BANFF SKI HOLIDAYS
The beauty which beholds Banff’s National Park is nothing short of breath-taking, both winter and summer. Banff also has a great selection of modern amenities to include top class accommodation, restaurants and activities, which all attribute to making Banff a premier destination for authentic hospitality, mountain culture, relaxation, and of course epic skiing!
Spoilt for choice in this area with three spectacular Mountains on hand, Banff National Park comprises of Lake Louise, Mt Norquay, and Sunshine Village. A snow lover’s paradise with an annual snowfall of over 10 meters of champagne powder , this world heritage site offers up unforgettable terrain including: double and triple black diamond runs, glacier carved bowls, remote powder chutes, challenging mogul fields, park and pipe, and a great selection of learner facilities.
“For those nature lovers, here you can experience some fairly up close encounters with creatures which live inside the national park, to include the roaming elk which graze outside the front of your hotel. Don’t miss out on sampling Banffs natural hot springs, its an experience to remember and a great reward after a hard day on the snow!” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski Banff
- Ski a top resort: Sunshine Village was voted #1 in excellence for 2012 by the Canadian Ski
- 100% natural snow: Sunshine captures their snow, by way of snow fencing, instead of making it, and then shift it around. So nothing fake here!
- Snow quantity: Sunshine received a record breaking 10 metres (33 ft) of dry, fluffy powder in 2012.
- World class off piste: Delirium Devil is one of the world’s top 10 off-piste must-try runs.
- Massive Terrain: With over 4,200 ski-able acres of terrain geared for all levels of skiers and boarders, ranging from green, blue, and black/double black runs accessible from 4 faces of this mountain.
- Ski Multiple Resorts: Lake Louise, Sunshine, and Mt Norquay of Banff National Park are all on the tri area lift pass sold through AMPED.
- Lasting Season: Offering 7 months of skiing with a season running from November through to May each year
- Family Friendly: Offering a vast array of ski school activities to suit all ages and abilities Experience a natural springs surrounded by snow and the beauty of Banff National Park.
- Hot Springs: Relax after a hard day on the mountain in natural hot springs surrounded by snow.
- World Heritage Site: As Canada’s first national park and coveted UNESCO World Heritage Site, Banff is a combination of unspoilt wilderness, and vast mountainous peaks and lake.
Sunshine Mountain Facts & Stats
- Base Elevation: 5,440ft / 1,658m
- Summit Elevation: 8,954ft / 2,730m
- Vertical Drop: 3,510ft / 1,070m
- Longest Run: 5mi / 8km
- Terrain: 20% Beginner, 55% Intermediate, 25% Advanced
- Lifts: 12 Total including 1 Gondola, 6 High-Speed Quads, 1 Bubble-Heated Quad, 2 Quad Chairs and 2 Carpet Lifts
Norquay Mountain Facts & Stats
- Base Elevation: 5,350ft / 1,630m
- Peak Elevation: 6,998ft / 2,133m
- Vertical Drop: 1,650ft / 503m
- Longest Run: 1mi / 1.2km
- Terrain: Beginner 20%, Intermediate 36%, Advanced 28%, Expert 16%
- Lifts: 6 Total including 1 High-Speed Quad, 2 Quad Chairs, 1 Double Chair and 2 Surface Lifts
Getting to Banff
Both Sunshine Village and Mt Norquay are located just 15 minutes from the Town of Banff, and approximately 90 minutes’ drive from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
By air: Calgary International Airport is served by non-stop flights from all over the world, as well internal domestic flights, and trans boarder USA
Private vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost.
Rental cars are available ex Calgary airport.
Scheduled and private inter resort shuttles between Banff and Lake Louise run regularly and only take around 45 minutes to transfer between the two.
Getting around: No car is required at Banff National Park, however if you plan to explore and are looking to ski multiple resorts, then a rental car can be a good option to give you the freedom you require, without having to take public transport everywhere.
