ASPEN SNOWMASS SKI HOLIDAYS
Aspen Snowmass Ski Resort, with its newly built village, is situated right at the base of a glorious Colorado mountain setting, Aspen Snowmass comprises of a massive 3,362 acres of terrain, the most vertical drop in the U.S.A. at 4406 ft. and 94 named trails. Thus making the enormity of this beautiful mountain appear endless upon first glance.
Guests of Aspen Snowmass will be spoilt for choice between wide open groomed runs, glades, steeps, terrain parks and half pipes, this family friendly ski destination is a snow lover’s paradise! Furthermore, the most staggering news is that Aspen Snowmass is surprisingly an incredibly affordable destination for all!
With access to all four mountains on your Aspen/Snowmass ski lift pass, you will have free rein in Buttermilk, Aspen Highlands, Aspen Snowmass and Aspen Mountain. Never has a destination been so easy, with free bus services between all mountains, all of which will be no more than a 10-15 minutes’ drive from your doorstep.
“Aspen Snowmass is where you will spend most of your time as this in my opinion is the best Mountain in the region with its expansive terrain, ski in ski out accommodations, epic terrain parks and super bowl, beautiful gladed areas, wide open groomers, and gnarly double blacks and backcountry, you are spoilt for choice! Definitely catch the snowcat dinner one evening, its a tonne of fun!” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski Snowmass
- Top Ski Resort: Snowmass has long been rated one of the best family ski area resorts in North America.
- Snow quantity: Aspen receives an average of 762 cm of snow each season.
- Snow quality: Aspen Snowmass boasts dry, fluffy Colorado powder.
- Vertical: The most vertical in the U.S.A. at 1,343 m!
- Terrain: Massive amounts of terrain stretching over 3,362 acres
- Long runs: Snowmass’s longest run is a whopping 8.5 km long!
- Easy to get around: With free ski shuttles and inter-village buses, enjoy the comforts and affordability of Snowmass, but also enjoy the accessibility to Aspen Towns restaurants and vibrant Apres Ski culture, by way of regular and free bus shuttles running up until the wee hours of the morning!
- Affordable: Despite having ‘Aspen’ in its name, Aspen Snowmass has to be one of the most affordable Colorado destinations and one which should not be overlooked. Also, enjoy all 4 mountain resorts of Snowmass, Aspen, Buttermilk and Highlands on the one pass, offering amazing value for money!
- Scenery: A stunningly beautiful destination, complimented by low rise development which blends into its surrounds.
- Family Friendly: A stunningly beautiful destination, complimented by low rise development which blends into its surrounds.
Snowmass Facts & Stats
- Winter Season Dates: November 24, 2016 – April 16, 2017
- Base elevation: 8,104 ft./2,473 m
- Summit elevation: 12,510 ft./3,813 m
- Vertical rise: 4,406 ft./1,343 m – THE MOST VERTICAL IN U.S.A.
- Terrain: 3,362 acres/1,360 hectares
- Number of trails: 94
- Miles/km of trails: 150 miles/241 km
- Longest run: 5.3 miles/8.5 km
- Types of trails: easiest: 6%, more difficult: 50%, most difficult: 12%, expert: 32%
- Lifts: 21 in total
- Lift hours: The Sky Cab opens at 8 am; the Cirque lift opens at 10 am; the Village Express and Big Burn lifts open at 8:30 am; all other lifts open at 9 am. Most lifts close at 3:30 p.m., weather permitting.
- On-Mountain Restaurants: 7 total: Elk Camp, Gwyn’s High Alpine, Lynn Britt Cabin (lunches and snowcat dinner rides), Sam’s Smokehouse, Two Creeks Cafe, Ullrhof and Up 4 Pizza.
Snowmass Facts & Stats
Getting to Snowmass
The ski region of Aspen is one of the most accessible Rocky Mountain resorts, with hundreds of nonstop and connecting flights weekly into Aspen, Eagle and Denver airports.
Located just three miles from Aspen and six miles from Snowmass Village, Aspen/Pitkin County Airport is the most conveniently located winter resort airport in the world.
Approximately 150 nonstop and connecting flights fly weekly into Aspen/Pitkin County Airport. From the airport, it’s only six miles to Snowmass Village, three miles to Aspen. Many lodging properties offer complimentary airport transfers, taxi’s are also available, as is the RFTA buses service from the airport.
