NORTHSTAR SKI HOLIDAYS
Northstar, a resort which promises substance combines California’s laid back attitude, with high end luxury in a blend of sophistication and style guaranteed to keep guests coming back for more. Northstar Ski Resort’s aim to create Lake Tahoe’s premier luxury snowsports destination has not been taken lightly, with upscale shopping, refined dining options, and Tahoe’s only five-star slopeside lodging, guests of Northstar Ski Resort know that they have arrived at somewhere special, where all guests are treated as royalty.
“Looking for luxury close to San Francisco or Los Angeles, then look no further. Northstar offers every luxury and comfort you can dream off, and all located in an idyllic Mountain Village setting. Theres a nice mix of great terrain, and a very family friendly Resort” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski North Star
- Experience a genuine luxury Ski Resort
- Ski in / Ski Out Mountain Village
- Drive or fly, either way Northstar is easily accessed via LAX or San Francisco
- A resort designed with families in mind, and therefore offering a comprehensive layout both on mountain and in the village
- Ski more than one resort as Lake Tahoe offers many other resort options
- Northstar offers exceptional value
- Dedicated learners terrain
- Its on your Vail Resorts lift pass!
- Book early and take advantage of their Earlybird discount deals
- Lots going on with live entertainment in the weekends, and plenty of ‘off snow’ activities for all
Northstar Ski Resort Facts & Stats
- Skiable terrain: 3,170 acres
- Longest run: 1.4 mile (2.25 km) – Logger’s Loop
- Total trails: 100
- Trail difficulty: 27% advanced, 60% intermediate, 13% beginner
- Total lifts: 20
- Gondolas: 2 (1 express, 1 pulse)
- Vertical drop: 2,280 ft. (695 m)
- Base elevation: 6,330 ft. (1,929 m)
- Lift served elevation: 8,610 ft. (2,624 m)
- Maximum height: 8,610 ft. (2,624 m)
- Lift capacity: 34,799 passengers/hour.
- Average annual snowfall: 350 inches (9 m)
- 5-month season (mid November-mid April)
- Average temperature: 6°C to -6°C
Getting to Northstar Ski Resort
Northstar Mountain Resort is so easy to get to. Situated just 1 ¼ hours’ drive from Reno International Airport, or 3 ½ hours’ drive or a 1 hour flight from San Francisco. Daily direct flights from all over the USA into Reno International Airport.
international connections are available ex Australia and New Zealand through Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Scheduled resort shuttles transfer guests from Reno airport to North Tahoe.
Private airport vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost.
Private inter ski resort shuttles are also available.
Around the resort: Ski shuttles operate throughout the resort to access mountain village area/accommodations.
Taxi: There are taxi services which are available to you at a fee and will take you to where ever you wish to go.
By Car: Driving around Tahoe is general very easy. Whilst a car in Tahoe is not required, if you plan to trip around and make the most of skiing multiple ski resorts in the Tahoe area, then a car would be convenient to have.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
The Northstar Ski Resort team offers complimentary 1.5 to 2 hour “Meet the Mountain hosting tours, allowing guests to get to know the mountain and the different areas at Northstar California in an intimate setting.
Other Resort Activities
- Bungee Trampoline & Ropes challenge
- Cross Country Skiing
- Free Mountain Tours
- Ice Skating
- Snowshoeing and snowshoe tours
- Pottery,Painting. Candle Making and more
- Live Music
Northstar Ski School and Daycare
Northstar Ski Resort offers professional ski programs for beginners who are new to the sport, and for those experienced skiers and riders wanting to progress in their on snow skillset.
Furthermore, they offer small group workshops and private sessions also.
Ski Services available range from:
- Private Lessons
- Small Group Lessons
- Beginners programs
- Freerider Programs
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Northstar also offer kid-friendly terrain, and dedicated ski pro’s.
Ski Services Available range from:
- Private lessons
- Freerider Programs
- Small group lessons to suit all abilities
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
A state licenced childcare facility catering to 2 years+ is available at Northstar. Prebookings are necessary.