JACKSON HOLE SKI HOLIDAYS
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is well renown for its wild terrain, deep snow, beautiful back-country access, and offers unforgettable ski and snowboard experiences. The exciting news is there have been extensive developments over the last couple of years with trail expansion, thus meaning that Jackson Hole now offers an array of learners and intermediate trail, thus now making Jackson Hole a resort for all abilities.
From green to extreme Jackson Holes has 116 named trails and is accessed by 11 lifts, including a high-speed gondola, and a state of the art aerial Tram to the summit which takes 100 skiers/boarders every 20 minutes.
Conveniently situated just 12 miles from the town of Jackson, between the town and Teton Mountain Village Resort you will enjoy a vibrant assortment of Après and dining options, along with a multitude of shopping outlets and Art Galleries, all easily accessible by local shuttle buses and taxi.
For those nature lovers, experience snowy wildlife tours and snowmobile trips to see Bison, Elk, Bears and wolf inside Teton National Park and neighbouring Yellowstone Park.
Jackson Hole is a sure to please destination that is just simply hard to beat, and a definite bucket list contender!
“Ahh Jackson Hole…a place everyone should visit at least once in their lives, be it summer or winter! In all honesty, I just simply can’t put into words how phenomenally amazing this place is, both on and off snow. The mountain alone is beyond belief, no matter what level you are you will be greatly challenged. Also, the claim that Jackson Hole is not for beginners is just simply untrue. There is plenty of learners trail here, and off the Casper and Thunder Chairs the intermediate groomers are nothing short of delightful. Furthermore, the children’s club/facilities are some of the best that I have ever seen, and the close encounters with nature are simply impossible to get anywhere else” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to
Ski Jackson Hole
- Snow quantity: With an aver Average of 475 inches per year, and 195 acres of snowmaking coverage, there is no chance of snow shortage here!
- Snow quality: Jackson Hole provides some of the lightest and driest snow you will ever experience, it is truly awesome!
- Convenience: Teton Village is a purpose built Resort Village at the base of Jackson Hole’s ski resort offering a stack of accommodation options, and amazingly good dining options, all within a few minutes’ walk.
- Efficient Resort: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is armed with an aerial tram, high speed gondola, and a selection of chairs to shift guests quickly around the mountain.
- Challenging: Jackson Hole is renowned for its challenging terrain, Jackson Hole is the prefect destination for ‘on snow’ progression.
- Backcountry: Operating a closed gate system, Jackson Hole has on offer 3000+ acres of epic back country terrain.
- Expanding mountain: There is something for everyone at Jackson Hole as they are continually working to expand the available terrain to suit all levels of ability.
- Accessibility: With direct flights from 9 USA hubs, Jackson is easily accessible.
- Ski other resorts: Enjoy a day trip to Grand Targee, only 2 hours from Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, or enjoy a day on Snow King, the areas first snow hill which is right in town at Jackson Village.
- National Park/Wildlife: View Elk, Deer, Antelope, Eagle, Bison and much more inside the infamously beautiful Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.
Jackson Hole Facts & Stats
- Terrain: 2 Mountains: Apres Vous and Rendezvous
- Acreage: 2,500 acres of in-bounds terrain
- Vertical Drop: 4,139ft / 1,261m
- Base Elevation: 6,311ft / 1,924m
- Summit Elevation: 10,450ft / 3,185m
- Uphill Capacity: 17,833 people p/hour
- Open Backcountry gate system accesses over 3000+ acres
- Runs: 133 named runs
- Terrain Difficulty: 10% Beginner, 40% Intermediate, 50% Expert
- Lifts: 1 Aerial tram, 2 High-Speed Gondolas, 4 Detachable Quad Chairlifts, 4 Fixed-Grip Quad Chairlifts, 2 Doubles, 1 Fixed-Grip Triple and 1 Magic Carpet
- Snowmaking: 195 acres of snowmaking coverage
- Average Annual Snowfall: 475 inches
- Ski Season: Late November to Early April
- Temperature: Average winter temperature is 21o Fahrenheit in the valley. Temperature inversions caused by warm air rising and cold air staying on the valley floor will raise slope temperatures by 20-40°
- Terrain Parks/Half-Pipes/Burton Stash Parks: There is a halfpipe, two terrain parks (one expert, one beginner) for both skiers and snowboarders. Jackson Hole is home to the only Burton Stash parks in the Rockies. These four Burton Stash Parks are located all over the mountain
Getting to Jackson Hole
Teton Village, Wyoming is 12 miles (20 minutes) northwest of the town of Jackson on Highway 390 via Highway 22. 40 minutes’ drive from Jackson Airport with non-stop service from Chicago and Dallas on American, Denver, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles on United, and Salt Lake City, Atlanta and Cincinnati on Delta.
