VAIL SKI HOLIDAYS
Colorado, USA boasts 300 sunshine days a year! Top that with a skiing holiday to ‘Vail’, the largest single mountain resort which continually claims the title of No 1 Ski Resort in North America, and you have a guaranteed good time!
Vail’s hard earnt reputation is based on the fact that this ski resort really is a ‘hard to beat’ ski destination. Offering over 5200 acres, which has to be some of the most diverse terrain around includes: 193 marked skiing trails on three faces – the front side, the back bowls, and Blue Sky Basin. Thus tallying up to: 7 easily accessible bowls in total; 32 lifts and 2 gondolas; an average of 930 cm’s of snow; 3 village bases; 3 terrain parks; a Nastar public race course; 2 ice skating rinks; shopping galore; on mountain dining options; luxurious accommodations; and a fine selection of village restaurants and bars.
Vail Ski Resort is a ‘mecca’ for everything ski and après!
10 Top Reasons to
- No.1 Ski Resort in North America: As voted yearly by Ski Magazine readers
- Vail is Unique: Experience the largest single mountain ski resort in USA – Created with a unique Bavarian/European architectural flavour!
- World famous terrain: Vail’s renowned worldwide for its 7 back bowls and Blue Sky Basin access.
- Massive Terrain: Vail Ski Resort spans over 5200 skiable acres and 193 named runs
- Consistent snowfall: Vail Ski resort receives just under 10 meters/366 inches of dry Colorado powder each year
- Easy to get to: Located just 2 hours’ drive from Denver, or 30 minutes from Eagle.
- Easy to get around: Vail offers free scheduled township shuttles which transfer guests regularly around the Vail resort area
- Ski multiple resorts: Make the most of nearby resorts which include Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Beaver Creek, and Breckenridge, included on the Vail Summit and Epic Passes.
- So much to do: Vail offers an extensive array off snow activities as well as world class dining, a multitude of shopping, a grand selection of bars and clubs, and Après like you have never seen before!
- Family Friendly: Vail is a great destination for families providing access to professional day care services and snow school.
Vale Facts & Stats
- Total Skiable Area: 5,289 acres / 2,140 hectares
- Base Elevation: 8,120ft / 2,476m
- Peak Elevation: 11,570ft / 3,527m
- Vertical Rise: 3,450ft / 1,052m
- Average Snowfall: 354in / 899cm
- Terrain Difficulty: 18% Beginner, 29% Intermediate, 53% Advanced
- Conventional Trails: 195
- Longest Run: 4mi / 6.4km (Riva Ridge)
- Total Number of Lifts: 31
- Terrain Parks: 2 (1 Super-Pipe)
Getting to Vail
Vail is 2 hours drive from Denver International Airport, and 30 minutes from Eagle County domestic airport.
- Daily direct flights from all over the USA into Denver.
- International connections are available ex Australia and New Zealand through Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Scheduled resort shuttles transfer guests from Denver or Eagle airports.
- Private airport vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost.
- Private inter ski resort shuttles are also available.
Around town: There are free shuttles which run regularly between the eastern side of Vail Village and the western end of Vail Square/Lionshead.
Traveling to Nearby Towns and Resorts:
Beaver Creek: There is a daily shuttle transfer (fee approx US$5) running between Vail and Beaver Creek on a daily basis during the winter months.
Private car/Taxi: There are private cars, limousines, and taxi services which are available to you at a fee and will take you to where ever you wish to go.
By Car: Driving anywhere in Colorado is pretty easy, and they seem to plough the roads efficiently. Whilst a car in Vail is not required, if you plan to trip around and make the most of your Vail Resorts Lift pass by visiting other resorts included on this pass, then a car would be great to have.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
FREE MOUNTAIN TOURS/SKI HOSTS
During the winter season complimentary tours of Vail Mountain are available for any intermediate level skiers or boarders.
General Mountain Tours leaves from the Le Grand Rouge Coffee house at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola, and from the top of the Vista Bahn at the Mid Vail Ski School desk each morning at 10:30 am sharp.
The Blue Sky Tour starts at 11.00am from Henry’s Hut located at the top of Chair 4.
50+ Specific tree tours depart from Eagles Nest at 9.30am on a Monday.
Note: Days and times may vary from year to year, so check on www.vail.com for definite times and days.
