SILVER STAR SKI HOLIDAYS
Another family favourite, Silver Star offers a charming ski-in/ski-out resort village, which is anything but dull!
Starting with its brightly painted exterior finishes, sort after kids ski school and yearly development camps, through to the exhilarating steep and deep at Putnam Creek, Silver Star is nothing short of addictive and a reason why people come to back, year after year.
On the slopes you’ll enjoy an incredible selection of terrain spread over more than 3000 acres, which include 115 runs over 3 mountain faces, 12 ski lifts, and of course all of this complemented with their yearly haul of 7+ metres of champagne powder each year!
Silver Star is renowned for its long groomed cruisers, extensive Nordic trails, Tellus Terrain park, and the winched cat ‘dark side’ providing the steep and deep for those expert skiers and boarders . Furthermore, located just 356 kms from its neighbouring ski resort of Big White, the option of a Silver Star/Big White arrangement almost makes for the perfect combination of BC ski resorts for those looking for a multi-resort option.
“Silver Star is beyond words, and in simple terms an experience that everyone should have at least once in their life time! It is captivating, relaxing, exhilarating, invigorating, and just generally ticks all the boxes, no matter who is writing the list. Honestly, don’t think it, just do it – Silver Star really is that good!” Shona – Amped
- 10 Top Reasons to Ski
- Facts & Stats
- Getting to Silver Star
- Tours & Activities
- Ski School & Daycare
10 Top Reasons to Ski Silver Star
- Snow quality: Silver Star receives over 700cm of light, dry, fluffy powder each year
- Temperature: Silver Star experiences an average of -3 °c, so perfect conditions for snow sports
- Offers Great Value: From budget accommodations through to luxury condo’s with their own private hot tubs, there is something to suit everyone’s want, need, and budget
- Terrain: 3,282 acres of terrain geared for all levels of skiers and boarders, ranging from green, blue, and black/double black runs accessible right from to top of the mountain
- Uniquely Beautiful: With its buildings painted vibrant colours ruminating its mining day history, creating a magical setting like no other.
- Family Friendly: Catering for the newly born through to the non-skiing family member, Silver Star knows what it takes to make memorable family ski holidays.
- Renowned Ski School: Extensive ski school higher learning catering to everyone of all abilities from private, group, racing, or speciality tailor made tuition
- So much to do: Organised daily family events and activities, on and off snow, day and night
- Nordic Galore: With over 100 Nordic trails voted by many as the best Nordic in BC
- Easy to get to: Fly either direct to Vancouver from AU or NZ, or direct through to Kewlona from LAX
Silver Star Facts & Stats
- Village Elevation: 1,609 m / 5,280 ft
- Accommodation: 5.600 pillows
- Restaurants, Cafes and Bars: 18 Food & Beverage outlets
- Ski Season: Late Nov to early April
- Peak Elevation: 1,915 m / 6,280 ft
- Base Elevation 1,155 m / 3,780 ft
- Vertical Drop: 760 m / 2,500 ft
- Annual Snowfall: 700 cm+ / 23 ft +
- Average Temperature: 5 °C / 23 F
- Ski-able Area: 3,282 Ski-able Acres (1,320 hectares)
- Total Uphill Capacity: 14,000 people per hour
- Trails: 132 marked trails totaling 93km
- Terrain Type: 15% Beginner, 40% Intermediate, 35% Advanced, 10% Expert
- Longest Run: Eldorado 8 km
- Nordic: 100 km (60 miles) of trails including Sovereign Lakes 4 km lit track for night skiing. Lift access to upper trail
- Heli-Skiing: 270,000 Ski-able Acres (109,265 hectares).
Getting to Silver Star
Situated in the heart of the Okanagan Valley, which is great news if you are a wine lover! Silver Star Ski Resort is an easy destination to get to by either road, or air.
By air: Kelowna International Airport is less than an hour’s flight from Vancouver, Calgary or Seattle. Non-stop flights from Toronto are available. U.S. Customs is at the Kelowna Airport.
Silver Star’s airport shuttles serve the ski areas and seats must be reserved in advance.
By car: Silver Star are in the heart of the Okanagan Valley. Silver Star is 40 miles northeast of Kelowna. Silver Star is around 59 miles apart from its sister property Big White, and is about 4.5 to 5.5 hours from Vancouver and Spokane, and six to seven hours from Seattle.
Getting around: No car is needed at Silver Star unless you plan to explore the area, or multiple ski resorts. At Silver Star, a taxi loops continuously throughout the resort until 10 p.m. daily. Inter-resort shuttles provide transfers
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
FREE MOUNTAIN TOURS/SKI HOSTS
Free mountain tours leave from the centre of the village at 9.30am and 1.15 pm daily.
Other Resort Activities
- Big White, Sun Peaks, and Revelstoke day trips
- Climbing Wall
- Heli Skiing
- Horse Sleigh Rides
- Ice Skating
- Mini Sleds
- Snowmobile Tours
- Winter Fat Biking
- Tube Town
- Nordic Skiing
- Sleigh ride, snow cat & snowmobile dinner tours
* Highly recommend the Horseman’s Cabin dinner
Silver Star Ski School and Daycare
Providing professional coaching since 1959, Silver Star is home to one of the most innovative Snow sport schools in Canada.
“Best place to learn from the pros” – Ski Canada Magazine, Silver Star’s pros are certified and trained in alpine skiing, snowboarding, telemark and Nordic.