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is five hours drive northeast of Salt Lake City, UT and eight hours drive from Denver, CO.
By Air: Flying into Jackson Hole Airport (JAC)
Daily direct flights from 9 USA ports around to include Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Scheduled resort shuttles transfer guests from Jackson Hole Aiport to Teton Village.
Private airport vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost.
Private inter ski resort shuttles are also available.
If you are staying in Teton Village, you will inevitably travel to town to do some shopping, and if you are staying in town you will need to get to and from the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Jackson Hole has a public transportation system called the START Bus (Southern Teton Area Rapid Transit) that is a cheap and efficient way of traveling around the valley.
A one-way trip from the town of Jackson to Teton Village is approximately US$3.00 per person.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
FREE MOUNTAIN TOURS/SKI HOSTS
Jackson Hole Mountain Ambassadors run their guided tours at 9:30am and 1:00pm in front of Walk Festival Hall. Available to all ski levels from intermediates and upward. No reservations needed.
DAY TRIP TO GRAND TARGHEE SKI RESORT
The only reason on earth to leave Jackson Hole is to jump on the Targhee Express and get on over to ski or board Grand Targhee.
Grand Targhee Resort daily combo shuttle service and lift ticket are around US$95 per adult. This service includes pick-up from easily accessible locations, safe shuttle service to and from Grand Targhee Resort, and a full day lift ticket.
Grand Targhee, whilst a smaller mountain than Jackson Hole, is well worth the effort it takes to get there! Receiving even more snow than Jackson, and offering numerous groomed trails, a summit hike to then ski through untracked middle earth, a magical woods experience, through to Snowcat backcountry tours, Grand Targhee is the perfect ‘add on’ experience to your Jackson Hole adventure.
YELLOW STONE AND GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARKS
Grand Teton National Park
Home to the dramatically rugged peaks of the Teton Mountain Range, Grand Teton National Park offers thrilling outdoor experience, including hiking, biking and other outdoor activities. With 50 miles of Snake River and more than 100 alpine lakes and seven glacier lakes, Grand Teton National Park is home to pristine ecosystems and rare wildlife. Visitors of all ages and interests will enjoy this legendary Park on the stellar hiking trail system and, in the winter, groomed ski track.
Estimated travel time: 5 minutes drive
National Elk Refuge
The 25,000 acre National Elk Refuge in Jackson Hole is home to the largest elk herd in the world, with a population of more than 14,000. Located on the flat meadows surrounding the Gros Ventre River, the National Elk Refuge offers horse-drawn sleigh rides among the elk, which are available mid-December through March.
Estimated travel time: 25 minutes drive
One of the most exciting ways to take in the stunning landscapes and rare wildlife roaming freely is from the waters of the Snake River. The northern stretches of the river are largely gentle currents that ultimately find their way into the narrower walls of the Snake River Canyon where whitewater stirs up to offer some thrilling action. Rafting, kayaking, and fly fishing opportunities abound in Jackson Hole.
Estimated travel time: 10 minutes drive
Yellowstone National Park
2.2 million acres in size, Yellowstone National Park is a spectacular natural phenomenon, offering ample opportunities to spot rare species such as grizzly bear, elk, bald eagles, bison, moose and wolf, as well as dramatic flora and fauna while hiking. With 250 active geysers out of a total of 10,000 geothermal features, Yellowstone has more geysers than anywhere else on the globe, including the world-renowned Old Faithful. Yellowstone’s Grand Canyon is 1,200 feet deep and pierced by the dramatic Upper Falls. The park is open to the public from mid-April through November; and from mid-December through mid-March for over-snow vehicles.
Estimated travel time: 1-1.5 hours drive
Jackson Hole Ski School and Daycare
Jackson Holes ski pros are a guaranteed way to fast track your progression! Whether you are just learning to ski, snowboarding for the first time, or are an avid expert in search of an epic backcountry adventure, Jackson Hole’s ski pro’s will ensure you excel to new heights when it comes to your ‘on snow’ ability.
There is no other place better for progression than Jackson Hole!
Group Lessons: Enjoy a small group lesson among others of a similar ability. Lessons can be either 1/2 day or full day, and afternoon only sessions are available for advanced skiers/riders.
Private Lessons: There is no way better than to treat yourself to a private lesson. Whether you take it as a one on one, or gather up a small group of maximum 5 friends, and then share the cost and experience, Private Lessons are well worth the expense at Jackson Hole!