GETTING AROUND/BETWEEN MOUNTAIN RESORTS
SKIER AND BOARDER SHUTTLE SERVICE BETWEEN ALL FOUR MOUNTAINS
There are free bus services between all four mountains of: Aspen Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk throughout the season. They operate between 8am-4.30pm.
ASPEN SNOWMASS VILLAGE SHUTTLE
The Aspen Snowmass Village Shuttle is a FREE bus service to slope side residences and activity centres in Snowmass Village. These service run from 6:45 am-12:45 am. For areas within Snowmass not served by the shuttle use the Dial-a-Ride Service.
GETTING AROUND AND BETWEEN ASPEN AND SNOWMASS
Aspen Town and Snowmass Village are both located in the Roaring Fork Valley. Here, the Roaring Fork Transit Authority (RFTA) provide an extensive FREE bus service within Aspen Town, up until around 2 a.m.
There are also buses which run between Aspen and Snowmass Village up until around 2 a.m for a cost of US$3 (correct change required). Most routes begin and end at Rubey Park on Durant Street in downtown Aspen. Visit www.rfta.com for more information.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
FREE MOUNTAIN TOURS/SKI HOSTS
The Aspen/Snowmass Ambassadors provide phenomenally good ‘free’ mountain tours daily, which are offered on all four mountains!
All tours depart from the on-mountain guest service centres at 10:30 a.m, and are only suited to intermediate and up skiers as there is no beginners terrain on Aspen Mountain. This is a great fast track way to get to know the mountain, as well asbeing informed on some of the areas history, what the surrounding peaks are, and loads of interesting information regarding Aspen’s nature and wildlife.
Other Mountain Activities
- Back-country tour
- Shopping in Aspen Town
- Snow-cat dinner
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Recreational Center: Rock Climbing, Ice Skating
- Art Museum
- First Tracks
- Naturalist-Guided Ski/Snowboard Tours
- Powder Tours
- Aspen Times Town Race Series
Snowmass Ski School and Daycare
Aspen/Snowmass comprises of four amazing mountains with a large amount of varied terrain for all levels of ability. Committed to building your confidence, understanding the terrain, and assisting you in reaching your skiing and boarding aspirations, the Aspen/Snowmass Ski Pro’s are here to help!
Choose from either a one on one specialist lesson, or join a small group to advance your ability.
- Aspen Mountain is not a mountain for beginners or novices!
- We strongly recommend you prebook your lessons prior to your departure.
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Ages 5 and 6 Group Lessons
For skiers & snowboarders, these programs are for ages 5 and 6 years, and are fondly referred to as GRIZZLIES.
Designed for little rippers that are on skis or a snowboard for the first time, as well as those who have been shredding it up for some time, it’s all about fun and safety on the slopes. Pros lead kids through creative drills designed to increase their skills in a fun environment, as well as being taught the Skier Responsibility Code in every lesson. Special events include the Winter Wild Things Native Animal Exploration and race day Programs.
Ages 7 and 12 Group Lessons
Kids will learn in a supportive and fun environment while developing confidence and life skills, as well as gain a solid understanding of the safety aspects involved with snow sports as the Pros incorporate the Skier Responsibility Code in every lesson. Kids enjoy others of their own age, and create lasting friendships whilst exploring the mountain. Here your child will try new skills, and be exposed to terrain and snow conditions based on appropriate skill development. They can also experience the thrill of the park & pipe and/or race course with an expert coach. For skiers & snowboarders, beginners to experts.
Ages 13 and 17 TEEN Group Lessons
Here your teen will develop their snow sport skills while having fun with those of the same age. Daily ski or snowboard group lessons, based on ability, can include coaching for park & pipe, big mountain, bumps, carving, racing and freestyle. Teens compete with new friends at such specials events as Lowdown Showdown Park Challenge, School Race Day and NASTAR. Aspen Pros teaching this age group specialize in working with teens. For skiers & snowboarders, beginners to experts.
INFANTS AND CHILDREN / DAYCARE (LOCATED AT SNOWMASS)
The Treehouse Kids’ Adventure Centre is conveniently located right at the base of Aspen Snowmass Village, and provides is easily accessible from anywhere in Snowmass with parking, free shuttle buses, and ski-in/ski-out access via the Village Express quad chairlift, The Elk Camp Gondola and to the upper village by way of the Sky Cab gondola.
