ASPEN MOUNTAIN SKI HOLIDAYS
Standing at the base of Aspen Mountain will leave you in awe of its 3267 ft of vertical rise, the reasons why people flock to this destination are easily understood once you stand face to face with all that’s on offer. With its infamous black-diamond terrain, bumps, steep and deep, and wide open groomed trails, Aspen Mountain offers a tonne of on trial and back country fun for experienced skiers and boarders. Complimented with the allure and beauty of its low rise village boasting renowned shops with designer labels, an extensive array of bars, restaurants, and night spots, and a grand selection of well-appointed accommodations, Aspen is everything you wished it would be, and more!
“Aspen Town is absolutely jammed pack with the most amazing accommodations, shops, bars, clubs and restaurants, and is where to head for an evening of fun filled Apres, and after dark entertainment. Best news of all is that the free transit bus system runs between Snowmass and Aspen Town until around 2am every morning” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski Aspen Mountain
- Vertical feet : With a massive 3267 ft of vertical, this mountain is sure to quench your thirst for steep and deep.
- Snow quantity and quality: Aspen receives an average of 762 cm of dry, fluffy Colorado powder each season.
- Terrain: Aspen Mountain offers 675 acres of on and off trail.
- High quality trail: With no learners terrain, Aspen Mountain boasts an immense selection of on and of piste for the experienced to expert skier and boarder.
- Fly straight there: Fly into Aspen airport ex Los Angeles or San Francisco and within 10 minutes’ drive you are there!
- Easy to get around: With free ski shuttles and inter-village buses, no need for a car here.
- Ski & board more: ‘The Power of Four’ – Enjoy Snowmass, Aspen, Buttermilk, and Highlands as they are all on the one lift pass.
- Scenery: A stunningly beautiful destination, complimented by low rise development which blends into its surrounds.
- Star Watching: Mix with the rich and famous. You never know which celebrity you might sit next to on the chair lift or pass by walking down the street!
- Après Aspen Style: From the sun drenched deck at the gondola base, to the relocatable ‘on trail’ champagne bar on Aspen Mountain – Aspen is a mecca in its own rights when it comes to a vibrant Après scene.
Aspen Mountain Facts & Stats
- Ski Season: November to April
- Base Elevation: 7,945ft / 2,422m
- Summit Elevation: 11,212ft / 3,418m
- Vertical Rise: 3,267ft / 996m
- Terrain: 675 acres / 273 hectares
- Number of Trails: 76
- Miles/km of Trails: 64mi / 103km
- Longest Run: 3mi / 4.83km
- Terrain Difficulty: 0% Easiest, 48% More Difficult, 26% Most Difficult, 26% Expert
- Total Lifts: 8, including 1 Six-Passenger Gondola
- Lift Hours: All lifts open at 9 a.m. and close at 3:30 p.m. except FIS lift which closes at 3:45 p.m.
- Rental/Retail: Four-Mountain Sports/D&E Ski and Snowboard Shop/D&E Women across the street from the Silver Queen Gondola
- On-Mountain Restaurants: 5 total – Sundeck, Bonnie’s, Ajax Tavern, Chair 9 and element 47 at The Little Nell at the base.
Getting to Aspen Mountain
The ski region of Aspen is one of the most accessible Rocky Mountain resorts, with hundreds of nonstop and connecting flights weekly into Aspen, Eagle and Denver airports. Located just three miles from Aspen and six miles from Snowmass Village, Aspen/Pitkin County Airport is the most conveniently located winter resort airport in the world. Approximately 150 nonstop and connecting flights fly weekly into Aspen/Pitkin County Airport. From the airport, it’s only six miles to Snowmass Village, three miles to Aspen. Many lodging properties offer complimentary airport transfers, taxi’s are also available, as is the RFTA buses service from the airport.
GETTING AROUND/BETWEEN MOUNTAIN RESORTS
SKIER AND BOARDER SHUTTLE SERVICE BETWEEN ALL FOUR MOUNTAINS There are free bus services between all four mountains of: Aspen Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk throughout the season. They operate between 8am-4.30pm. ASPEN SNOWMASS VILLAGE SHUTTLE Village Shuttle is a FREE shuttle service to all multi-family residences and activity centres in Snowmass Village. Service from 6:45 am to 12:45 am. For areas within Snowmass not served by the shuttle, use the Dial-a-Ride Service. GETTING AROUND AND BETWEEN ASPEN AND SNOWMASS Aspen Town and Snowmass Village are both located in the Roaring Fork Valley. Here, the Roaring Fork Transit Authority (RFTA) provide an extensive FREE bus service within Aspen Town, up until around 2 a.m. There are also buses which run between Aspen and Snowmass Village up until around 2 a.m for a cost of US$3 (correct change required). Most routes begin and end at Rubey Park on Durant Street in downtown Aspen. Visit www.rfta.com for more information.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
Free Mountain Tours
The Aspen/Snowmass Ambassadors provide phenomenally good ‘free’ mountain tours daily, and on all four mountains! All tours depart from the on-mountain guest service centres at 10:30 a.m, and are only suited to intermediate and up skiers as there is no beginners terrain on Aspen Mountain. This is a great fast track way to get to know the mountain, as well asbeing informed on some of the areas history, what the surrounding peaks are, and loads of interesting information regarding Aspen’s nature and wildlife.
