HEAVENLY LAKE TAHOE SKI HOLIDAYS
With its awe inspiring lake front splendour, and a consistent promise of over 900 cm’s of snow, Heavenly Ski Resort is nothing short of breathtaking, and a resort bound for epic skiing and snowboarding adventures.
Conveniently located 1 short hours plane ride from San Francisco, Heavenly ski resort offers skiers and snowboarders alike varied terrain spanning across the California-Nevada border, and includes rolling glades, terrain parks, challenging technical steeps, easy groomed runs, back-country-like terrain, phenomenal tree runs, and views to die for!
Heavenly’s Tahoe location also places it in close proximity to Northstar and many other ski resorts, which gives guests the opportunity to get a multi access weekly pass.
The night-life at Heavenly ski resort is also another hard to beat feature of this ski resort! Choosing between the South Lake casinos, multitude of restaurants and bars, concerts, and village activities, there’s never a dull moment here.
“Heavenly Ski Resort is truly a slice of Heaven, with pure unsurpassed beauty, an untouched natural setting, and incredible views of Lake Tahoe. Visitors of this winter Mecca will ski and snowboard in one of the most picturesque ski resorts in the world. Heavenly’s Tahoe location gives it the convenience of being near both California and Nevada lifestyle opportunities, which lead to a multitude of après ski options for everyone, the Heavenly Ski Resort is guaranteed to allow guests to have endless fun”. Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski Heavenly
- Easy and economical to get to: Located only 1 hours domestic flight out of San Francisco, Lake Tahoe is an obvious option for convenience and cost!
- Hassle free: With free town and optional inter-resort scheduled shuttles, Heavenly is an easy resort to get around, and also sample neighbouring resorts as well.
- Heavenly receives an average of 900 cm’s of snow annually
- From Green to Extreme: Heavenly boasts varied terrain with 97 trails ranging from wide-open cruisers to plunging 1600-foot chutes
- Economical: Accommodations range from Hotel through to 4 star luxury condo, so affordable for any budget, but in particular one of the most affordable resorts in the USA by far!
- Panoramic Vistas: Nestled right on the Lake Front of South Tahoe, Heavenly’s views and vistas are breathtaking, it would be hard to find a more spectacular surrounding to ski at.
- Ski multiple resorts: With Northstar and Kirkwood on your lift ticket, the terrain options are vast.
- Ski the biggest: Offering an excess of 4,800 acres, and standing at over 3,060 meters high, Heavenly is one of North America’s largest mountains. Furthermore, Heavenly’s 1,067 metres of vertical is unmatched on the West Coast of the US.
- Great Family Resort: Heavenly is definitely a great option for families offering accommodation at the lift, and ski school options to cater for all levels
- Something Different: The location of Heavenly Resort sits over the two states of California and Nevada. One state is non gambling, whilst the other permits gambling, and therefore has given birth to a region of vibrance, and a great selection of ‘off snow’ and ‘after dark’ options
Heavenly Ski Resort Facts & Stats
- Skiable terrain: 4,800 acres
- Longest run: 5.5 mile (8.9 km)
- Total trails: 97
- Trail difficulty: 35% advanced 45% intermediate, and 20% beginner
- Total lifts: 28 (including 9 high-speed)
- Vertical drop: 3,500 ft. (1066 m)
- Lift served vertical drop: 3,500 ft. (1066 m)
- Base elevation: 6,540 ft. (1,993 m) California
- Base Elevation: 7,200 ft, ( 2,184 m) Nevada
- Lift served elevation: 10,0467 ft. (3,068 m)
- Maximum height: 10,035 ft. (3,060 m)
- Lift capacity: 52,000 passengers/hour.
- Average annual snowfall: 360 inches (9 metres)
- 5 month season (November start –April end)
Getting to Heavenly Ski Resort Village
Heavenly Mountain Resort is simple to get to, located close to Lake Tahoe on the California Nevada border. Situated just 1 hours’ drive from Reno International Airport, or 3 ½ hours’ drive or a 1 hour flight from San Francisco. Daily direct flights from all over the USA fly into Reno and San Francisco International Airports.
Same day connections from international flights ex NZ and Australia are available, dependent however on your international flight arrival time into Reno/San Francisco.
Domestic connecting flights are available from Reno/San Francisco through to Heavenly
Scheduled resort shuttles transfer guests from Reno airport to South Tahoe.
Private airport vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost.
inter ski resort shuttles are also available
Around town and inter resort: BlueGO Heavenly ski shuttles offer shuttle services around town, and between the Tahoe resorts. There are also bus stops located all around Heavenly Ski Resort, and schedules usually run every 15-30 minutes, weather permitting.
Taxi: Private taxi services are available to you at a fee and will take you to where ever you wish to go.
