carnival (April 10 – 12, 2015)
- Ride the scenic summit aerial tram
- Round House Museum (free admission).
- Snow shoeing
- Ski cross country skis
- scenic helicopter rides- Tours include stops on the glacier or simply fly over the heavily glaciated waters of Prince William Sound.
- Heli-skiing and cat-skiing tours and packages
- glacier jet boat tours
Accommodation at Alyeska
Hotel Alyeska – Premier – Ski in/Ski Out Accommodation
The Alyeska Resort’s Hotel Alyeska offers guests the ultimate, no compromise accommodation opportunity. Having opened since 1994 in a lush valley surrounded by mountain peaks, the Hotel Alyeska’s unique blend of rich native influences infused with a modern influence has taken guests to a whole new level of winter wonder for over 20 years, on top of impeccable accommodation standards, the hotel Alyeska features a 60-passenger aerial scenic tram, Saltwater pool, whirlpool & fitness center, Seven Glaciers Restaurant – AAA Four Diamond award-winning mountain-top dining, Spa at Alyeska, Unique, world-class dining & shops, High-speed internet access in guest rooms, Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi in common areas, Easy access to open space, nature trails & walking paths, as well as Starbucks in-room coffee
Royal Suite (1275 sq ft, 2 storey parlour)
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.