BIG WHITE SKI HOLIDAYS
Labeled as Canada’s ‘Favourite Family Resort’ Big White is a specialist ski resort dedicated to making family holidays fun-filled and memorable!
Having been voted as the number one place to be deserted by your parents in BC, Big White’s award-winning Kids Centre and Ski School is packed full of day and night time activities to keep your kids and teens entertained for the entire time they are here. Thus, creating an environment where parents can also take some time out to enjoy what this stunning mountain resort has on offer, and in their own time.
Located directly on mountain Big White Ski Resort is Canada’s largest ski-in ski-out Alpine Village offering a safe family environment, day and night, with everything centrally located for easy access for all. With facilities ranging from cafeterias to fine dining, there are a total of 19 restaurants, cafes and deli’s, to include 8 lounges and bars for after-hours Après Ski fun and entertainment.
Big White is easily accessible from Kelowna International airport by a leisurely 1-hour bus transfer. Big White ski resort expands over 7,355 acres in total and receives an amazing amount of (7 meters) of dry, light snow each year. With its 16 lifts and an uphill capacity of 28,000 skiers and riders per hour, you’ll never wait more than a couple of minutes – even at the busiest times. Big White is Western Canada’s Largest Resort Night Skiing Area: 38 acres (15 hectares)
“I really love this resort for many reasons, and it is well suited to everyone, and not just families. However in saying that, Big White is exceptionally good at catering to families! In all honesty, this resort well exceeded my expectations in every way! A must do is sampling the terrain over at Gem Lake, and finish your day off with Big Whites signature drink, the ‘gun barrel coffee’ at Snowshoe Sam’s.” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to
Ski Big White
- Snow quality: ‘It’s the Snow’ is Big Whites motto, with over 750cm of light, dry, fluffy ‘Okanagan Champagne’ powder each year
- One of Canada’s largest ski-in-ski-out resort village – you can ski right from the door of your room!
- Something for everyone: From budget accommodations through to luxury condo’s with their own private hot tubs, there is something to suit everyone’s want, need, and budget
- Terrain: 2,765 acres of terrain geared for all levels of skiers and boarders, ranging from green, blue, and black/double black runs accessible right from to top of the mountain
- Ski longer: Western Canada’s Largest Resort Night Skiing Area: 38 acres (15 hectares)
- Voted Canadas favorite Family Resort, there are free activities for the kids nearly every day including Carnival games night & smores and hot chocolates around a bonfire.
- Adventure Activities including an ice-climbing tower, dog-sledding, horse-drawn sleigh rides, snowmobiles and more!
- Fireworks in the village EVERY Saturday night
- Après Ski: With 23 on-mountain restaurants, cafes, delis, pubs and nightclubs, there’s no shortage of places to relax and enjoy
- Catering for your Kids: Award-Winning Grooming, Kids Centre and Ski & Board School
Big White Facts & Stats
- Winter Hours of Operation: Opening, 23 November 2017 to April 8th, 2018 (Usually late November to mid-April)
- Day Skiing: 8:45am – 3:30pm Daily
- Night Skiing: 3:30pm – 8:00pm Tuesday to Saturday *Night Skiing times vary at different times of the season*
- Average Annual Snowfall: 750cm/24.5ft.
- Elevation: Summit: 7,606ft./2,319m
- Village Centre: 5,757ft./1,755m
- Westridge Base: 4,950ft./1,508m
- Vertical Drop: 2,550ft./777m
- Runs: 118 Designated Trails (Beginner 18%, Intermediate 54%, Expert 22%, Extreme 6%)
- Longest Run: 4.5mi/7.2km (Around the World Route – it runs from the top of the top of the T-Bar to Bottom of Gem Lake)
- Total Uphill Capacity: 28,000 skiers p/hour / 20 million Vertical Transport Feet (VTD) p/hour
- Location: 35mi/56km from Kelowna to Village Centre. East/southeast of Kelowna from Hwy 97 via Hwy 33 and Big White Road. 30 mi/45km from Kelowna to the Westridge base.
Getting to Big White
Big White is located just 56 kms from Kewlona International Airport, which is around 49 minutes from Airport to resort.
Same day connections from international flights ex NZ and Australia are available, dependant however on your international flight arrival time into Vancouver.
Direct flights ex Los Angeles through to Kewlona are also affable.
Private vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost.
