WINTER PARK SKI HOLIDAYS
Located just 67 Miles northwest of Denver, Winter Park is the closest major ski resort to Denver International airport, taking only a 1 hour and 25 minutes to drive.
Winter Park offers up a stunningly beautiful alpine village setting. Serviced by a free gondola ride down from the top car park to where you will arrive amongst an intimate pedestrian village, which houses a fine selection of accommodations, cafes, and restaurants.
The terrain on offer is phenomenally good and ranges from easy green to the extreme cliff areas of the Vasquez Cirque. Winter Parks ‘Mary Jane’ area is ranked by Ski Magazine as No. 1 in mogul skiing in North America, a place where the US freestyle mogul team regularly train. Specialist mogul camps and lessons are available.
Loaded with choice, the Après scene at Winter Park is alive with choices ranging from dining above the cloud in their ‘on mountain’ restaurant, open Fridays and Saturdays, or sampling the mix of bars and restaurants located both at the village base area of the ski resort, or just a few minutes down the road in the town of Winter Park.
Free Skiing for Ruapehu Alpine Lift Pass Holders !!
“The mesmerising effects of Winter Park starts right from the moment you step onto the gondola from the car park. This place truly has a magical feel about it, complimented by some really outstanding terrain. A fabulous place for families and beginners, a quite romantic place I feel for couples, and for those looking for ‘hardcore on snow’ then check out the ‘Vasquez Cirque’ for some unreal EX terrain” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to
Ski Winter Park
- Snow quantity: Winter Park receives over 300 inches of try fluffy powder each year.
- Easy to get to: Winter Park is the closest ski resort to Denver
- Combinable: Consider a combination holiday complimented with Copper Mountain as a duo resort
- Ski the best moguls: Mary Jane at Winter Park have been rated as No 1 in North America for mogul skiing
- Tree skiing: Heavily planted, the tree skiing at Winter Park is fantastic!
- Ski further: Longest run at Winter Park stretches a whopping 2 miles
- Variety: With an extensive amount of varied terrain and cliff areas, there is something to suit every ability
- Polish your park: Choose from a stack of small to large features to include rails, tank-jibs, c rails, rainbows, and jumps
- Quaint Setting: Winter Park is set in a stunningly beautiful and tranquil pedestrian village
Winter Park Facts & Stats
- Chairlifts: 25 lifts including The Village Cabriolet, 2 High-Speed Six-Pack Lifts, 7 High-Speed Express Quads, 4 Triplets, 6 Double Chairlifts, 3 Surface Lifts, 1 Platter and 1 Rope Tow. Uphill capacity of 40,000 riders p/hour. The Zephyr Express is modified to accommodate 20 gondola cabins for dinner service to The Lodge at Sunspot.
- Snowmaking: 27 trails covering 313 acres.
- Average Annual Snowfall: Over 317.5 inches
- Terrain: 3,081 total skiable acreage (1,246 hectares)
- Trails: 166 designated trails and 1,212 acres / 490 hectares of off-piste terrain, including Vasquez Cirque and glade skiing.
- Mountain Characteristics:
Vertical Drop: 2,220ft / 667m | Maximum Run Length: 2 miles
Elevation – Top: 11,220ft / 3,420m | Elevation – Base: 9000ft / 2,743m
Vertical Drop: 1,766ft / 538m | Maximum Run Length: 4.5 miles
Elevation – Top: 11,200ft / 3,414m | Elevation – Base: 9,450ft / 2,880m
Vertical Drop: 1,215ft / 370m | Maximum Run Length: 1.4 miles
Elevation – Top: 10,700ft / 3,267m | Elevation – Base: 9,486ft / 2,891m
Vertical Drop: 1,714ft / 522m | Maximum Run Length: 4.9 miles
Elevation – Top: 12,060ft / 3,676m | Elevation – Base: 10,348ft / 3,154m
Vertical Drop: 1600ft / 488m | Maximum Run Length: 0.52 miles
Elevation – Top: 11,600ft / 3,536m | Elevation – Base: 10,000ft / 3,048m
Vertical Drop: 2,060ft / 628m | Maximum Run Length: 0.36 miles
Elevation – Top: 12,060ft / 3,676m | Elevation – Base: 10,000ft / 3,048m
- Difficulty levels:
Beginner 27% | Intermediate 21% | Advanced 32% | Most Difficult 20% | Expert Only 0%
Beginner 6% | Intermediate 19% | Advanced 15% | Most Difficult 59% | Expert Only 1%
Beginner 10% | Intermediate 35% | Advanced 3% | Most Difficult 51% | Expert Only 0%
Beginner 0% | Intermediate 30% | Advanced 50% | Most Difficult 20% | Expert Only 0%
Beginner 0% | Intermediate 0% | Advanced 0% | Most Difficult 100% | Expert Only 0%
Beginner 0% | Intermediate 0% | Advanced 0% | Most Difficult 75% | Expert Only 25%
Getting to Winter Park
Winter Park is a leisurely 1.25 hours drive west of Denver.
