VALLE NEVADO SKI HOLIDAYS
Tucked away in the pristine Andes of South America, Valle Nevado is one of the most modern Chilean ski resorts, complete with a European inspired ‘on mountain’ village.
With the highest elevation in the southern hemisphere, Valle Nevado is renowned for the dry, light powder that falls on its endless terrain and long runs.
The resort is located entirely above the tree line and is made up of expertly groomed runs, rolling terrain and gullies; combine that with excellent off-piste and world class heli-skiing and you really do have something for everyone!
Valle Nevado ski resort was built with the combined influence of French ski resorts and modern buildings, with an extensive infrastructure that includes restaurants, bars, a spa and a fitness centre, you will be just as entertained off the snow as you are on it. Furthermore, Valle Nevado offers a variety accommodation grades to suit any budget.
With incredible views of the Andes, Valle Nevado is the perfect place to enjoy an après-ski drink while watching a picturesque sun set over the mountains.
Top 10 Reasons to
Ski Valle Nevado
- World Champions: When it hits summer north of the equator Valle Nevado becomes the training ground for international ski teams. You’ll be rubbing shoulders with some of the worlds best in the lift line.
- Heli-Skiing: Valle Nevado has the best heli-skiing in South America, with 20,000 acres of big mountain terrain.
- The Vino: Plan your trip around the Chile Wine Festival, with events scheduled every evening.
- Powder: With its high altitude in the Andes, Valle Nevado has plentiful amounts of fluffy powder snow.
- Terrain: There’s everything here that you could ask for, from playful gullies to open groomers and fun cliffs.
- The Backcountry: Valle Nevado has a vast backcountry linking to neighbouring resorts opening up for deep chutes and long powder runs back to the resort.
- Ability Levels: Valle Nevado has suitable slopes for all abilities from beginner to expert.
- Language: The resort caters for English speaking guests as well as children through their childcare and ski school with English speaking tudors.
- IKON Pass: Valle Nevado is a destination included on the IKON pass so in purchasing this you also get access to 37 other ski resorts world wide.
- Size: Valle Nevado is the largest skiable area in the southern hemisphere.
Valle Nevado Facts & Stats
- Terrain: 7,000+ acres of lift serviced terrain
- Base Elevation: 2,860m / 9,383ft
- Summit Elevation: 3,670m / 12,040ft
- Vertical Drop: 810m / 2,657ft
- Terrain: 10% Beginner, 36% Intermediate, 33% Advanced, 21% Expert
- Lift System: 14 Lifts including 1 Gondola/Tram, 1 High Speed Quad, 1 Quad Chair, 2 Triple Chairs, 2 Double Chairs and 7 Surface Lifts.
- Trails: 44 Named Runs
- Snowmaking: 200 acres / 81 hectares
- Average Snowfall: 324in / 823cm
- Longest Run: 1.3mi / 2.1km
- Ski Season: Late June – Early October
- Total Capacity: 15,930 people per hour
- Average Temperature: 0C / 32F
Getting to Valle Nevado
Valle Nevado is located in the heart of the the spectacular Andes in South America at nearly 10,000 feet in altitude.
Valle Nevado is situated 44 miles (71km) from the Santiago Airport of which a large amount of airlines fly into on a regular schedule. Direct flights are available from Auckland Airport to Santiago.
The drive from Santiago to Valle Nevado in a 1hr40m to 2hr drive, however the road to Valle Nevado is narrow and winding. On busy weekends and holidays over the ski season the road is a one-way only.
A car is not necessary when staying at Valle Nevado as everything is located in a compact area within walking distance.
Other Resort Activities
- National Holiday Celebrations
- Snow Garden
- Heli Skiing
- Ski Randonnee
- Winery Tours
- Kids Games Room
- Day Spa
- Hot Tubs
Valle Nevado Ski School and Daycare
The Valle Nevado Ski & Snowboard school is the perfect place to learn for your first time or to perfect your technique
With more than 150 highly certified bilingual instructors you’ll be able to find something suitable for everyone.
Ski Services available include:
- Private Lessons
- Group Lessons
- Ski Randonnée
- Freestyle Lessons
- Competition Training
- Instruction for adaptive skiers
- Burton ‘Learn to Ride’ Snowboard Programmes
Valle Nevado Ski & Snowboard School is the easiest way for children to learn to ski. Suitable for ages 4 to 11, Kids Camp is taught by instructors who specialise in teaching children and have the motivation to keep the kids motivated and having fun.
All lessons begin at 11am with full and half day options available.
CHILD SERVICES / DAYCARE
Children from 3 to 7 years old are welcome at the resort day care. Located in Hotel Valle Nevado, parents can be at ease leaving their children with the daycare’s capable caregivers. The daycare offers a wide variety of activities with an entertaining program both inside and outside the hotel.
Accommodation at Valle Nevado
Hotel Valle Nevado
Hotel Valle Nevado offers high-end amenities and personalized service, making it the ski resorts most exclusive lodging choice. The hotel is located in the centre of the village with ski-in/ski-out access and outdoor balconies allowing guests to soak up beautiful panoramic views of the snowy peaks. The hotel has 51 spacious guestrooms, a gourmet onsite restaurant, a bar, a fitness centre and a spa.
ROOM OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- Standard Double Rooms
Hotel Puerta del Sol is the mid-range accommodation option at Valle Nevado, perfect for families!. All room either face north with outdoor terraces and a ski terrain view or south with a bay window and resort view. For families and groups the hotel offers interconnecting rooms and 2-story loft style rooms. Hotel Puerta del Sol is centrally located and features direct access to the outdoor pool, kids zone, internet centre, the Bar Puerta del Sol and the Mirador del Plomo restaurant.
ROOM OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- Double North Room
- Double South Room
- Double-Double North Room
- Double-Double Valley Room
- Double-Double South Room
- North Attic Room
- South Attic Room
Hotel Tres Puntas offers affordable lodging for resort guests with rooms that can comfortably sleep 2 to 6 people.This hotel is perfect for younger skiers and boarders, budget travelers and families seeking an affordable option. The hotel is just a two minute walk from the slopes and features the Pub Tres Puntas with nightly live music and the newly renovated Sur Restaurant, with panoramic windows and views.
ROOM OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- Double Room
- Triple Room
- Quadruple Room
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *