TERMS, BOOKING CONDITIONS + GENERAL INFORMATION APPLYING TO YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS MADE WITH
AMPED Ski & Dive Ltd
TERMS, BOOKING CONDITIONS + GENERAL INFORMATION APPLYING TO YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS MADE WITH
COVID19 – IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING PRICING ON AMPED4SKI.CO.NZ & FUTURE TRAVEL
Due to the uncertainty around flight schedules, availability, and reliability of airlines and airfare costing structures, alongside the everyday changing face of supplier prices and products, please refer to the package prices on our website www.amped4ski.co.nz as a guide only – they are NO longer guaranteed. Furthermore, these prices are not being regularly updated, due to the challenges that COVID19 has bought to the industry, and are estimates, at best, and subject to a requote at the time of a client inquiry.
Furthermore, whilst AMPED is able to still represent and sell international packages, this does not mean that you, the customer, are automatically permitted to travel internationally as some countries’ borders are closed. Also, 14-day mandatory isolation may be required when arriving back into NZ, which is the responsibility of the traveler. AMPED, therefore, takes no responsibility for customers’ visa or entry permits at any time when traveling, and you must seek consulate advice prior to making your bookings and paying money.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully to ensure that you understand our contract of engagement. By paying us (AMPED) your quote and/or booking deposit, we understand that you have read and accepted the following conditions.
An initial non-refundable deposit of $300.00 per family is required to be paid prior to any quote being provided by AMPED. This will be held on file and paid towards your holiday package booking, which the quote/s is being created for.
If at any time the customer decides not to book their holiday package with AMPED in the same season the quote/s have been prepared for, then AMPED will retain the initial quote deposit as part of their fee to cover their time for providing options and a detailed travel proposal. Quote deposits are non-transferable.
To proceed with a quote, please complete the above portion of this form, and forward back to your consultant firstname.lastname@example.org .
The definition of a holiday quote, which is then converted into a booking, includes: international flights, accommodation, lift passes, and transfers or rental car, plus any other additional requirements the customer requires on top of these fundamental components.
Further Booking Deposits
A further booking deposit is required when you would like us to go ahead with your holiday booking.
$1500.00 per adult land deposit, due at time of booking
$1000.00 per child land deposit, due at time of booking
$ *TBA per child deposit, due at time of booking – ski racer placement
* Full ski racer placement cost is required and will be advised at time of booking. This is a non-refundable payment *
$1000.00 per adult land deposit, due at time of booking
$ 500.00 per child land deposit, due at time of booking
Certain suppliers may also require an additional deposit or booking fee before they will accept a booking request – and we will advise if/when this happens.
Airlines also require full payment for flights to secure those being held, and they will be in addition to the below. Until ticketed, airfares and taxes are subject to airline cancellation and cost increase, this is out of AMPED’s control. Please ensure you send us your passport also at the time off booking and when making your deposit payments.
Your booking deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. Should you decide to no longer proceed with your booking at any time, and for any reason, this is not a reason for your deposit/payments to be refunded. Upon making your deposit to AMPED, it is agreed that you have read and understood our terms and conditions in full and agree to abide by these terms. You are required to send us a signed and completed copy of AMPEDs terms and conditions form at the time of booking and paying your deposit and/or airfares. Failure to do so will not exempt you from any part of the enclosed terms and conditions.
The currency of your deposit is due in the currency in which we have quoted your booking arrangements in. i.e. either AUD or NZD respectively. Any questions about this, please contact the team at AMPED for clarity.
- Full and final payment is due 90 days prior to your departure please
- All Cheques to be made payable to AMPED Ski & Dive Ltd
- We require a direct bank transfer if paying within 2 weeks of departure date
- Late payment fee: $150.00 per booking
- Full payments are non-refundable once paid
Your booking is subject to currency fluctuations and changes, and this regrettably is out of AMPED’s control. Until your travel package is fully paid, you are NOT safeguarded against surcharges due to currency decline. Any increases will be recalculated by AMPED and a revised invoice will be sent out for the additional collection on your booking. AMPED is not required to give customers any forewarning of possible increases, it is the customers’ responsibility to keep an eye on the exchange rates and manage the risk. The company will not give any discount to a booking should bank rates strengthen at any time.
* Please CALL us on the day you plan to make your final payment, as we will need to recalculate your package on that day to reflect the current exchange rates and if there has been any decline since booking *
Please ensure you are covered by a valid Travel Insurance policy at the time of booking, as this may give you a course of recall on cancellation and agency fees that occurred in times of cancellation. Note: many insurance options exclude pandemics and epidemics.