Other Resort Activities
- Backcountry tour
- Shopping in Aspen Town
- Snowcat dinner
- Cross-Country Skiing
- First Tracks
- Naturalist-Guided Ski/Snowboard Tours
- Powder Tours
- Aspen Times Town Race Series
Aspen Ski School and Daycare
Aspen/Snowmass comprises of four amazing mountains with a large amount of varied terrain for all levels of ability. Committed to building your confidence, understanding the terrain, and assisting you in reaching your skiing and boarding aspirations, the Aspen/Snowmass Ski Pro’s are here to help! Choose from either a one on one specialist lesson, or join a small group to advance your ability. IMPORTANT NOTE: Aspen Mountain is not a mountain for beginners or novices as there is no green trail or ability to take learner lessons.
- Aspen Mountain is not a mountain for beginners or novices!
- We strongly recommend you prebook your lessons prior to your departure.
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Ages 5 and 6 Group Lessons For skiers & snowboarders, these programs are for ages 5 and 6 years, and are fondly referred to as GRIZZLIES. Designed for little rippers that are on skis or a snowboard for the first time, as well as those who have been shredding it up for some time, it’s all about fun and safety on the slopes. Pros lead kids through creative drills designed to increase their skills in a fun environment, as well as being taught the Skier Responsibility Code in every lesson. Special events include the Winter Wild Things Native Animal Exploration and race day Programs. Ages 7 and 12 Group Lessons Kids will learn in a supportive and fun environment while developing confidence and life skills, as well as gain a solid understanding of the safety aspects involved with snow sports as the Pros incorporate the Skier Responsibility Code in every lesson. Kids enjoy others of their own age, and create lasting friendships whilst exploring the mountain. Here your child will try new skills, and be exposed to terrain and snow conditions based on appropriate skill development. They can also experience the thrill of the park & pipe and/or race course with an expert coach. For skiers & snowboarders, beginners to experts. Ages 13 and 17 TEEN Group Lessons Here your teen will develop their snow sport skills while having fun with those of the same age. Daily ski or snowboard group lessons, based on ability, can include coaching for park & pipe, big mountain, bumps, carving, racing and freestyle. Teens compete with new friends at such specials events as Lowdown Showdown Park Challenge, School Race Day and NASTAR. Aspen Pros teaching this age group specialize in working with teens. For skiers & snowboarders, beginners to experts. We strongly recommend pre-booking your lessons with AMPED prior to your departure.
INFANTS AND CHILDREN / DAYCARE (LOCATED AT SNOWMASS)
The Treehouse Kids’ Adventure Centre is conveniently located right at the base of Aspen Snowmass Village, and provides is easily accessible from anywhere in Snowmass with parking, free shuttle buses, and ski-in/ski-out access via the Village Express quad chairlift, The Elk Camp Gondola and to the upper village by way of the Sky Cab gondola. Experience As the new hub of ski and snowboard learning, The Treehouse brings the outdoors inside, inviting children to begin their alpine journey through hands-on, interactive activities. Whether nestled in the colourful Butterfly Room, wriggling in the Fox Den, jumping in Trout Haven or crawling through Beaver Lodge, each room’s design is tailored for a specific age group.
Accommodation at Aspen Mountain
THE GANT – Ranging from: Moderate to Luxury Condo’s
Relax in the comfort of an elegant Aspen condominium while enjoying the luxurious services you would expect from a premier Aspen hotel. Among the many amenities guests enjoy are: valet parking, bell service, concierge service, and a perfect combination of a Colorado condominium rental with all the services of a luxury hotel. All of The Gant’s private Aspen accommodations range from either one to four bedroom, and are rated either a standard, deluxe or premier based on their interior décor – regardless of view. • Standard units – Comfortable and cozy condominiums at a reasonable price • Deluxe units – Luxury condominiums with a great deal of décor and decoration • Premier units – Our most luxurious Aspen, Colorado accommodations boasting sumptuous furnishings and incomparable style
THE LIMELIGHT HOTEL – Luxury Hotel
Nestled just steps away from Aspen Mountain and just beside Wagner Park, the Limelight is located within walking distance to all of Aspen’s renowned landmarks, restaurants and hotspots. No need for vehicles as this property offers complimentary transportation to and from the Aspen Airport, as well as through town. With its fresh, contemporary design, a relaxed atmosphere and an eager-to-serve staff, the Limelight is an ideal spot to start and end your day. Guest rooms are spacious and airy, featuring high ceilings, marble and granite finishes, and generous windows that open to the fresh mountain air. Balconies with stunning mountain views will immerse you into the Aspen landscape.
NORTH OF NELL – Premier Condos
No other accommodation in Aspen sits closer to the base of Aspen Mountain and the gondola than North of Nell! These beautifully appointed condominiums are right in the heart of downtown Aspen’s shopping and dining district, and just steps to the gondola taking you to the top of Aspen Mountain. Surprisingly affordable, these condominiums offer the warmth and convenience of a home with the services and amenities of a fine hotel including: underground parking, daily maid service, laundry on every floor, complimentary wireless Internet service, and fitness facilities. The North of Nell at Aspen Mountain offers one, two, three, four, and five bedroom condominiums in standard, deluxe, and premier categories. While each of our condominiums is unique and individually decorated, units are generally categorized by furnishings and appointments. Our three-tiered rate structure, standard, deluxe, and Premier, ensures there is a unit to fit every budget.
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS * IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.