BRECKENRIDGE SKI HOLIDAYS
Set amidst one of the most historical gold mining towns in the US, Breckenridge ski resort is a favourite for many when it comes to Colorado state, and its popularity among skiers and boarder alike. The balance here of mountain vs town is what makes Breckenridge quite unique. Whilst this quaint and rustic town is not directly set at the base of the mountain, it is only a 10 minute walk at most. But with the expanse of the falling snow, literally you could ski from the top of the mountain right down into the famous Gold Pan bar mid town, if you felt the urge. Free resort shuttles run frequently around the resort for convenience, and accessing neighbouring resorts is also catered to. Breckenridge has an expansive amount of terrain spreading over four mountain peaks, and this area really does have something for absolutely everyone. Offering over 2300 acres of on trail, five terrain parks, two half pipes, and eight bowls all extending along its front face, Breckenridge can be as relaxed or extreme as you want it to be. Another first class family friendly resort, Breckenridge is a safe and enjoyable destination to bring your young ones, offering a top notch snow school with specialist on snow learning and development programmes – Breckenridge is a great place to learn or tune ones skills on the snow.
‘Breckenridge is fun with a capital F in my books. From the highest chair in North America, to 5 expansive peaks to sample, its an epic resort. Totally family-a-fied, and if you’ve got any park rats amongst your group then Breckenridge marks the spot for sure. Breckenridge is the perfect spot also if you have someone in your group who doesn’t ski or board, as there are plenty of things to see and do here, afterall Breckenridge was a mining town before it was a ski resort’
10 Top Reasons to
- Easy to get to: Conveniently located only a 2 hour leisurely drive from Denver
- Hassel free: With free town and optional inter-resort scheduled shuttles, Breckenridge is an easy destination to get around.
- Snowfall: Breckenridge receives an average of 950 cm’s of powder each year!
- Terrain: Extensive terrain stretched across 4 mountainous peaks offering up everything from learner to the expert.
- Cost: Accommodations range from Hotel through to 4 star luxury condo, so affordable for any budget.
- Après: voted #6 for Après by ski magazine in 2012, Breckenridge has on offer more than 30 clubs, bars and restaurants to choose from.
- Ski multiple resorts: Being included on the Vail Resorts Summit and Epic pass – make the most of nearby resorts which include: Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Vail and Beaver Creek, as well as Breckenridge.
- Terrain Parks: Renowned for its terrain activity, Breckenridge has 2 phenomenal terrain parks and was recently voted #3 park by Ski Magazine.
- Family Friendly: A great destination for families providing access to professional day care services and snow school.
- So much to do: Breckenridge has something for everyone, and offers: a games arcade; recreation centre offering climbing walls, basketball, tennis, indoor pool and slide; ice skating rink; outdoor Alpine coaster, day spas, Historical tours, Museums, Movie Theatre, the list is extensive.
Breckenridge Facts & Stats
- Base Elevation: 9,600ft / 2,926m
- Summit Elevation: 12,998ft / 3,963m
- Vertical Rise: 3,398ft / 1,036m
- Lifts: 34 Total
- Lift Capacity: 46,800 people/hour
- Total Ski/Ride Terrain: 2908 acres / 1,177 hectares
- Groomed Daily: 600 acres / 241 hectares (29% of total terrain)
- Bowls: 1,061 acres / 429 hectares
- Terrain Parks: 35 acres / 14 hectares
- Snowmaking: 657 acres / 266 hectares
- Number of Trails: 187
- Longest Trail: Four O’Clock – 3.5mi / 5.6 km
- Average snowfall: 374in / 950cm
- Operating Since: December 16, 1961
Getting to Breckenridge
Location: Breckenridge is located just two hours drive from the Denver International Airport with easy access from I-70.
By Air: From Denver International Airport (DEN) – Breckenridge is 104 miles (166km) from Denver International Airport. From Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) – Breckenridge is approximately 63 miles (102km) from Eagle Airport.
- Daily direct flights from all over the USA into Denver.
- International connections are available ex Australia and New Zealand through Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Scheduled resort shuttles transfer guests from Denver.
- Private airport vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost.
- Private inter ski resort shuttles are also available.
Around town: The Free Ride shuttle offers routes through Breckenridge connecting the resort’s base areas and free parking lots. The shuttle also runs the perimeter of town, stops at the Ice Rink, City Market, Recreation Centre, Village and Four O’ Clock Roads, Columbine and Broken Lance Drive and Peak 9.
Travelling to Nearby Towns and Resorts: FREE In-County Transportation. The Summit Stage connects Breckenridge with the neighbouring resorts of Keystone and Copper Mountain as well as the towns of Silverthorne, Frisco and Dillon. This free service runs continually from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM year-round.
