KIMBERLEY SKI HOLIDAYS
With the bluest of skies and white, white, snow, Canada’s Kimberley Alpine Resort offers guests a laid back feel, with genuine people, and countless reasons to make skiers and riders smile.
Set in the Canadian Rockies, Kimberley balances beautiful sunshine, with perfect powder, to create a fun filed ski resort resort packed with exciting family activities, complimented with laid back Après options to guarantee an awesome time for all.
“The friendly leisurely Kimberley Ski Resort offers guests laid back slopes, fun runs and pleny of dry, fluffy powder, as well as kilometres of gentle, meticulously groomed trails, making this relaxing ski resort truly an enjoyable experience”. Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski Kimberley
- Enjoy Kimberley fun and laid back attitude
- Kimberley Ski Resort offers visitors a ‘Big Mountain Experience’
- ‘Kimberley Ski Resort has four mountain faces with their own unique offerings
- The team at Kimberley are constantly updating the terrain, keeping this an ever changing resort
- Kimberley Ski Resort offers a long list of kids activities to keep young ones happy and enjoying their time
- Kimberley respects the environment and the ki resort team is committed to decrease their impact through plenty of environmental initiatives
- Kimberley Ski Resort offers specialist ski race coaching, events and training schedules
- Kimberley Ski resort has an active team which plans lots of fun holiday activities to suit all ages
- Kimberley recently revamped Karpark terrain park has a creative, trendy style with lots of opportunities for beginners right through to pros.
- Kimberley Ski Resort goes as late as you do, with many après options as well as night skiing
Kimberley Ski Resort Facts & Stats
- Skiable terrain: 1,800 acres
- Longest run: 6.5km
- Total trails: 80
- Trail difficulty: 38% advanced 42% intermediate, and 20% beginner
- Total lifts: 5 lifts (includes 1 Express Quad, 1 Triple, 1 Double, 2 Surface Lifts)
- Vertical drop: 2,465 ft. (751m)
- Lift served vertical drop: 2,465 ft. (751m)
- Base elevation: 4,035ft. (1,230m)
- Lift served elevation: 6,500ft. (1,981m)
- Maximum height: 6,500 ft. (1,981 m)
- Lift capacity: 6,452 passengers/hour.
- Average annual snowfall: 200 inches (5m)
- 4 month season (December start –April end)
Getting to Kimberley Mountain Village
The Kimberley Ski Resort covers four faces of the East Kootenays in South- East British Columbia, Canada.
Same day connections from international flights ex NZ and Australia are available, dependent however on your international flight arrival time into Vancouver. Calgary International Airport will get guests to Kimberley through a scheduled 4 hour scenic drive; alternatively flying to Cranbrook will shorten this
The approximate drive time to Kimberley Ski Resort from Calgary, Alberta, is just 4hours. Take Highway #1 west, which takes you through to Highway #95 south, and then connect onto Highway 95a which heads onto Kimberley.
Kimberley Ski Resort offers guests a scheduled shuttle service every day from 22 December to 28th March.
A true Family Resort Experience, the Kimberley Ski Resort offers a variety of day and night time activities to suit all ages, these many tours, events, and apres options help make the Kimberley Ski Resort a place that only sleeps when you do.
Kimberley Resort Activities
- Kimberley Athlete training centre
- RCR Terrain Park
- Kidz Rule Nights
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Fondue
- Heli Skiing
- CAT Skiing
- Snowmobile Tours
- Igloo Experiences
- Dog Sledding
- Many Dining Options
Kimberley Ski School and Daycare
With the World Class Telus Ski School having been brought in to manage Kimberley’s Ski School, guests are guaranteed to be in an environment where they will learn to ski through passion and knowledge, as well as a style that’s correct for the student’s age right the way through from 3 to 93
Ski Services available range from:
- First Time Ski and Snowboard Lessons
- First Time 3 day package lessons
- Family Lessons
- Half day 2 hr lessons
- full day 4 hr lessons
- private lessons
- group lessons
- 3 day performance boot camp
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Kimberley Ski Resort has specifically trained ‘Kids’ teachers, and give shorter lessons for younger children. This is to ensure children don’t get tired, and allows for a fun time to be had on snow.
Children are taught through games and fun skill development exercises to ensure that kids are up and skiing in no time
Ski Services Available range from:
- Tigers group lessons (3-5 years)
- Tigers Private Lessons (3-5 years)
- Kid Zone daily lessons (5-12 years)
- Kid Zone 3 day packages (5-12 years)
- Teen Club (13-17)
- Teen Club 3 day Boot camp (13-17)
TELUS WILD HORSE CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
The Telus Wild Horse Daycare at Kimberley Ski Resort offers guests friendly childcare staff, with experienced backgrounds, who can ensure that kids will be safe and have fun while parents Ski Kimberley Ski Resort at their leisure.
Accommodation at Kimberley Ski Resort
Trickle Creek Lodge- Deluxe, Ski in- Ski Out
The Trickle Creek Lodge offers guests rustic styled chalet accommodation in the heart of Kimberley, a short 2 minute walk to the Kimberley Ski resort and the option for a family upgrade giving guests a family suite option with VIP kids check in which includes hot chocolate, cookies, kids bath robe, stuffed animals, helium balloons, a goody bag and chap stick. Staying at the Trickle Creek Lodge also includes: Meeting room access, ski equipment storage, BBQ area, laundry, fitness centre, 2 outdoor hot tubs, a year- round heated pool and the full service Montana’s Cookhouse restaurant.
One Bedroom Deluxe Suite
Two Bedroom Deluxe Suite
Polaris Lodge- Moderate, central village, Ski-In/ Ski-Out
Situated in the centre of the Kimberley Ski Resort Village, The Polaris Lodge gives guests access to all the places to go in the Kimberley Ski Resort town. The Polaris Lodge is conveniently placed near shops, the Stemwinder pub, and resort Facilities as well as the Northstar Express ski lift, which helps guests have freedom for both day and night activities. Polaris Lodge suites also include full size kitchens, daily housekeeping, underground parking, Free Wi-Fi, outdoor heated pool and hot tubs, fitness centre and BBQ/ Picnic area
1 Bedroom Suite
Sullivan Stone Lodge, Deluxe, Next To Main Ski Run
The Kimberley Ski Resort’s newest accommodation, the Sullivan Stone Lodge offers guests luxurious, well appointed units with full kitchens,hillside or valley views, living rooms, gas fireplaces, private balconies, BBQ’s and private in suite hot tubs, Sullivan Stone lodge is also in close proximity to the main and Rosa Ski Runs, with one of the best locations in Kimberley.
Hillside 3 Bedroom Units
Valley Side 3 Bedroom Units
Northstar Mountain Village, Various options.
The Northstar Ski Resort mountain village offers guests the chance to experience Northstar through a variety of accommodation options and locations, and gives guests a chance to have self contained apartments or condos. Staying in the Northstar Village guarantees guests the space they need to enjoy Northstar their own way.
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.