PAYMENTS BY CREDIT CARD
AMPED acts as a travel agent on behalf of its principals and suppliers (refer to “Responsibilities” section). If paying for your holiday with your credit card, once AMPED has forwarded your funds on your behalf to the principal(s), your contract is with the principal(s).
Should there be a financial collapse of an airline or principal/supplier, your remedy for getting a refund on funds paid to them lies between you and the principal.
By paying AMPED using your credit card, you agree not to reverse the credit card charge/s at any time, which would leave AMPED carrying the financial loss. You also agree that AMPED can claim full court costs and legal fees from you (the client), should any reversal of the credit card payments take place. Once a credit card charge has been transacted by AMPED, client funds are unequivocally authorized to AMPED Ski & Dive Ltd, and unable to be taken back for any reason.
The customer is liable for all credit card fees that apply. The company will bill these fees, in addition to, and at the time of the credit card charge, and for each individual credit card transaction made.
By paying AMPED any funds, whether it be a deposit, airfare payment, or full and final payment, this is confirmation that you have read, understood, and accepted AMPED’s terms and conditions of booking. For your reference the most up-to-date copy of the company booking policies are found on our website www.amped4ski.co.nz/terms-conditions. Whilst we send you also a copy of our terms and conditions as part of our booking form, which you are required to complete and return at the time of booking. AMPED will, from time to time, update our policy wording, and the customer is bound by that which is stated on our website.
Failure to complete and forward back our terms and conditions form will result in AMPED being unable to send out your travel document, and we will bear no responsibility for any losses in these circumstances. It is your responsibility to get these to us, and in a timely manner as stated, at the time of booking. Furthermore, we are unable to issue your airlines tickets until we have copies of everyone’s passports.
Once a customer accepts AMPED’s terms and conditions, by way of paying a deposit or money to AMPED, and/or by signing the form, one time, the customer is therefore bound on all their current bookings and future bookings. The company does not require the customer to sign new terms and conditions form for each booking.
COVID19 IMPORTANT NOTES
Should your travel arrangements be affected by a COVID19 level change or lockdown, the team at AMPED are here to help you to the best of our abilities. Refunds and rebooking policies are driven by the suppliers within your itinerary, and AMPED will adhere to their policies as advised at the time of disruption. It is therefore not guaranteed that you will get a partial or full refund, nor the ability to rebook within the same season, COVID, and travel lockdown/dates dependent. In the case where bookings can be reestablished, and at no additional cost, then AMPED will assist as required to do so but have the right to charge amendment fees for their time. Please refer to our terms and conditions https://www.amped4ski.co.nz/terms-conditions for full details of AMPED’s change and cancellation fees and policies, in addition to the suppliers which make up your itinerary. Airlines are in the habit of issuing credits for future use, and this is at their discretion that they do so. If there are any additional costs incurred at the time of rebooking i.e. Upgrades or price increases, these costs the customers to pay at the time of rebooking, and out of AMPEP’s control.
Shared Transfers: Customers booked or quoted on shared-ride services may, at any point in time, be required to pay for an upgrade to a private vehicle transfer as an acceptable alternative to that which is currently booked or quoted as part of your itinerary. This is out of AMPED’s control, and we will make you aware if or when this happens. The wearing of masks may also be a requirement when on a transport service, and we ask that you follow the strict guidelines as set out by our suppliers when required.
Accommodation Services: Accommodations in quotes and bookings may alter without notice, due to restraints on accommodation providers by government and local bodies. Buffet breakfasts may not be on offer, and certain services and areas of accommodations may be unavailable, and without notice.
On Mountain & Tour Services: Suppliers are required to run safe operations, with health and wellbeing at the forefront of their operations. Due to the nature of virus outbreaks such as COVID19 suppliers may at any time and without warning, alter, cancel or change their approach to the services that they provide.
Whilst AMPED will do its best to provide you with updates and advice around changes, it is the customers’ responsibility to also refer to each accommodation and supplier’s individual websites for their most up-to-date notices. Suppliers do everything possible to ensure the safety and well-being of customers but are bound by the regulations of the government, state, and city rulings. AMPED will therefore not be responsible for any additional costs incurred, or inconveniences caused to customers, due to a supplier’s policy change and further restrictions on previous offerings, at either short notice or without notice.
