MT HOOD MEADOWS SKI HOLIDAYS
Located on Mt Hood’s sunny South-eastern side, the Mt Hood Meadows Snow Resort is truly the winter playground of the Northwest. With a balanced snow layout and some beautiful terrain, the Mt Hood Snow Resort offers some truly spectacular skiing and snowboarding opportunities at many levels of intensity.
Mt Hood Meadows’ aim is to allow skiers and snowboarders of all levels to experience the exhilaration that only fresh mountain snow can provide, this is done through ensuring that the Mt Hood Snow Resort’s sunny, windless, South-East facing direction, is used to its best capacity to maintain playful terrain.
The fun packed Mt Hood Meadows is also noted for having some of the best intermediate cruising terrain in the whole of Oregon, with much diversity, a playful attitude to skiing, and wide panoramic views throughout the resort. Mt Hood is sure to be a breath-taking experience for all visitors.
“Home to four fabulous ski areas, Mt Hood is the pick of the bunch for sure. From the steeps of the front side bowls to the gentle slopes of the beginner runs, Mt. Hood Meadows terrain is renowned for its diversity and playfulness, you’ll have a ball!” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski Mt Hood Meadows
- Many on mountain events organised to ensure a fun time is had
- Balanced difficulty to ensure terrain is skiable and enjoyable to all
- Incredibly maintained mountain to ensure that snow is prime for riding
- Sheltered snow fields provide excellent riding conditions season round
- Passionate approach to skiing and snowboarding ensure fun packed lessons
- Six differently themed trail parks ensure fun and skill progression
- Easy accessibility to Portland
- Wide range of lessons and on mountain activities available
- Most varied and exciting terrain in the northwest
- National reserve location builds an awe and respect for the beauty of nature
Mt Hood Meadows Facts & Stats
- Skiable Terrain: 2,150 acres
- Longest Run: 3 mi / 5 km
- Total Trails: 87
- Number of Runs: 85
- Trail Difficulty: 15% Beginner, 50% Intermediate, 20% Advanced, 15% Expert
- Total Lifts: 11 including 6 High-Speed Quads, and 5 Double Chairlifts
- Highest Lift Serviced Elevation: 7,300ft / 2,225m
- Vertical Rise: 2,777ft / 846m
- Top of Superbowl Skiing: 9,000ft / 2,743m
- Elevation at Base Lodge: 5,366ft / 1,635m
- Average Annual Snowfall: 430in / 11m
- Ski Season: November to April
Getting to Mt Hood Meadows
Located close to Portland, approximately 1.5 hours in distance, Mt Hood Meadows is really easy to get to.
Auckland to LA, San Francisco, or Vancouver, followed by an internal flight to Portland.
Buses at Meadows provide public transportation options from Portland, alternatively if you wish to drive
Take Hwy 26 East to Government Camp, then go North on Hwy 35 for 10 miles.
An easier, less congested drive from Portland:
Take I-84 to Exit 64 in Hood River, then follow Hwy 35 for 35 miles.
From Hood River:
Take Highway 35 for 35 miles South to the Mt. Hood Meadows entrance
Mt Hood Meadows Tours and Activities
The Mt Hood Meadows Snow Resort aims to give guests a pure fun- filled snow experience. Mt Hood Meadows’ friendly professional staff are always available and happy to help with riders’ needs. On top of this, the Mt Hood Meadows team provide a wide range of lessons and tours amidst the pristine scenery and natural beauty of the Mt Hood Meadows Snow Resort, the perfect backdrop to any ski and snowboarding holiday. Some of the on mountain opportunities are
- Terrain parks
- Nordic skiing
- Dining options
- Brewery beer sampling
- Many on mountain events and celebrations
- Portland, Oregon tours
- Portland, Oregon wilderness adventures
Mt Hood Ski School and Daycare
The team at Mt Hood Meadows use the best techniques and the highest standard of gear when teaching new skiers, snowboarders, cross country skiers, and snowshoers the tips and tricks which they need to know in order to make the most of their time out on the snow. With friendly teachers and customised support, the Mt hood Meadows ski school is friendly yet efficient at showing skiers and snowboarders visible improvements in their ability to ride.
Ski Services available range from:
- Adult Lessons
- Youth Lessons
- Private Lessons
- Children’s Group Lessons
- Clinics and Camps
- Consecutive Week Programs
- Free-ride Coaching
- Nordic Lessons
- Adaptive Lessons
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
For the really young ones, the Mt Hood Meadows Snow Resort provides certified child care from as young as 6 weeks old, offering half day and full day options.
Mt Hood Meadows’ Daycare facility covers 3,544 square feet and have room for up to 46 children. It was designed to be one of the most modern facilities in Oregon. In addition to age appropriate toys, the Mt Hood Meadows Daycare offers activities including arts and crafts, music and snow play.
Accommodation at Mt Hood
Best Western Plus, Hood River Inn- Deluxe
Mt Hood’s Best Western Inn, is the only hotel uniquely located on the Columbia River shoreline, offering lodging with scenic river views, water access, and a private beach. The Best Western Hood River is convenient and close to nearby attractions, the ski resort, and is only one hour‘s drive away from Portland, along the scenic interstate- 84. The Best Western Plus also offers guests a fitness centre, swimming pool, desk/ work area, free Wi-Fi, wheelchair access, free cribs, allows dogs in selected rooms, salon, and has a business centre to ensure that guests enjoy their stays to the maximum.
Standard Queen room
Standard 2 Queen room
Riverview 2 Queen room
Standard King suite
Riverview King Suite
Standard 2 King suite
Portland Homes and Apartments
Portland City has a wide variety of homes and apartments available for guests to choose from and many of these private homes have two, three, four or five bedrooms, as well as options for a loft or den with additional sleeping or storage space.
Whether you are travelling as a small family or in a large group of family and friends, Portland city is guaranteed to have the perfect property to suit your needs with quality accommodation standards, great locations, and of course – excellent value for money
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.