- Daily direct flights from all over the USA into Denver.
- International connections are available ex Australia and New Zealand through Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Scheduled resort shuttles transfer guests from Denver or Eagle airports.
- Private airport vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost.
- Private inter ski resort shuttles are also available.
Winter Park runs a free guest shuttle service around the ski resort and surrounding Village of Winter Park and Fraser. These shuttles run regularly during the winter ski season.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
Winter Park volunteer hosts offer free mountain orientation tours departing at 10:30am and 1pm daily. All tour guests to sign up at the Sunspot Map Kiosk at the top of the Zephyr Express chairlift 15 minutes prior to tour departure. Participants are required be of an intermediate or better skier or rider. Tours last approximately 2 hours.
Other Resort Activities
- Scenic Snow cat Tours
- Guided Snowshoe Tours
- Ski-bikes and night-bikes
- Nastar Racing
- Scenic Chairlift Rides
- Ice skating and free ice skating lessons
Winter Park Ski School and Daycare
The Ski & Ride School at Winter Park is dedicated to creating enjoyable personal experiences of snow sports.
- Private and group ski lessons
- Private and group snowboard lessons
- Private and group Telemark, group lessons
- Specialist Mogul training is also available.
Pre-bookings are highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
JUST BECAUSE I’M THREE
Winter Parks introductory program, specifically tailored to your three year old. The main focus in this day program is to make sure your child has fun while learning this new sport. Extra time focused on getting used to skis and ski boots before tackling the mountain in a special snowmobile. Children must be potty trained and willing to participate.
SKIERS AND SNOWBOARDERS 4-6
Your kid will have a blast learning new skills while exploring Winter Park’s huge mountain playground with fellow skiers and riders of the same age and ability. Groups spend the day learning proper technique and valuable skills to jump start their skiing and riding ability.
SKIERS AND SNOWBOARDERS 7-14
Specifically designed for kids aged 7-14 – kids in these groups have fun while exploring more challenging terrain.
MAX 4 HALF DAY LESSONS
Winter Parks new MAX 4 program is guaranteed for maximum fun! The semi-private format is limited to 4 guests per instructor. Half Day lessons run from 11:45am to 2:45pm. Lunch is not provided.
PRIVATE LESSONS – ½ day or full day are also available.
INFANTS & DAYCARE / CHILDREN
WEE WILLIE WINKIES
Winter Parks child care centre is open daily from 8am-4pm during the ski season and is for ages 2 months to 6 years.
The child care centre is located in the Kids’ Ski and Ride School (level 2) at the base of Winter Park.
KIDS’ NIGHT OUT
On selected nights – this fun, activity-filled evening is for 4-12 year olds, and is loaded with activities including dinner and a movie!
Kids’ Night Out is held at the Adventurer’s Club in the Village on Thursday (subject to change) evenings from 5:30-8:30pm.
Kids’ Night Out is a FREE childcare service offered to parents on the condition that $30 per child is spent in any commercial outlet at the resort during the hours that your children are in the program. Winter Park do require original receipts to verify the expenditure. If less than $30 per child is spent, parents will only be charged the difference.
Kids’ Night Out includes pizza and indoor activities such as games, seasonal crafts and movies.
Winter Park Guest Services will reserve your children’s space. Enrollment is limited and is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Registration/pre booking is recommended for the above children services, to avoid disappointment. For more information contact Sports School.
Accommodation at Winter Park
Vintage Resort Hotel – Budget/lead in ‘upper village’ property
Located at the entrance to Winter Park Ski Resort, lodging at the Vintage includes 118 guest rooms which all feature new high quality mattresses, pillows, linens, and towels as of February 2012. Guest rooms range from traditional hotel rooms to studios and suites, most including kitchenettes and fireplaces. The Vintage is a full service hotel.
On site facilities include a large outdoor hot tub, and The Five Mountain Tavern on the ground floor.
• Hotel Room
• Studio with kitchenette
• Lofted Studio
• 1 bedroom
Founders Pointe/Fraser Crossing – Deluxe ‘central village’ property
Founders Pointe/Fraser Crossing are two of Winter Park Village’s premier properties. These beautifully appointed condominiums range from studios to three bedroom units and comfortably accommodate families of any size. Fraser Crossing and Founders Pointe feature granite counter tops, tile floors, and stainless steel appliances, and guest have a choice of a full kitchen or kitchenette.
Rooms have gas fireplaces accented by a solid wood hearth and LCD flat panel TV. There is also an amenity deck featuring a heated walkway, a giant common area hot-tub, and gas barbeque grill.
• 1 or 2 bedroom with either kitchenette or full kitchen
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.