- International travel: An amendment fee of $100 per person will apply to all changes and alterations made by customers to their travel arrangements with AMPED.
- Domestic travel: An amendment fee of $100 per person will apply to all changes and alterations made by customers to their travel arrangements with AMPED.
Amendment fees can be charged by the company multiple times, and applicable to any change/s made during a customer’s booking process, pre or post confirmation of their travel arrangements, to include changes bought around by COVID19, despite being out of the customer’s control.
In addition to AMPED’s change fees, the customer will also be required to pay any fees or costs that airlines, consolidators, operators, or suppliers impose at the time of amendment/change.
All fees are required to be paid at the time of amendment and are subject to credit card surcharges. Amendment fees are non-refundable and non-transferable at any time.
- AMPED charges a $50 per person airline ticketing fee as part of your holiday package quote. This is a non-refundable and non-transferable fee.
- AMPED charges a $50 per person service fee on airline tickets that require reissuing or revalidation for any reason, which includes name changes, airline reschedules, or flight schedule disrupts, including COVID19 disruptions. This must be prepaid prior to the reissuing of tickets and is a non-refundable/non-transferable fee. This fee can be charged multiple times and charged on top of any amendment fees.
- AMPED charges $100 per hour service fee for the assistance and involvement in a customer’s visa & travel documentation process. This fee is automatically added to your holiday package cost if/when the requirement is requested from the customer and is required to be paid in addition to your holiday package cost prior to your documents being issued. This is a non-refundable/non-transferable fee.
- AMPED charges a $100 hourly fee, with a minimum fee of $100, to arrange customers’ AIRPOINTS tickets and/or to engage with the airline to complete ticketing or a booking.
In the event you need to cancel your Holiday Arrangements we request you advise us in writing, immediately. You must also call us to follow up on your cancellation request to ensure we have received it. Cancellation fees will be charged as usual in the case of COVID19 disruptions, despite being out of the customer’s controls.
- Deciding to not proceed to a booking after a customer pays the initial quote deposit of $300 per family, will result in the customer forfeiting in full their deposit payment to AMPED. Quote deposits are totally non-refundable.
- Cancellation of Travel Arrangements 61 or more days prior to departure incurs a fee of $1500 per person AMPED fee (international bookings), and a fee of $150 per person AMPED fee (NZ domestic bookings), plus any fees or losses incurred by the company on booked or proposed Airline, Consolidator or Operator arrangements. This includes any losses on agency commissions, foreign exchange payments and FX rate changes when receiving money back from offshore suppliers. Fees combined between AMPED and the supplier/s may be as high as a 100% cancellation fee, which AMPED have the right to charge and retain, without contest.
- Cancellations made within 60 days of departure will incur and will be applied on top of those stated above under cancellations point 1, of a further $500 per person AMPED cancellation fee, retainment of all agency commissions either due or already paid which are included in your travel and/or package costs, credit card fees/surcharges, agency booking and/or miscellaneous fees, plus any additional fees or loses incurred by the company on booked or proposed airline, consolidator and/or supplier arrangements. These fees combined may be as high as a 100% cancellation fee, and at the discretion of the agency.
- Should your Ski Racer Placement/s on the ‘Aylwin Alpine Academy Camp’ for any reason be cancelled, you are advised that all bookings and payments are totally non-refundable, non-transferable, and no refund is due back at any time.
- All fees, as stated in this agreement, are fully non-refundable, non-transferable.
- COVID-19 and borders closures are out of the control of AMPED. However, we are your dedicated travel provider and are therefore here to support you in times of need. Every airline and supplier has their own policies pertaining to COVID19 and change regularly. Should anything arise during your booking process or while you are away on holiday, then AMPED will be here to assist. Part of our service is to help you navigate through cancellation and amendments, which may result in fees and/or holiday credits, rather than actual refunds from suppliers and airlines. AMPED will evaluate these case by case and advise customers accordingly. Most suppliers’ COVID19 policies are detailed for clarity on their websites, so please make yourself aware of those at the time of booking. AMPED reserve the right to charge service fees, as detailed above.
- The company is not responsible for any failure to perform its obligations under this contract if it is prevented or delayed in performing those obligations by an event of force majeure. This refers to global or national events and crisis caused by such events as acts of god, bad weather, earthquake, volcanic eruption or activity, fire, typhoon, cyclone, hurricane, flooding, tsunami/tidal wave, terrorism and attacks, war, pandemics, epidemic, country border restrictions or closed/closing, government intervention, global and/or national financial crisis, lightning, explosions, riots, war, injury, ski or holiday resort closures, and any form of personal damage or hurt.
