TELLURIDE SKI HOLIDAYS
Telluride’s charm is one of old west meets new, and offers clients a place where they can literally soar through the mountain resort, and stroll everywhere else!
Set amid the highest concentration of 14,000 foot peaks in Colorado, the sheer beauty of this mountain resort and its surroundings are unmistakeable. With its colourful Victorian architecture and remnants of the mining boom, complimented with a myriad of luxurious amenities and accommodations, Telluride ticks all the boxes in every way possible.
Aside from its beauty Telluride also boasts world class terrain, 300 inches of snow, and 300 sunshine days a year. Furthermore, with over 2000 skiable acres to include expert chutes, 13320 foot peak, off piste runs, above-treeline bowls, challenging moguls, four freestyle terrain parks, rolling groomers, Telluride has terrain suitable for every level.
“I thought I had seen all that Colorado had to offer until I ventured down south and discovered the secluded ski town of Telluride. This resort is absolutely mind blowing and has some real unique qualities to it, thus its authentic wild west town, home of Butch Cassidy’s first bank robbery, which contrasts beautifully with its luxuriously modern ‘on mountain’ ski in/ski out village. Forget the crowds as even during the busiest of times it just feels like no one is here. Rich in mining history I’d recommend that you take a walking tour with Ashley where he will fill you in on everything you need to know about Telluride. On mountain take the highest chair to explore the See Forever trail, drop out the back into Revelation Bowl for some adrenaline, and reward yourself with a glass of champers at Alpino Vino on your way through” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski Telluride
- World Renown Resort: Ranked as one of the top ten ski resorts in North America
- Weather: Colorado boasts 300 sunshine days a year
- Snow quality & quantity: Receives 300+ inches of deep dry powder each year
- Connect straight through: With flight options into either Telluride or Montrose, its easy to fly straight through in one day
- Luxury Galore: Telluride is a resort of opulence and pure ski resort luxury
- Terrain: 2,000+ acres of varied terrain geared for all levels, including several terrain parks
- Feel the burn: Their longest run ‘Galloping Goose’ is 7.4 km’s long!
- Family Specialists: Telluride well caters to families, with a Nursery taking from babies from the age of 2 months, and lots of beginner terrain
- For the non-skier: Extensive ‘off’ snow activities here at Telluride
- Colorado Rockies at its best: Set among Colorado’s highest peaks, Telluride is absolutely breathtaking in its surrounds
Telluride Facts & Stats
- Skiable Terrain: 2,000+ acres / 810+ hectares
- Longest Run: 4.6mi / 7.4km (Galloping Goose)
- Total Trails: 148
- Trail Difficulty: 23% Beginner, 36% Intermediate, 41% Advanced/Expert
- Total Lifts: 17 including 2 High-Speed Gondolas, 5 High-Speed Quads, 1 Fixed Quad, 2 Triples, 2 Doubles, 2 Surface Lifts and 3 Magic Carpets
- Vertical Drop: 4,425ft / 1,349m
- Lift-Serviced Vertical Drop: 3,790ft / 1,155m
- Base Elevation: 8,725ft / 2,659m
- Lift-Serviced Elevation: 12,515ft / 3,815m
- Maximum Elevation: 13,150ft / 4,008m
- Lift Capacity: 22,386+ skiers p/hr
- Average Annual Snowfall: 280in / 711cm
- Ski Season: Late November to Early April
Getting to Telluride
Telluride is located in the southern part of Colorado, and just 5.5 mile from its airport to the Resort (15 minutes), or 1 hour 30 from Montrose Airport.
Same day connections ex NZ and Australia are available, dependent however on your international flight arrival time into the US.
Private vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost from both Telluride and Montrose Airports.
Rental cars are available, although a rental car is total unnecessary during your stay at Telluride, unless you plan on visiting a few of the surrounding resorts.
Scheduled resort shuttles transfer guests to Telluride.
Everything is walk-able in Telluride, this is honestly one of the easiest resorts you could come to. There is a gondola servicing mountain access, as well as the bottom town of Telluride.
This area is however easy to explore, so highly recommended for a day would be to hire a rental car from Telluride airport and drive out to Ouray for some ice climbing, and discover some beautiful countryside and neighbouring mountain villages.
Telluride Ski School and Daycare
Big White are real specialists when it comes to teaching snow-sports. With their unique \’fast track\’ formula to get you up and skiing faster, progression is the thing you will notice the most here whilst under the careful guidance of Big White\’s Ski Pros.
Furthermore, Big White offer exciting programs and activities for skiers and boarders of all ages and abilities.
Ski Services available range from:
- Private Lessons
- Small Group Lessons
- Beginners programmes
- First Tracks
- Adaptive Ski
- Beginners Programs
- Specalist Camps
- Mom, Dad, and me are skiing
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Big White offers kid-friendly, purpose built terrain, which includes the designated learners area of \’Happy Valley\’.