As the new hub of ski and snowboard learning, The Treehouse brings the outdoors inside, inviting children to begin their alpine journey through hands-on, interactive activities. Whether nestled in the colourful Butterfly Room, wriggling in the Fox Den, jumping in Trout Haven or crawling through Beaver Lodge, each room’s design is tailored for a specific age group.
Accommodation at Snowmass
LAURELWOOD – Moderate/Lead-in ‘slope side’ property
Conveniently located ski slope, Laurelwood Studios are just steps from the Snowmass Ski School and the base village mall.
This beautiful property, with its premier ski-in/ski-out location, features beautiful landscaping and a massive 24-person, two-tier hot tub. Offering 52 spacious studio units, the Laurelwood Studios presents ideal Snowmass lodging for a couple or small family looking for condominium amenities with ski-in/ski-out convenience. On site laundry facilities, and complimentary Aspen Airport transfers available to guests.
• Deluxe units – Extremely comfortable and cosy self contained condominiums at a reasonable price
• Premier units – Newly decorated, offering a slightly fresher decor
TAMARACK TOWNHOUSES – Moderate property, across road from base village
Located at the base of Fanny Hill on the Village Shuttle line and adjacent to the new Base Village, Tamarack Townhouses provide one of the best values among Aspen-Snowmass holiday accommodation.
These two-story town homes feature an open kitchen and living room area with gas fireplace, spacious master suite with fireplace, large deck and private ground floor entrance. Also, an on site heated swimming pool and communal hot tub for use, and complimentary Aspen Airport shuttles are also available to guests.
• Silver Grade Condominiums: 2, 3, 4 bedrooms
• Gold Grade Condominiums: 2, 3, 4 bedrooms
TIMBERLINE – Deluxe Condos
The Timberline Condominiums feature beautifully appointed, private slope-side condominium suites.
Here you will enjoy the spacious comfort of a private residence and amenities to ensure your stay is nothing but unforgettable. With its ski in/ski out location, the Timberline is a very popular lodging spot for skiers and boarders alike.
Guests will also enjoy the convenience of and on site restaurant/bar, and a new slope slide spa and heated pool area, fitness’s centre, steam rooms, Wifi, communal laundry, slope-side lockers, as well as complimentary airport and village shuttle.
• Studios / studio lofts
• One bedroom / one-bedroom loft
• Two bedroom / two bedroom loft
• Three bedroom
WESTIN SNOWMASS RESORT – Premier Hotel
Located in the centre of Snowmass Village, the Westin Snowmass Resort offers the best of both worlds with convenient ski-in/ski-out access to Snowmass Mountain and all of the cultural amenities of the Aspen/Snowmass area.
All rooms are decked out with The Westins signature ‘Westin Heavenly’ beds. Room choices range from hotel rooms through to one bedrooms. Views are gauged on price category. Hotel amenities include: on site restaurant, ski concierge, the Westin Kids Club, a full service spa, fitness centre, and wine bar.
• Hotel Rooms (with and without views)
• One Bedroom Suites
THE CRESTWOOD – Moderate to Premium ‘slope side’ property
The Crestwood is a renowned condominium lodging establishment located on the slopes in Snowmass Village. This vast property provides guests with preeminent access to the world-class offerings of Aspen/Snowmass.
The Crestwood prides itself on the best service personnel and widest range of services offered by a condominium hotel in the Aspen/Snowmass resort area with a fully equipped kitchen, TV with DVD player in the living room and private balcony with BBQ grill in each condo. A recent US$15 million renovation includes a new pool, three new jacuzzis and an on-site Ski Concierge service where guests can rent/store/tune their skis right on the property.
• Standard and Deluxe units
• Premier units
CAPITOL PEAK LODGE – Moderate ‘slope side’ property
Capitol Peak Lodge is located slope side, with ski in/ski out convenience and within the Base Village vitality of shops and restaurants, perfect for that après ski relaxation. Onsite recreational facilities include a fitness center, two hot tubs, pool table and ski locker rooms.
Amenities include full-service concierge, ski lockers, transportation within Snowmass Village, heated parking garage, high-speed wifi, energy-efficient washer/dryers and daily housekeeping service. Guests also receive complimentary access to the Snowmass Club, complete with four pools, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, spa services and fitness classes.
• Studio – one, two, three bedroom
• Premier units
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.