- AMPED as an agency has the right to charge the above cancellation and amendment fees at any time, including when a client cancels or is forced to cancel (i.e. cannot travel) their travel arrangements, even during times out of their control. This refers to booked and confirmed arrangements, and/or when money has been deposited into the company account with the intention of booking. It is the company right to hold money paid by a customer, and only offer an option for customers to transfer remaining parts of those funds, once cancellation or amendment fees have been taken out, into a travel credit to be held with the company, with the requirement to be used within 12 months from their original travel date, as a suitable alternative than the company being required to pay any refund back. This clause is at the discretion of the company which holds the right to charge a re-establishment fee of $500 per person in doing so. When a credit is on offer the company will send out as part of the credit arrangement, terms, and conditions specific to the money being held in credit, at the time. Once a credit has been arranged with the customer, this becomes fully non-refundable, and only available to be used towards airfare and full land package booked through AMPED, or a similar holiday package to that which the credit came from originally. In the event whereby a customer holds money in credit from an air and land package and asks to use the credit on an airfare-only booking, this would not be deemed as a suitable ‘similar holiday package’ booking, and the request would be denied by the company. Credits are non-interest bearing to the customer.
There is no recourse for a customer in these situations, and the company always has the right to charge amendment and cancellation fees, as stated, and without notice.
If the case where a refund is due, this will only be available to the customer after AMPED has received the monies back from the airline/supplier involved. The company will only pay one refund payment, not a multiple of several as money comes back to the company.
If you require more information about these fees, please do not hesitate to ask us. All fees are required to be paid at the time of change/cancellation and subject to credit card surcharges as usual.
Should you change your mind about your travel arrangements at any time, this is not a reason for refund, and cancellation fees/policies above apply. Should there be fees involved, which include legal fees incurred on AMPED in the efforts to obtain all money due by clients on their committed travel plans, then AMPED reserve the right to apply through the courts for all outstanding monies, as well as the reimbursement of all costs and losses incurred to the company, during the process of doing so.
AMPED is a Travel Agent and in that capacity, we offer for sale various products and/or services. This is on behalf of airlines, Transport Operators, accommodation providers, and all other principal suppliers. These are referred to throughout as “the Principal(s)”.
Our services consist of arranging and coordinating the services offered by the Principals. We are instrumental in bringing about a direct contractual relationship between you, the customer, and the principal. We undertake to perform these services with reasonable care and skill, but we cannot, and do not, guarantee the performance of the functions offered by the Principals. We will not be liable if you, the customer, suffer loss, injury, or disappointment by reason of any acts or failures of any Principal. By signing this document, you agree not to take any action against AMPED for the collapse of any Principal or their failure to provide a service, under any circumstance. In any such case, your remedy will lie with the Principal.
Note: While we make every effort to sell only products, we have personally experienced and can recommend, we accept no liability for any acts or failures of these products. You should be aware that the brochures we supply to you and the information on our website are supplied to us by the Principals. The statements and representations contained in such information are not ours but are made by the Principals. We accept no liability for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations contained in such information, or by the ‘Principals’ documentation. By signing below, you agree to the above conditions.
CHECK YOUR FLIGHT SCHEDULE NOW!
Please ensure you have checked the above flight schedule, and all connecting flight times and feel comfortable with what has been arranged. Whilst we only sell our clients onto flights that are within the Airlines’s minimum connecting times, some clients prefer to allow more time between connections. If this is the case for you, then please ensure you let us know immediately. Change fees/airline reissue fees will be at your cost once we have issued your airline tickets.
If you are holding air tickets that have been purchased separately from one another, then you will be required to re-check your bags at each arrival point of your flight journey as there is no through checking allowed by the airlines. You will need to ensure that you leave extra time between flights to allow for the necessary airline check-in procedures and would suggest that you speak to the airlines involved for more information pertaining to your circumstances.
On occasion, the airlines’ schedule changes their flights, which is outside of our control. Should an airline change, you are bound by the airline’s change and cancellation policies, and AMPED also has the right to charge our own cancellation and amendment fees, as stated above.
SKI RACER/CHAPERONE RESPONSIBILITIES
There will be a requirement for each ski racer to sign an AMPED/Aylwin Alpine Academy ‘Waiver & Release Form’, as well as a Ski Resort waiver form prior to travel or while in the resort. Failure or refusal to sign these waivers will result in your Athlete not being able to partake in the Camp as planned, and no refund will be given.