Other Resort Activities
- Backcountry Tours
- Snowshoeing and Moonlight Snowshoe Tours
- Nordic Sleigh Rides
- Ice Skating
- Day Spa’s
- Dog Sledding
- Nordic/Cross Country Skiing
- Sleigh Rides
- Snow tubing
- Ski biking
- Children’s snowmobiling
- Bungee Trampoline
- Backcountry Skiing tours
Vail Ski School and Daycare
Choose from individual adult ski and snow boarding lessons, or fun group lessons, Vail Ski School is the place to go to fast track your skiing/boarding abilities.
Private Lessons – Fast track your progression with a ½ day or full day private lesson
Ultimate Four ‘Small Group Lessons’ (semi private) – A full day lesson grouped with a maximum of four similar leveled skiers or boarders.
First Time Discover (3 days) – Enjoy a 3 day learners experience. Progression in these lessons builds up confidence and fast tracks ski/boarding skills.
Group Lessons – Groups will be catered to either beginner and novice, or intermediate and advanced skilled skiers/boarders. Here you will fast track your skills in a group environment by combing drills and exercises set down by the pro, whilst enjoying some fantastic mountain trails lead by an in the know snow Pro!
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Children of any skiing ability will have a blast learning new snow skills and meeting new friends at Vail.
Each day consists of entertaining educational themes that make learning fun!
Learning age groups range from 3-6 yrs, 7-12 yrs, and 13-15 years.
Lessons available range from:
- Ultimate Four (small group – max 4)
- Private Lessons
- Group Lessons
- First Time 3 days
- Ski Girls Rock – exclusively for girls ages 7 to teen
INFANTS AND CHILDREN / DAYCARE
Vail offers professional day care services for children from 2 months to 6 years of age at the Golden Peak Small World Nursery. Forward booking is strongly advised.
Accommodation at Vail
Landmark Condominiums – recently refurbished ‘Deluxe’ Lionshead property
The Landmark Condominiums completed an extensive $44 million renovation in 2012, and is a gorgeous property conveniently located in Lionshead Vail.
This moderately priced accommodation block offers guests stylishly decorated self-contained condos, and includes world class resort facilities of: an outdoor heated pool, 3 outdoor hot tubs, a BBQ, a fire pit, and amazing location just steps away from the Eagle Bahn Chairlift.
• 1, 2, 3, 4, 4 + loft bedroom, self-contained condos
Vail’s Mountain Haus at the Covered Bridge – ‘Deluxe’ Vail Village Property
Conveniently located at the quite location of Covered Bridge in the heart of Vail Central, this luxury property boasts a range of beautifully furnished accommodations at a price which is affordable,especially given its location.
Boasting an on site outdoor heated pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, sauna and steam rooms, laundry facilities, free movie rentals, free wi/fi, complimentary tea/coffee, daily house keeping, and to die for complimentary Apres cookies, Vail’s Mountain Haus is a great choice.
• Hotel rooms
• 1,2,3, or 4 bedroom self contained condos
• Penthouses are also available
Marriott – ‘Deluxe’ Lions Head Property
Nestled at the base of Vail Mountain in Lionshead, the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort offers high quality 4 diamond lodgings, which are generous in size, and stylishly furnished. Complimented also with the convenience of being just 150 yards from the nearest lift – the Eagle Bahn Gondola.
On site guests enjoy: ski valet, restaurant, lounge/bar, ski shop and rentals, Spa, heated pool, hot tubs, wi-fi, fitness centre, and room service.
• Hotel room
• 1, 2, 3 bedroom Condominiums
• Spectacular 3 bedroom Penthouse Suite with floor to vaulted ceiling windows
The Lodge at Vail – ‘Premier’ Central Vail Village property offering ski in/ski out
Holding a prime slope side location in Vail Village, The Lodge Vail offers unrivalled opulence for those who stay here.
The Lodge at Vail boasts luxurious accommodation ranging from hotel rooms and suites, through to spectacular multi roomed Chalet hideaways which offer true ski in/ski out access. All of which are reminiscent of old world elegance with rich accents of mahogany and marble – thus adding to the allure of its alpine lodge grandeur.
• Hotel Rooms
• Multi roomed Chalets – with true ski in/ski out access
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.