Regular return shuttles from Sunshine Village to Banff operate daily, plus a regular ski shuttle to Lake Louise Ski Area on selected days.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
Take a free guided tour with Sunshine’s friendly and well-informed Snow Hosts. They’ll share stories and experiences and let you in on some of Sunshine’s best-kept secrets. Tours are offered to intermediate skiers and riders (green/blue runs) and take place every day at noon. Gather a few minutes early outside the Old Sunshine Lodge (home of Mad Trapper’s Saloon).
Other Resort Activities
- Spa Services
- National Park Tours
- Hot Springs
- Winter Walks
- Ski Bike
- Visit nearby Lake Louise
- Dog Sledding
- Nordic Skiing
Banff Ski School and Daycare
Sunshine Village offers innovative beginner programs for those who are new to the sport, and for those experienced skiers and riders wanting to progress in their skill set.
Furthermore, they offer small group workshops and private sessions also.
Ski Services available range from:
- Private Lessons
- Small Group Lessons
- Beginners Programs
- Free rider Programs
- Jump Start Programs
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Sunshine Village also offer kid-friendly terrain, and dedicated ski pro’s.
Ski Services Available range from:
- Tiny Tigers Daycare: 19 months-6 years
- Tiny Tigers Ski & Play 3-6 years
- Kids Kampus Programs: 6-12 years (ability 1-5)
- First Timer Packages: 6 years and older (ability 1)
- Private Lessons
- Free rider Programs
- Jump Start Programs
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
Sunshine Village offer the Tiny Tigers Day Care centre for 19 months to 6 years old. Your children will enjoy a fun-filled day of outdoor/indoor on and off snow activities (age dependent).
Note: reservations are required for all children’s services
Accommodation at Banff
FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS – Central Banff Premium Hotel
Located in the heart of Banff National Park, this 125 year old beauty is a renowned landmark in the picturesque town of Banff, British Columbia, Canada.
A year-round luxurious mountain resort offering clients a championship golf course during the summer, unparalleled skiing in the winter, the award winning European-style Willow Stream Spa, and unparalleled dining experiences.
- Fairmont Room
- Fairmont View Room
- Junior Suite
- 1 Bedroom Suite
- 2 Bedroom Suite
SUNSHINE MOUNTAIN LODGE – Ski in/Ski out 5 Star Luxury On Mountain Hotel
Nestled high in the Canadian Rockies, and a part of this UNESCO World Heritage, Sunshine Mountain Lodge offers ‘the only’ ski in/ski out hotel location in the Mountain National Parks area.
This luxurious eco-boutique hotel offers delectable dining, opulent rooms and amenities, and a to die for location, being slope side at Sunshine Village Ski Resort.
Sunshine Mountain Lodge offers a broad range of rooms, ranging from affordably intimate and cosy to spectacular and sprawling suites ideal for families. All are decorated in a rustic mountain theme, but have luxury touches to ensure you are pampered after your day on the slopes.
FOX HOTEL & SUITES – Central Banff 4 Star Luxury
Perfectly located just of the main street of Banff, The Fox Hotel & Suites is a delightful 4 star property comprising of 16 hotel rooms, 1 and 2 bedroom suites, and all within a few minutes walk to the beautiful Banff township.
This property includes daily continental breakfast, there is a bar and restaurant on site, wireless internet, heated underground free parking, hot pools, and also they issue you with a complimentary Roam Bus passes for the Banff transit system for the life of your stay.
INNS OF BANFF – Central Banff 3 Star Moderate
Another Perfectly located property just off the main street of Banff, The Inns of Banff is a comfortable moderate property offering all the amenities you require on your ski holiday. This property comprises of simple hotel rooms with tea/coffee facilities, right through to 1,2,3,4 bedroom self contained condos, and also a selection of Cottages.
Onsite there is a bar, Japanese restaurant Miki, the Wildfire Grill, Bear’s Den Pub, wireless internet, gift shop, ski rental shop, free parking, indoor pool and sauna, and they also issue guests with complimentary Roam Bus passes for the Banff transit system for the life of your stay.
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.