Communication between the coaches and the ski racer/freestyle athletes to the rules and terms as set down by Brad Alywin which are to be followed during the Aylwin Alpine Academy Ski/Snowboarding Camps. Failure to comply could result in being removed from the program, and no refund will be given.
In the case of Brad/Coaches Chaperoning your child overseas, please ensure that your child is aware that there will be house rules and curfews in place, as set by Brad, and your child is expected to always abide by those. Failure to comply could result in them being removed from the program, with no refund given.
All Ski/Snowboard athletes are expected, under the guidance of Brad and Coaches, to assist with the setting and pulling down of the lane/course daily. This is a great team-building exercise, and an important one for your child to partake in, when necessary.
CHANGING HOLIDAY PACKAGE TO AIR ONLY
At any point in time whereby we have quoted you airfares, it is understood that you will take these as part of a holiday package, which includes accommodation, transfers, and lift passes. If at any time you decide not to proceed with booking a holiday package through AMPED, a $50 per person surcharge will be incurred, and you will be required to pay this in addition to the airfares quoted to you at any point in time. AMPED is a Travel Agent specializing in ski holiday packages and therefore quotes competitive airfares on the understanding that these will be purchased as part of a holiday bundle.
It is a passenger’s responsibility to ensure that they hold all the relevant documentation required for their journey, including re-entry permits. Whilst AMPED can advise clients when asked in regard to the required visas and passport validities, AMPED is not a consulate. Customers must therefore always seek independent advice around this subject, and therefore agree that AMPED will not be held responsible in any way should they (the customer) not be holding the right documentation for their travels. Any queries, please contact the relevant consulate directly for information.
TRAVEL TO/FROM OR TRANSIT THE USA, CANADA & JAPAN
- You MUST have a machine-readable NZ passport.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- You must hold a vaccine passport as issued by the NZ Government
- Must of completed any attestation or departure/arrival forms as required at the time of travel
- You DO NOT require 6 months validity in your NZ Passport for travel to USA/Canada/Japan – BUT it must be valid for the entire duration of your holiday and your return home. AMPED however suggests you have a minimum of 1-month validity to avoid any delays or hold-ups at the airport. You are responsible for your passport requirements, and we suggest you check the relevant consulate guidelines to confirm your passport requirements, AMPED will not be responsible should you be denied boarding onto your flights in the cases of an invalid passport.
- Important: If you have any sort of criminal convictions, regardless of where you are planning to travel to, then you must speak directly with the relevant consulate to determine if or not you can travel into the countries you are planning to visit and confirm the visa application process and requirements. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they hold all the relevant entry/re-entry permits and visas for travel. AMPED will take no responsibility if you are denied entry into a country, or on your visa application. Visas can take months to obtain, please, therefore, ensure you have all your documentation in place prior to paying your deposits, as deposits are non-refundable.
IATA TRAVEL PASS
The IATA Travel Pass is a mobile application allowing travelers to store and manage verified certifications for COVID-19 tests or vaccines so that it can be shared with border authorities simply and securely.
How the IATA Travel Pass works
The IATA Travel Pass helps you travel at ease while meeting government requirements for COVID-19 tests or vaccines. It encompasses:
- Global registry of health requirements – to find accurate information on travel, testing and vaccine requirements for journeys
- Lab app – to locate authorized labs and test centers to securely share test and vaccination certificates
- Digital passport module – you can create a ‘digital passport’, receive test and/or vaccination certificates and verify that they are sufficient for your itinerary, and share testing or vaccination certificates with airlines and authorities.
Governments decide the requirements to travel; airlines and passengers need to comply
Traditionally there have been visa and vaccination requirements in many countries. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic governments have imposed additional restrictions: quarantine measures, testing requirements and eventually vaccination requirements. IATA Travel Pass is a tool for travelers with the ability to communicate with governments, airlines, and test centers/vaccination providers to get verified information to those who need it in a safe and secure manner.
Download the IATA Travel Pass App
Important: the IATA Travel Pass App can only be used if your airline is part of the Travel Pass program. Instructions to use the App is provided by the participating airlines after you have purchased your ticket.
CANADA Travel or Stopovers
If you are traveling on a New Zealand or Australian passport you do not need a visa for Canada, unless you have special circumstances such as criminal convictions. However Visa-exempt foreign nationals, which includes New Zealand passport holders, are required to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada, starting March 15, 2016, and applications can be made at https://canada.ca/eTA prior to your departure on holiday. Failure to hold an eTA and you will be refused entry into Canada.