Ski Services available range from:
- Beginner Skiing and Snowboarding Programs
- Private Lessons
- Small Group Lessons
- Beginners Programs
- Tailor Made Programs
- Bump Clinics
- Speciality Camps
- Introductory Fat Biking Lessons
- Ladies Fat Biking Lessons
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Silver Star offers kid-friendly terrain and a wide variety of kid orientated ski school programs for all ages.
Ski Services Available range from:
- Discover skiing for tots ages 4-5
- Discover snowboarding ages 6+
- Small group lessons from ages 4-12 years
- Private coaching 3-12 years
- Speciality clinics
- Race programs
- Race The Gates
Test your skills and race through the gates at Silver Star’s Race Centre, then watch yourself on video in the Club Saloon.
Days: Most Friday’s and Saturday’s. Time: 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm at the Race Centre, 4:00 pm at the Club Saloon located on Main Street in the Village. Price: Unlimited races estimated $12
Please note that the price is not subject to Seasons Pass Holder discounts. Bookings essential!
INTERNATIONAL ALPINE ACADEMY (IAA)
IAA is recognized as the leading ski improvement programme for children from New Zealand & Australia!!
Programs at Silver Star run for 1, 2 and 3 weeks during the January School Holidays, and focus on race, rail, and free-ride development. Each week includes 5 days of on-snow training with highly qualified and experienced coaches, dedicated Interschools style race courses and training facilities, video review and evaluation sessions, daily dry land and flexibility training, and weekly ski and snowboard race with awards and prizes.
If you have children and are serious about their development, then these are the improvement programmes you should enrol them into!
Spaces are limited, so enquire with us today!
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
Daycare & skiing for children aged 18 months to 5 years
At Star Kids, children are cared for by Silver Star childcare professionals who provide them with indoor and outdoor fun. Also on offer are ski programs for those aged 3 to 5 years.
Daycare Plus is a full day of childcare with a 1 hour private lesson in the morning or afternoon. Rental equipment is provided for free.
Bookings are essential!
Accommodation at Silver Star Mountain
Lord Aberdeen Apartment Hotel – Lead in ‘ski in/ski out’ central village property
This property is perfectly situated right in the heart of Silver Star’s quaint village, therefore giving guests a ski in/ski out location. Whilst a lead in property, guests will be comfortable here in their spacious and cosy accommodations.
Most rooms have a fireplace, and on site there is also a communal hot tub, laundry facility, as well as home to HB Pizza, Long John’s Pub, the Aberdeen Market & Liquor Store, and gift shop.
• 1 bedroom
• 1 bedroom + alcove + hot tub
• 1 bedroom + hot tub
• 2 bedroom regular
• 2 bedroom premium (refurbished in 2011)
• 3 bedroom
Bulldog Hotel – Lead in Lead in ‘ski in/ski out’ central village property
If you are looking for value for money, then this is the place! Recently renovated, this unique property offers up wondrous Bulldog paintings and insignia throughout, which gives it a fun but relaxed feel. Directly in the centre of Silver Stars ski through village, once again offering ski in/ski out access.
Rooms come with their own private bathroom facilities, daily breakfasts (winter time only), there is a communal spa on site, laundry, ski lockers, and for convenience there is the Bulldog Grand Cafe and Allora Wine bar as well.
• Regular Rooms (hotel)
• Studio with kitchenette
• 1 bedroom or 1 bedroom with alcove + kitchenette
• 2 bedroom with kitchenette
Chilcoot Lodge – Moderate ‘ski in/ski out’ central village Hotel and Condo’s
Another great central village location offering up a choice of well maintained, spacious, and modern self contained condos and hotel rooms. The Chilcoot also has available conference and meeting space on site.
Guests have access to free wireless, a communal spa, communal laundry, and ski lockers. All 1 and 2 bedroom condo’s have fireplaces.
• Regular (hotel rooms)
• 1, 2 bedroom condos with full kitchen
Snowbird – Superior ‘ski in/ski out’ central village Condo’s
This beautiful central village property boasts luxury apartments which all featuring high end furnishings and attention to detail. Ski in/ski out location, so just step outside, click in, and ski off!
Snowbird facilities include: fitness centre, theatre, kids play area, lounge with billiards table. Rooms all come with: private hot tubs, laundry facilities and fireplaces (except studios), cable TV, wireless, ski lockers, and fully equipped kitchens.
• 1 bedroom Executive
• 1 bedroom Executive Plus (with den)
• 2 bedroom Executive
• 2 bedroom Executive Plus (with den)
• 2 bedroom Platinum
• 3 bedroom Executive
• 3 bedroom Platinum
Firelight – Superior ‘slope-side’ Condo’s
Situated a short 3-4 minute walk from the central village, the Firelight is Silver Stars newest property. With its contemporary decor, and a sense of seclusion, looking out over the ice skating pond and tube town, Firelight is a triumph in modern design and guest comforts.
Features: All units have access to a shared outdoor hot tub and all season outdoor entertaining area with BBQ grilling area and fire pit. Also, complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the building, and cable TV in each unit, along with great ski access via the Silver Queen Chair. For entertainment and dining there is Pinheads Bowling Alley which is located on the ground floor and has 3 bowling lanes. Here also guests will enjoy the Final Run Bar & Bistro for casual all day dining, and after dark Apres.
• Studio (no laundry)
• Bachelor (with laundry)
• Bachelor with hot tub
• 1 Bedroom (breakfast bar)
• 1 Bedroom Premium (dining table)
• 1 Bedroom Premium (dining table) with hot tub
• 2 Bedroom/1 Bath Premium plus hot tub
• 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Premium
• 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Premium plus hot tub
• 3 Bedroom/2 Bath Premium
• 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Premium plus hot tub
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.