Explore the legendary slopes of the Tetons with Jackson Hole Mountain Resorts top coaches who will help take your skills to the next level!
Multi-day camps focus on challenging everyone with a variety of terrain and snow conditions. If this is your first camp, don’t be intimidated! Jackson Hole offers 2,500 acres of terrain for all experience levels and our camps are dedicated to providing the right surroundings for your ability.
Camp fees include coaching, lift tickets, video analysis, après-ski activities, dinner parties and much more!
- Camps on offer range from:
- Steep & Deep Ski Camp
- Steep & Deep Snowboard Camp
- Terra Women’s Ski Camp
- Womens Snowboard Camp
- Telemark Steep & Deep Camp
- World Class Race & Ski Camps
- Adaptive Steep & Deep Camp
- Backcountry Camps
- Signature Camps
- Las Lenas Steep Camp
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Located in the Cody House next to the Bridger Gondola, the Kids Ranch offers age-specific activities for children from 6 months to 17 years old. Kids can experience Fort Wyoming and our Wild West Woods, an educational ski and snowboard program.
- Programs on offer range from:
- Wrangler Daycare – 6 months to 2 years
- Pioneers Ski Lessons – 3 to 4 years (beginners only)
- Rough Rider Ski Lessons – 3 to 6 years
- Little Ripper Snowboard Lessons – 5 to 6 years
- Explorer Ski & Snowboard Lessons – 7 to 14 years
- The Fall Line Camp – 13 to 18 years
- Roundup Camp – Christmas, President’s Week and Spring Break
- Kids Night Out – Available Most Weeks
INFANTS AND CHILDREN / DAYCARE
JHMR offer a licensed facility catering to the specific needs of children aged between 6-36 months.
Children under the age of 2 years will enjoy a variety of indoor and outdoor play adventures, in additional to their normal sleeping and eating routines.
Children aged 2 are able to join in the Wrangler pre-ski program, which incorporates ski related skills such as: dressing techniques, balance activities, and sliding concepts. Children will also partake in sled and Gondola rides.
Accommodation at Jackson Hole
Inn at Jackson Hole – Moderate ‘slopeside’ property
This property is the absolute best slopeside value in Jackson Hole!
The Inn features 90 newly remodeled guest rooms and suites, some with fireplaces and kitchenettes, and offers a recently renovated outdoor heated pool and hot tub, which complement the Inn’s ideal central village location.
• Standard Hotel Room
• Deluxe Room (has kitchenette)
• Deluxe Loft Room (has kitchenette, 1 queen sofa bed, 1 king bed in loft)
• Family Loft Room (has kitchenette, 1 King bed, 1 queen sofa bed, 1 queen bed in loft)
• Premium Loft (no kitchenette, 2 queen beds, 1 king bed in loft)
• 1 & 2 Bedroom Suites (with full kitchens)
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa – Deluxe ‘ski in’ property
Located just one mile from the entrance to Grand Teton National Park and slopeside in Teton Village, Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa is a luxury resort experience with an authentic western lodge feel.
With indoor and outdoor heated pools, five separate hot tubs, a newly refurbished restaurant and bar (SPUR), and a three story Spa and fitness center, Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa is the ideal base for a hard to beat Jackson Hole Mountain Resort adventure.
• Guest Hotel Rooms: Alpine Studios (with fireplace) & Lodge Rooms (no fireplace)
• Sundance Junior Suite (studio room with full kitchen and fireplace)
• 1 Bedroom Suite (with kitchen & fireplace)
• 2 storey 2 Bedroom Suite (with kitchen & fireplace)
• 2, 3 Bedroom Suite
• 3 Bedroom Penthouse Suite
Hotel Terra – Superior ‘ski in’ property
Hotel Terra is an innovative, new age property which reflects a beautiful compilation of contemporary, luxurious lodgings, with sustainability being a major focus in the design and build process of this property, thus making it the first Eco friendly property at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
Hotel Terra boasts a majestic outdoor heated infinity pool, exclusive roof top spa, casual breakfast and lunch cafe dining at Terra Cafe and fining dining at JHMR best restaurant Villaggio Osteria, full service spa and treatments, business centre, valet parking, ski valet, morning newspapers, among a few of the high level offerings at this stunning property.
• Terra Guest Room (hotel room)
• Urban Studios (with fireplace & kitchen)
• 1, 2, 3 Bedroom Suite (with kitchen & fireplace)
• Resort Homes and Condos also available
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.