By Car: Driving anywhere in Colorado is pretty easy, and they seem to plough the roads efficiently. Whilst a car in Breckenridge is not required, if you plan to trip around and make the most of your Vail Resorts Lift pass, then a car would be good to have.
Free Mountain Tours
These free two hour mountain tours operate daily during the winter season, and depart at 10am from the base of the Colorado Super Chair on Peak 8, and the base of the Beaver Run Super Chair on Peak 9. Tours are open to skiers and snowboarders with intermediate ability and above.
Other Resort Activities
- Backcountry Tours
- Nordic Sleigh Rides
- Ice Skating
- Recreation center (indoor pool & slide, basket ball, tennis, climbing walls etc)
- Day Spa
- Dog Sledding
- Mine Tours
- Guided Ranger Tour
- 32 km of Cross Country Skiing
- Sleigh Rides
- Haunted Tours of Breckenridge
- Ceramics Studio
Breckenridge Ski School and Daycare
Private Lessons – Fast track your progression with either a ½ day or full day private lesson, available to you and up to 5 friends. Video analysis is available.
Ultimate Four ‘Small Group Lessons’ (semi private) – Enjoy a full day lesson grouped with a maximum of 4 other comparable levelled skiers or boarders. Here you’ll meet some new friends, polish your skills, discover Breckenridge’s terrain, and receive some individual feedback.
First Time Discover (3 days) – Enjoy a 3 day learners experience to include a beginners lift pass, 3 days of lessons, and rental equipment to get you started. Progression in these lessons is a sure way to build up confidence and fast track your snow-sport skills.
Group Lessons – Groups will be catered to either beginner and novice, or intermediate and advanced skilled skiers/boarders. Here you will fast track your skills in a group environment by combing drills and exercises set down by the pro, whilst enjoying some fantastic mountain trails lead by an in the know snow Pro!\
Telemarking – Learn to Telemark and experience a new prospective to skiing! Available on Saturdays.
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
At Breckenridge their programs are on the cutting edge of the educational technique for kids, where their focus on learning through adventure, inspiring a passion for the sport, and offering a positive, successful introduction for first-timers is paramount.
Lessons available range from:
· Ultimate Four (small group – max 4)
· Private Lessons
· Group Lessons
INFANTS AND CHILDREN / DAYCARE
Breckenridge offers a range of professional day care services for children from 8 weeks to 5 years of age. Reservations are required to avoid disappointment and all enquiries are to be made directly with the centre.
Peak 8 Child Care Centre
Located at the Peak 8 base area behind the top Gondola terminal. The centre has four classrooms for children ages 8 weeks to 5 years old.
The Village Child Care Centre
Located in the Village Plaza near the Quicksilver chairlift. The centre has three classrooms for children ages 8 weeks to 5 years old.
Beaver Run Child Care Centre
Located next to Beaver Run Resort and the Beaver Run Super chair. The centre has two classrooms for infants and toddlers ages 8 weeks to 3 years old.
Accommodation at Breckenridge
River Mountain Lodge – Lead in property, short walk to slopes
The River Mountain Lodge provides the convenience and comforts of a self contained condominium, along with on site hotel amenities.
Located across the road from the 4 O’clock run, you are just one block from Main Street, and a short ride to either the gondola or Peak 9 base. In house guests have access to: underground parking, fitness centre, outdoor heated pool and hot tubs, and complimentary Wi-fi.
• Studio Units
• 1, 2 bedroom Condos
The Village at Breckenridge Resort is a ski-in/ski-out property located right at the base of Peak 9, close to boutique shops and award-winning restaurants along Main Street in the historic downtown area.
Each spacious suite is comfortable and relaxing. Suites, which range in size from studios to four-bedroom units, feature full kitchens, breakfast bars and dining areas, sleeper sofas, satellite television and complimentary wireless Internet access. On-site amenities include concierge service, four outdoor hot tubs, indoor/outdoor pool and complimentary shuttle around town.
• Studio Units
• 1, 2, 3, 4, bedroom Condos
Beaver Run – moderate to deluxe (room dependant) ‘slope side’ property ‘ski in/ski out’
Featuring 515 slope-side guest rooms and as a full service hotel, Beaver Run offers a prime slope side location.
All condo’s are privately owned, so décor and furnishing do vary from room to room.
World class amenities include: ski in/ski out location, heated indoor and outdoor pools, free Wi-Fi for guests, resort restaurants, bar, and café, on site Spa, equipment rental and storage, and covered guest parking.
• Hotel Rooms
• 1, 2 bedroom condos and executive speciality Suites
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.