With the philosophy of \’having fun\’ on the snow being the priority here, learning comes easy for youngsters who attend programs and lessons with the Big White Pros. There are a wide variety of kid orientated ski school programs for all ages suited, and range from 1/2 day to full day options including lunch, age dependent.
Kids are accepted into ski lessons from the age of 4, and into snowboard lessons from age 7.
Ski Services Available range from:
- Group lessons
- Ski Cubs, 4-6 yrs – 1/2 and full day available
- Snow Riders, 7-12 yrs – 1/2 and full day available
- Mum, Dad & Me, 4-6, child & parent – This is a semi private 2 hour lesson which is great for beginners that also introduces parents to tips and tricks on how to teach their children whilst making it fun and exciting. Parents needs to be of an intermediate skiing ability. * may not run every day, pre-booking is advised.
- Freestyle – Big White run many freestyle sessions and camps to challenge your child and take their freestyle abilities to the next level.
- Private lessons
- Specialty clinics
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
Friday and Saturday night child care for children 4 and up, who are potty trained.
Little Adventures Children’s Centre welcomes kids 6 weeks to 6 years of age. A state licensed child care facility providing fun, age-appropriate activities. Their unique location allows us to include a Gondola ride up the mountain to a sledding hill.
AFTER DARK PROGRAM
Big White offer nightly \’after dark\’ kids programs. Spaces are limited so pre-booking at the Kids Centre before 3pm is essential. Activities range from dinner & tubing, hot chocolate & ice skating, activity nights, board games, etc.
This is a fantastic way for children to meet some new friends, and for parents to enjoy an evening out, kid free, to sample one of Big Whites fantastic restaurants, or night spots, around the resort!
Accommodation at Telluride
MOUNTAIN LODGE – ‘Ski in/ski out’ Hotel/Condos located slopeside ranging from Moderate to Deluxe Rooms
The Mountain Lodge in Telluride occupies a prime slope-side location between the Village Bypass and Double Cabins Ski Runs. This ski-in/ski-out property blends the virtue of a great American log home with the indulgences of a grand resort hotel. Each of its 130 units are decorated in a warm and relaxed rustic style and feature fireplaces, kitchens, jetted tubs, private balconies/courtyards, deluxe sofas and HD TV’s with Direct TV. Situated a short five minute walk to gondola, Mountain Lodge is located in a quiet part of the upper village, and boasts a magnificent outdoor pool and spa.
Room categories range from:
- Lead in Lodge Rooms
- Junior Suites
- 1, 2, 3 bedroom Condos
- Mountain Cabins
HOTEL COLUMBIA – Highly Acclaimed Luxury Hotel in Telluride, ‘ski in/ski out’
Perfectly located next to the town gondola in the historic town of Telluride and offering scenic views up the mountain and along San Miguel River, Hotel Columbia is a pivotal point of simplistic boutique luxury.
This stunning property is also the location of the highly sort after Cosmopolitan Restaurant. Enjoy a romantic dinner, or something a little more casual with their happy hour which features half-priced sushi, shrimp, and calamari as well as their signature Cosmopolitan cocktails.
Accommodation options include:
- Hotel Guest Rooms
- 1 bedroom Suites
- 2,3 bedroom Penthouses
NOTE: Some rooms at this property do offer private hot tubs, rates include a complimentary hot European breakfast
INN AT LOST CREEK – Luxury Mountain Village Accommodation Ski in/Ski Out
Another stunning slope-side property located in Telluride’s picturesque Mountain Village, the Inn at Lost Creek is the perfect choice for authentic mountain architecture and genuine western hospitality.
With just 29 suites and 3 studios, Inn at Lost Creek will feel like a private hideaway. Every suite is unique from the timbers, stone, furnishings, and complimented with one of a kind art pieces. In suite comforts include: petite kitchen, Juliet balcony, in-room laundry, jetted tub and steam shower (suites & condos), and all suites include a fireplace.
Rooms on offer are:
- Junior Suite (kitchenette)
- 1 bedroom Suite (kitchenette)
- 1, 2 bedroom condos (full kitchens)
- Studio (kitchenette)
There is a restaurant and bar, ski valet and 2 roof top hot tubs with fantastic views of the mountain ranges.
HOTEL MADELINE – Luxury Mountain Village Accommodation Ski in/Ski Out
This is a beautiful 4 year old 4 star property located within the Mountain Village, and is a ski in/ski out location to a learner run, or just a 100 m walk to the pedestrian village to the major lifts.
Rooms on offer are:
- Standard hotel rooms
- Deluxe (larger) hotel rooms
- Junior suites
- 1, 2, 3 bedroom condos
There is a restaurant, 2 bars, public sitting room, spa, fitness room, communal pool, and hot tub with fantastic views of the mountain ranges.
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.