CANYONS SKI HOLIDAYS
Canyons is the ‘largest’ single ski and snowboard resort in Utah, and one of the five largest in the USA, which simply translates into ‘extensive’ terrain!
With over 4000 acres to choice from including: 182 trails, 19 lifts, 5 bowls, a 1.1 mile long terrain park, and six natural half pipes, the choice is yours to take. Choose from the long and gentle, big and bowled, the steep and then STEEPER, or aspen and pine. At Canyons resort there is a bewildering amount of high quality diverse terrain.
Furthermore, Canyons being an innovator in regards to newage technology, only at Canyons will guests experience the revolutionary, heated orange bubble express lift. And for something different, enjoy a unique ‘ski beach on mountain’ experience, or soar over Canyons via the new zip line!
10 Top Reasons to
- Ski more: Massive amounts of terrain with 182 runs.
- Snow quality: 355 inches of dry powder each year.
- Easily accessible: Only 35 minutes from Salt Lake City International airport, and only 4 miles from Park City
- No need for a car: On the local transit route to transfer between Park City and Canyons.
- Intimate Village feel: Family friendly, and easy to get around, ski in/ski out accommodations.
- Experience a resort full of innovation: Only at Canyons will you experience the revolutionary, heated orange bubble express lift, enjoy a unique ‘ski beach’ on mountain experience, or soar over Canyons via their new zip line!
- To die for cuisine: With everything from the locally-sourced, mountain-inspired fare at The Farm Restaurant, to the gratifying comfort of gourmet hot dogs and imported beer at the Umbrella Bar, there is something to tempt every taste.
- Sundance: Enjoy this festive event, held in the month of January every year. Book well in advance though i.e: 10-12 months out!
- Easy to get around: No need for a car as there are regular free shuttles around Park City, Deer Valley, and Canyons.
- Ski Multiple Resorts: Ski Park City, Canyons, Deer Valley on one ski pass, then shoot across to Alta and Snowbird and purchase a combo mountain pass to cover of that area
Canyons Facts & Stats
- Base Elevation: 6,800ft / 2,072m
- Summit Elevation: 10,000ft / 3,048m
- Vertical Rise: 3,200ft / 975m
- Trails: 300+
- Lifts: 41
- Terrain: 9% Beginner, 51% Intermediate, 40% Expert
- Total Skiable Acres: 7,300+ acres / 2,954+ hectares
- Mountain Peaks: 17
- Bowls: 14
- Half pipes: 2, including 1 Super Pipe
- Terrain Parks: 6
- Ski Season: Late November to Mid-April
BIG NEWS for Canyons
Canyons Resort and Park City Mountain Resort have combined to create the largest single ski and snowboard resort in the United States. A new 8-passenger Quicksilver Gondola connection, along with the new King Con Express six-pack and Motherlode Express Quad make up just some of the improvements totaling over $50 million for the 2016 season. With over 7,300 acres, 300+ trails, 41 lifts, 6 terrain parks, one super pipe and one mini pipe, plus many diverse ski-in/ski-out and village adjacent lodging properties, Canyons Resort is an easily accessible, world-class mountain destination located in an authentic and historic western town.
Getting to Canyons
Deer Valley is located an easy 30 minute drive from the Salt Lake City Airport, which is serviced by over 700 flights a day from locations all over North America, making Salt Lake City so easy to get to!
Closest airport is Salt Lake City
Multiple daily flights from all major USA cities
Park City is just 4 miles away
Rental cars are available, although a car is not needed in Park City.
Airport Shuttles and Taxi’s are readily available from Salt Lake City to Park City.
On offer are frequent free bus services in and around the ski resorts of Park City, Canyons, and Deer Valley.
Canyons Ski School and Daycare
Canyons Ski School offers exciting programs and activities for skiers of all ages and abilities. Canyons ski instructors will help you excel and get more enjoyment from your vacation.
Ski Services available range from:
- Private Lessons
- Small Group Lessons
- Beginners Programs
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Canyons offers kid-friendly terrain and a wide variety of kid orientated ski school programs for all ages.
Ski Services Available range from:
- Children’s lessons and ski programs from age 2 years old, with a teacher ratio no greater than 3 to 1 for children ages 4-6 yrs
- Private lessons
- Specialty clinics
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
Friday and Saturday night child care for children 4 and up, who are potty trained.
Little Adventures Children’s Centre welcomes kids 6 weeks to 6 years of age. A state licensed child care facility providing fun, age-appropriate activities. Their unique location allows us to include a Gondola ride up the mountain to a sledding hill.
Note: reservations are required for all children’s services.
The above information is based on the 2012/13 ski season and is to be used as a guide only as it is subject to change at anytime
Accommodation at Canyons
Sundail Lodge – Superior ‘ski in/ski out’
In the heart of The Canyons Resort Village and located just steps from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial Lodge is a fantastic property, which offers affordable rates.
All rooms, from the studios to the family size, multi bedroom condominiums, are beautifully appointed and furnished. Sundial’s minimum standards include 5 GE Profile kitchen appliances including washer & dryer, dishware, coffee maker, video player, cable television and much more. Most condominiums have fireplaces and balconies and, most have at least one whirlpool bath and magical Rocky Mountain or village views.
• Standard and Deluxe Hotel Rooms
• 1,2,3 bedroom condominiums.
* Rooms went under a refurb in 2012 *
Grand Summit Hotel – Deluxe ‘ski in/ski out’
One of only a handful of AAA Four Diamond Resorts in Utah, the Grand Summit is located right in the center of the Canyons Resort Village. This ski in ski out lodge is purely focused on service and luxury, which makes this property one of Canyons fine lodging options.
Accommodation ranges from: studios, 1 to 3 bedroom condos, through to spacious penthouse suites. All rooms come with terry cloth robes, color televisions, down comforters, as well as coffee machines, irons, and hairdryers. Whilst most rooms also feature a balcony with stunning mountain views, full kitchens with premier appliances and granite counter-tops, fire places, whirl pool baths, as well as free wireless internet access.
• 1,2,3 bedroom luxurycondos
• Penthouse Suites
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.