SNOWBIRD SKI HOLIDAYS
Snowbird Ski Resort boasts an average of 500 inches of snow each year, a vertical drop of 3,240 feet, and over 2500 skiable terrain, and with these spectacular conditions, it’s no wonder Snowbird is home to many of the world’s top pro skiers, riders, and photographers. Snowbird has the largest vertical rise in Utah and is among the top ten in the nation, offering up some wildly challenging skiing and riding. Moreover, this stunning resort also has a plenty of intermediate and beginner terrain to keep guests of any ability busy for weeks.
This stunning resort is renowned for its abundance of light, dry, powder. Complimented with its quaint base mountain village setting offering just 4 lodges, 15 restaurants, 5 bars, and a massive staff dedicated to making your holiday memorable.
“Whilst Snowbird is renowned for its expert terrain, don’t let anyone talk you out of this resort, especially if you are a beginner or intermediate as there loads of trail to suit any skiing or snowboarding ability. Located down a secluded box canyon, the sheer beauty that this resort exudes is just one of 100 reasons I can give you to put this resort on your ‘must see and ski list’. Its charming, beautiful, well laid out, has an intimate but relaxed feel about it, and offers world-class Epic terrain and powder snow quality. You certainly know you’re somewhere special when you get to Snowbird, and that’s a promise!” – Shona AMPED
10 Top Reasons to
- Snowbird lift pass gives Skiers priority lift access letting them Ski more.
- Snowbird receives an average of 500 whopping inches of dry Powder per season
- The Little Cottonwood Canyon receives 40% more snow than Park City Area
- Snow quality – renowned for ‘The best powder on earth’ and regularly topping awards and votes for just that
- Easily accessible and located just 45 minutes from Salt Lake City International airport, and only 4 miles from Park City
- Intimate Village feel, you know you are somewhere special when you are at Snowbird
- Family friendly with Terrain suited to beginners through to expert
- Accommodation options offering 4 lodges, including one which is ski in/ski out (The Cliff Lodge)
- Progression – Snowbird offer an abundance of progression camps, group and private lessons
- Back-country specialists are available – offering Heli-Skiing and professional backcountry programs
Snowbird Facts & Stats
- Acreage: 2,500 acres
- Elevation: Top of resort: 11,00ft / 3,352m (Hidden Peak) Lowest point on mountain: 7,760ft / 2,365m (Baby Thunder)
- Runs: 169
- Longest Run: 2.5mi / 4km (Chip’s Run)
- Longest Descent: 3.5mi / 5.6km (Gad Valley)
- Terrain: 27% Beginner, 38% Intermediate, 35% Advanced/Expert
- Number of Lifts: 10 including 6 High-Speed Detachable Quads, 4 Doubles and 2 Conveyor lifts
- Uphill Capacity: 17,400 people p/hour
- Average Annual Snowfall: 500in / 12.7m
- Number of Restaurants: 15
- Number of Bars: 5
- Season: Mid-November to May (Utah’s longest ski and snowboard season)
Getting to Snowbird
Located among the rugged Wasatch Mountain range, and only a 45 minute drive away from the Salt Lake City international airport, the Snowbird resort is incredibly easy to access, and its position in the Mountain Ranges, means that it is constantly surrounded by other Snow Resorts, the closest of which being Alta
Closest airport is Salt Lake City
Multiple daily flights from all major USA cities
Snowbird is then a 45 minute drive away from the Salt Lake Airport
Rental cars are available, although a car is not needed in Snowbird.
Airport Shuttles and Taxi’s are readily available from Salt Lake City to Snowbird/ the Wasatch Mountain ranges
Private vehicle transfers are available at an extra upgrade cost.
There is a free bus service which runs between Alta & Snowbird, although it is walk-able also.
If you are planning on visiting a few resorts in this area, then you will need a car for ease of getting around.
Other Resort Activities
- Aerial Tram Rides
- Mountain Tours
- Night Skiing
- Snowmobile Tours
- Fly Fishing
- Backcountry Tours
- Avalanche Rescue Training Centre
- Backcountry Skills Courses
- Day trip to ‘other’ surrounding resorts
- Buy the Alta/Snowbird pass and ski both fields
- Shopping in Salt Lake City
Snowbird Ski School and Daycare
Snowbird’s Mountain School offers a plethora of instruction from class lessons through to backcountry, women’s, and progression ski and snowboard camps. Exciting stuff!!
Ski Services available range from:
- Private Lessons
- Small Group Lessons
- Beginners Programs
- Backcountry Lessons
- Women’s Lessons
- Specialist Camps
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
- Specialist child and teen focused/aged snow school
- Private lessons
- Children 6 and under ski the chairs free (tram upgrades are chargeable)
- Specialist camps
CHILDCARE SERVICES/ DAYCARE
Camp Snowbird is a state-licensed, fully staffed child-care centre, for children age 6 weeks to 12 years old. They offer full and half-day programs for kids, including skiing, lunch, activities and more. Advance reservations are required.
Accommodation at Snowbird
LODGE AT SNOWBIRD- Moderate
Located at Entry # 3, The Lodge at Snowbird offers a variety of bedroom and condominium units, just a short walk from the lifts, and the best location for quick access to the Snowbird tram. The Lodge Bistro Restaurant and Lounge serves French influenced cuisine at the Lodge at Snowbird.
Complimentary coffee, tea and newspapers are offered in the lobby, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi service throughout the hotel for guests. There is also a heated outdoor pool, hot tub, plus men and women’s saunas.
All units also have south facing balconies and mountain views, flat screen TVs with 70 channels, and some have HD.
- Studio with Loft
- 1 Bedroom Condominium
- 1 Bedroom Condominium with Loft.
The Inn- Moderate
The good value Inn accommodation facilities are located within a few steps from the lifts of Snowbird resort. Its units, except the bedrooms and north efficiencies, all include wood burning fireplaces. Year round amenities include a heated swimming pool, hot tub, co-ed steam room and exercise facility, and ski lockers for each condo. The Snowbird Centre is less than 200 yards from The Inn’s skier entry. Complimentary coffee and newspapers are offered daily in the lobby, and Wi-Fi is available throughout.
- Guest Room
- Studio (North or South)
- Efficiency Studio (no balcony or fireplace)
- Studio Loft
- 1 Bedroom Condominium.
The Cliff- Deluxe, Ski in/Ski out Accomodations
The Cliff Lodge offers its guests ‘ski-in and ski-out’ convenience, with amenities including an outdoor pool and hot tub complex with poolside snack bar, full service health spa (Cliff Spa), and children’s centre (Camp Snowbird).
This beautiful property also has three restaurants on site, and Wi-fi is available throughout the building. With 508 rooms, of which 162 of them are condominiums in the “Cliff Club”, which occupies the entire west wing of the Cliff Lodge.
- Guest Rooms (Mountain and Canyon view choice)
- 1 Bedroom Condominium
- 2 Bedroom Condominium
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.