FERNIE SKI HOLIDAYS
Boasting the highest vertical chairlift in the Canadian Rockies ‘The Polar Peak Lift’, the Fernie Ski Resort is an exhilarating ski destination for big mountain adventure, complimented with its historical and quaint small town Canadian charm.
Fernie is regularly declared one of the ‘top’ ski resorts in North America, and all for good reason. With a whopping 3,550 vertical feet, 2,500 acres of varied terrain, 5 epic alpine bowls, 140 runs, and endless glades, all thanks to Fernie’s legendary 37 feet of snow each season. Fernie is picture perfect in every way, and well suited to all skiing and boarding abilities.
At Fernie Alpine Resort you will enjoy ski-in/ski-out convenience. Furthermore, Fernie’s accommodation selections offer a good choice to suit any budget, from luxury 5 star mountain chalets, to more modest self contained units, Fernie is extremely affordable, and a Canadian ski destination one just shouldn’t pass up.
“Its hard to believe there is a Canadian destination where the annual snowfall is actually enough to cover a 3 storey building .. but its true, so welcome to Fernie! A place for all levels of skiers and boarders, family friendly, and a truly breathtaking setting. Fernie is another ‘must do’ Canadian hotspot!” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski Fernie
- The Fernie Ski Resort has a huge learning area, ensuring space to spread your wings.
- Fernie is full of secret powder pockets and hidden mountain spots to discover
- Fernie has been rated one of the top 25 ski towns in the world
- Fernie boasts the biggest Vertical in the Rockies
- A family friendly feel throughout the Fernie Ski Resort, with many activities for all ages
- Fernie runs a plethora of great parties, festivals and celebrations throughout the tear
- Top of the line grooming and lift equipment keeps the Fernie Ski Resort fresh, day in and day out!
- The Fernie Ski Resort team has a large plan for track improvement, including doubling the length of the Emily’s run to provide a new top- of- the- line race training run
- The Fernie Ski Resort rental shop is packed with high performance equipment for kids and adults ensuring the best gear possible for Skiers and Riders.
- The Fernie Ski Resort has many group programs and easy activity facilitation, so BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!
Fernie Mountain Resort Facts & Stats
- Vertical Drop: 1082m / 3550ft
- Base Elevation: 1052m / 3450ft
- Summit Elevation: 2,134m / 7000ft
- Ski Season: Early December to April
- Skiable Terrain: 3,486 acres
- Average Snowfall: 9.1m / 30ft
- Trails: 142 named trails
- Terrain: 30% Beginner, 40% Intermediate/Advanced, 30% Expert
- Uphill Capacity: 14916 skiers per hour
- Longest Run: 5 km, Falling Star
- Lift System: 10 lifts. 2 High Speed Quad Chairs, 2 Quad Chairs, 3 Triple Chair, 3 surface lifts
- Average Winter Temperature: -5C / 25F
Getting to Fernie Ski Resort and Village
The Fernie Ski Resort is located in the south-east corner of the B.C. Rockies on Highway No.3 approximately 60 km (40 miles) from the Alberta and U.S. borders. It is 5 km (3 miles) from the City of Fernie and only 1.5km up the hill from the highway intersection.
Same day connections from international flights ex NZ and Australia are available, dependent however on your international flight arrival time into Vancouver. Calgary International Airport will get guests to Fernie, through a 3.5 hour scenic drive; alternatively flying to Cranbrook will shorten this to 1.25 hours
The Fernie Connector bus and many daily shuttles will transfer guests from Calgary International Airport, alternatively, the Kootenay taxi and van services operate from Cranbrook, Calgary, and USA. Rental cars are also available.
Alert guests may get to see spectacular mountain scenery, elk, bighorn, moose and deer
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
The Fernie Ski Resort team run a range of day and evening tours and activities to supplement guests’ skiing and riding, join in on a free mountain tour, go snow-shoeing or partake in many holiday activities on offer, you’re sure to have a blast!