Rental cars are available ex Kewlona airport, although a rental car is total unnecessary during your stay in Big White.
Scheduled resort shuttles transfer guests to Big White, approx. 49 mins
Inter resort shuttles between Big White and Silver Star available, via Kewlona airport, and take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
Regular resort shuttles run frequently around all of the resort, making getting around very easy. Don’t bring a car to Big White, as it is totally unnecessary, and will just sit in the garage for your entire stay.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
Other Resort Activities
- Ice Climbing Tower
- Mega Snow Coaster Tube Park
- Snowmobile Tours
- Mini Z Children’s Snowmobiles
- Ice Skating
- Dog Sledding
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides
- Cross Country Skiing
- Spas: Elevation Village Spa
- Family Events, Carnival Nights
Big White Ski School and Daycare
Big White are real specialists when it comes to teaching snowsports. With their unique ‘fast track’ formula to get you up and skiing faster, progression is the thing you will notice the most here whilst under the careful guidence of Big White’s Ski Pros.
Furthermore, Big White offer exciting programs and activities for skiers and boarders of all ages and abilities.
Ski Services available range from:
- Private Lessons
- Small Group Lessons
- Beginners programmes
- First Tracks
- Adaptive Ski
- Beginners Programs
- Specalist Camps
- Mom, Dad, and me are skiing
- Nordic Ski Tours
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Big White offers kid-friendly, purpose built terrain, which includes the designated learners area of ‘Happy Valley’.
With the philosophy of ‘having fun’ on the snow being the priority here, learning comes easy for youngters who attend programmes and lessons with the Big White Pros. There are a wide variety of kid orientated ski school programs for all ages suited, and range from 1/2 day to full day options including lunch, age dependant.
Kids are accepted into ski lessons from the age of 4, and into snowboard lessons from age 7.
Ski Services Available range from:
- Group lessons
- Ski Cubs, 4-6 yrs – 1/2 and full day available
- Snow Riders, 7-12 yrs – 1/2 and full day available
- Mum, Dad & Me, 4-6, child & parent – This is a semi private 2 hour lesson which is great for beginners that also introduces parents to tips and tricks on how to teach their children whilst making it fun and exciting. Parents needs to be of an intermediate skiing ability. * may not run every day, prebooking is advised.
- Freestyle – Big White run many freestyle sessions and camps to challenge your child and take their freestyle abilities to the next level.
- Private lessons
- Speciality clinics
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
Friday and Saturday night child care for children 4 and up, who are potty trained.
Little Adventures Children’s Centre welcomes kids 6 weeks to 6 years of age. A state licensed child care facility providing fun, age-appropriate activities. Their unique location allows us to include a Gondola ride up the mountain to a sledding hill.
AFTER DARK PROGAM
Big White offer nightly ‘after dark’ kids programmes. Spaces are limited so prebooking at the Kids Centre before 3pm is essential. Activities range from dinner & tubing, hot chocolate & ice skating, activity nights, board games, etc.
This is a fantastic way for children to meet some new friends, and for parents to enjoy an evening out, kid free, to sample one of Big Whites fantastic restaurants, or night spots, around the resort!
Accommodation at Big White
HOTELS – Ranging from Budget to Moderate ‘ski in/ski out’ properties
Big White boasts three full service hotels featuring hotel rooms, 1 and 2 bedroom suites offering great service, value and quality. Each hotel is centrally located and provides a great range of amenities that will make your stay at Big White an unforgettable experience.
Inn at Big White
White Crystal Inn
Chateau Big White
CONDOMINIUM APARTMENTS & TOWN HOMES – Ranging from Budget to Deluxe ‘ski in/ski out’ properties
At Big White guests can choose from a selection of budget to high class deluxe condominium apartments and town homes to find the perfect home away from home. No matter what your choice guests can expect quality accommodation, friendly service, and great value for money!
Black Bear II
Chateau on Ridge
Plaza on the Ridge
Copper Kettle Lodge
VACATION HOMES AND CABINS – Deluxe ‘ski in/ski out’ stand alone accommodation
Big White have a great selection of Vacation Homes and Cabins on offer. From private homes with two, three, four or five bedrooms, and many also have a loft or den with additional sleeping space.
Whether you are travelling as a small family or in a large group of family and friends, Big White have a the perfect-fit properties, all of which offer quality accommodation, friendly service, great locations, and of course – excellent value for money!
Bullet Creek Cabins
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.