By Car: Driving around Tahoe is generally very easy. Whilst a car in Tahoe is not required, if you plan to travel around and make the most of skiing multiple ski resorts in the Tahoe area, then a car would be convenient to have.
Based just outside lake Tahoe the ample Heavenly Ski Resort has tours and activities galore with day and night-life options for all ages to enjoy, multiple recreational options, as well as more shopping opportunities than you can count, Heavenly is guaranteed to have the right activities for you.
Heavenly Resort Activities
- Terrain Parks
- Many dining options
- Many Bars, casinos and nightclubs
- Events and DJ’s
- Concerts and parties
- Backcountry skiing
- Hot springs
- Sleigh rides
- Ice skating rink
- Scenic helicopter tours
- Hot air ballooning
- Guided ski tours
- Discover Tahoe
Heavenly Ski School and Daycare
The Heavenly Ski Resort’s Ski school focuses on providing a balanced approach to ski and riding teaching by hiring expert skiers yet focussing on simplifying the ski lesson experience so students can learn faster. Heavenly’s Epic Mix Academy also gives skiers and riders access to the Mix online tool to track their own progress and compare with friends and family.
Ski Services available range from:
- Adult half day first timer ski lessons (AM or PM)
- Adult half day second timer ski lessons (AM or PM)
- Womens Ultimate 4 Green, Blue, or Black Ski Lessons
- Womens Ultimate 4 Learn to Ski Lessons
- Adult Ultimate 4 Green, Blue, or Black Ski Lessons
- Adult Ultimate 4 First or Second Timer Ski Lesson
- Development programs
- Private Ski Lessons
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
With small (4-5) and big kids (6-13) classes the Heavenly Ski School places kids in groups based on their ability, helping them to meet children who are equal to them in confidence, and helping them to progress together. As well as group lessons, children may take private lessons tailored to their skills in order to help them to further hone their skills.
Ski Services Available range from:
- Ski/Play (3-4 years)
- Half/Half (4-5 years)
- Children ski lessons (4-5)
- Children ski lessons (6-13)
- Private childrens ski lessons
- Childrens’ development programs
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
Heavenly offers day-care for children from as young as 6 weeks, right through to 6 years, the day-care at Heavenly Ski Resort offers public day-care as well as one-on-one day-care options for parents who want their children to have an early childhood teacher devoted to their child for the day.
Accommodation at Heavenly Mountain Resort
Lakeshore Lodge and Spa- Moderate, Lakeside
Set right on Lake Tahoe, the Lakeshore Lodge offers guest condominiums as well as hotel style accommodation, with pine furniture, a balcony or ground floor patio, gas fireplaces, hair dryer and coffee makers available for hotel room guests, or full kitchens, lake views wood fireplaces, and separate dining/living areas available to condo guests. All guests also have access to the Lakeshore hot tub and day spa.
Lodge Queen Kitchen Room
Lodge Queen/Queen Kitchen Room
1 Bedroom Condo
1 Bedroom+ Loft Condo
2 Bedroom Condo
Forest Suites- Moderate, By Gondola
The Alpine Forest Suites sit in a prime mountainside location right next to the Heavenly Ski Resort Gondola and a stone’s throw from the central village and casino’s, the Forest Suites accommodations offer spacious hotel and apartment style suites as well as a fitness centre, outdoor hot tubs, guest laundry, bar and games lounge, free daily hot breakfasts, Wi-Fi and nightly wine and cheese as an after skiing treat.
1 Bedroom Suite
2 Bedroom Suite
Marriott Grand Residence Club- Deluxe, Ski In/Ski Out, Mountain Base
Lake Tahoe’s Marriot Grand Residence Club has an ideal location, just steps away from the gondola; this rustically elegant hotel is set right within the intertwining ski trails allowing guests full Ski In/Ski Out access to the Heavenly Ski Resort. The Marriott’s close proximity to the village also allows for shopping, multiple dining options, casinos and nightlife, on top of this the Marriott offers bell and concierge services, a heated outdoor pool, a whirlpool and fitness centre.
1 Bedroom Villa
2 Bedroom Villa
Hard Rock Resort, Lake Tahoe- Deluxe, Village
The Hard Rock Chain is known for luxury and excitement, and the Hard Rock Hotel at Lake Tahoe is no different, located at the heart of South Lake Tahoe in Nevada, the newly renovated Hard Rock Hotel is sure to rock your holiday. Located a short walk from both the Heavenly’s Gondola and Heavenly Village Centre. The Hard Rock Hotel features Terry bathrobes, in room safes, and luxurious bedding. As well as this there are four restaurants ranging from casual to formal, free Wi-Fi, Free Parking, and a bar/ lounge area
Hotel King Rooms
Hotel Double Queen Rooms
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.