Other Resort Activities
- Free Mountain Tours
- Mountain Heritage Snowshoe Tours
- Cross Country Skiing
- Holiday Activities Galore
- Terrain Parks
- Night Skiing
- Adaptive Snow Program
Fernie Ski School and Daycare
The Fernie Ski Resort’s team of professional and enthusiastic ski & snowboard experts are happy to guide all guests to the best mountain resort experience ever, with many programs and activities for skiers and boarders of all ages and abilities, with skiers and risers all being grouped based on their on snow competence to ensure that the group is evenly matched.
Ski Services available range from:
- Private Lessons
- Group Lessons
- Adaptive Ski Lessons
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
with Kids being graded and grouped based on ability with 6 ski levels, and 5 snowboarding ability levels, Fernie guarantees that kids lessons are relevant to the level of skiing that kids are at, ensuring that your kids will be learning relevant and important new skills.
Ski Services Available range from:
- Kid’s Clubs (age based grouping)
- Girls Only Kids Club (age based grouping)
- Snowboarders Only Kids Club (age based grouping)
- Kids Freeride Team
- Kids Girls Only Freeride Team
- Kids Big Mountain Snowboarding
- Fernie Freestyle snowboarding
- Telus learn to ski or snowboard camps
- kids adventure camps
- specialised camps
- family coaching
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
with daycare available from 18 months to 6 years, the Telus childcare facility at Fernie includes an optional lunch, and the opportunity to enrol kids into ski and snowboard lessons with experienced kid friendly teachers.
Accommodation at Fernie Mountain Resort
Fernie Slopeside Lodge- Resort Base, Economy, Ski-in/ Ski-out
The Fernie Slopeside Lodge is conveniently located right at the base of the Fernie Ski Resort, and just steps from the Fernie village plaza, restaurants and lifestyle. With Lodge and family rooms available, as well as Cable TV, Coffee Maker, and fridge in every room, as well as two indoor Jacuzzi’s, ski and board storage lockers, a zipline, and laundry facilities,the Fernie Slopeside is convenient for the enjoyment of all of Elk Valley.
- Alpine Suite
- Family Rooms
- Standard Rooms
Cornerstone Lodge- Village Hub, Moderate, Ski In/Ski Out
At the Relaxed hub of Fernie Village is the Cornerstone Lodge, set right next to the base of deer chair with a prime ski-in/ski-out location with well appointed rooms offering full kitchen facilities, washer/dryer, gas fireplaces,and living rooms, with options for a balcony also available. Cornerstone Lodge amenities also include outdoor hot tubs, free high speed Wi-Fi, underground parking, the Kelsey’s Bar and Grill, a cafe, and the resort daycare facilities
- Standard 1 Bedroom Suite
- Deluxe 2 Bedroom Suite
- Premium 2 Bedroom Suite
Lizard Creek Lodge, Deluxe Ski In/Ski Out
The Lizard Creek Lodge and Condos is a pristine Fernie property, offering full ski-in/ ski- out access, as well as jaw dropping mountain views and convenient access to the Elk chair, with different configurations for each luxurious suite offering a uniqueness to each stay, as well as full kitchens and lounge fireplaces in each room. Lodge amenities also include a health and spa club, onsite casual and fine dining options, a retail store, a heated indoor/outdoor pool, and outdoor hot tubs to ensure that guests get the finest that luxury has to offer
- Studio Lodge
- 1 Bedroom Lodge
- 1 Bedroom Loft Lodge
- 2 Bedroom Condo
- 2 Bedroom Loft Lodge
- 3 Bedroom Loft Condo
Snow Creek Lodge & Cabins- Deluxe, Ski In/Ski Out
The immaculate Snow Creek Lodge and Cabins offers guests a Ski In/Ski Out location which enjoys beautiful views of the Fernie Ski Resort, all Condominium accommodation options enjoy full kitchens, lounges, dining areas, cable TV, in room Wi-Fi, and gas fireplaces with optional balconies also available. Cabin guests get first class log cabins with full kitchens, gas fireplaces, cable TV, in suite Wi-Fi, washer/dryer, a private hot tub, and a BBQ. All Snow Creek guests also get access to a fitness studio, an outdoor heated swimming pool, shared hot tubs, BBQ facilities, a guest laundry, and ski lockers.
- 1 Bedroom Lodge
- 2 Bedroom Lodge
- 2 Bedroom Lodge Cabin
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.