If you are a resident of or hold dual Canadian Citizenship, you MUST hold a Canadian Passport to enter into Canada, no exceptions, traveling on your New Zealand passport is now prohibited. This law came into effect on 01 February, and no temporary waivers will be granted. Applications can be made at https://canada.ca/eTA, and we would recommend that you apply at least 2 months prior to your planned departure from New Zealand.
Furthermore, you must use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information before and after your entry into Canada. It only takes minutes to help keep each other safe. Available for iOS, Android and web. The mobile app is free and is available in English, French and Spanish (displayed in the language of your device). Download the latest version of ArriveCAN or click ‘update’ in your app store.
Be cautious of third-party, fraudulent web pages and apps that may be posing as ArriveCAN and asking you for payment. If you encounter a suspicious webpage or app that appears to be posing as ArriveCAN, please file a report with the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre immediately. ArriveCAN is free and secure and is the official Government of Canada platform to provide your information when entering Canada.
For more information on Canada travel, testing, and border requirements during COVID-19, refer to https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
USA Travel or Stopovers
All persons traveling to or transiting through USA must complete an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization). It is recommended that you apply for ESTA at the time you book your travel, and your application must be completed no less than 72 hours prior to departure. Instant approvals are no longer available. Failure to do so may result in being denied boarding at the airport, experiencing delayed processing, or being denied admission to a US port of entry. Please Note: There will be a fee that is paid directly at the time of application. Information on this requirement, plus the application form, can be found on the ESTA website: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
Furthermore, all air passengers must complete a ‘combined passenger disclosure and attestation’ relating to Proof of Negative COVID-19 test result or recovery from COVID19, and required proof of COVID19 vaccination, prior to arrival into the USA. Information and instructions are found https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-proof-negative-test.html
AIRLINE RESCHEDULED FLIGHTS
We are not an Airline and can’t take responsibility for airline flight reschedules, or any disruption or additional costs you may incur as a result. AMPED reserve the right to charge amendment and cancellation fees, regardless of the cause being an airline reschedule or flight disruption. Customers may be covered by Travel Insurance, and you are advised to call your insurance company immediately to discuss your options and ability to claim.
If you are unable to complete or use all your pre-paid services due to bad weather, travel delays or illness, or any unforeseen event, you must obtain written advice from the principal. No refunds will be given unless you have arranged written consent from the principals. You can then make a claim on your travel insurance.
AIRLINE FREQUENT FLYER PROGRAM
Please advise us of any airline membership numbers prior to travel. You must retain all boarding passes and copies of tickets to claim any points not credited to the account. AMPED are not responsible should your mileage not be automatically credited, this is between you and the airline/s.
AIRLINE PREPAID SEATING
Once airline tickets are issued, customers can now go online and select their seating. Many airlines offer ‘preferred’ seating options such as exit row, bulkhead and forward cabin options, which are chargeable extras, and not included in your booking, unless requested and charged accordingly. To preseat you will need your booking reference number, then proceed to the airlines’ webpage to confirm and prepay your seating. If you don’t hold your booking number, ask AMPED for these immediately.
Air New Zealand no longer offers FREE Seating since mid-2019, and customers will need to pay for seating online, regardless of where it is on the aeroplane. Some exceptions are Air NZ status members. Please check your status at https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints for details of what inclusions your membership holds.
All airlines operate on their own rules and regulations around baggage allowance, baggage handling, conditions of carriage, and extra charges, which are over and above the cost of your airline ticket. AMPED will, where possible, advise you of the allowance permitted. However, it is the customers’ responsibility to abide by each airline’s policy. It is agreed that you will not hold AMPED accountable for any extra charges incurred by the airlines over your baggage. Customers are to refer to an airline’s respective website for information on check-in and carry-on luggage conditions and costs.
KORU MEMBER PRIVILEGES
It is important to note that Koru members’ privileges come with restrictions, and customers are advised to talk directly with Air New Zealand to understand these fully, especially when there are partner airline flights that are not owned or operated by Air New Zealand. Please, therefore, refer to https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/koru-benefits for full disclosure of Koru membership policies. Extra membership and baggage privileges are only valid on-Air New Zealand-owned, operated, and ticketed flights, and where your fare includes a checked bag. Furthermore, Air New Zealand baggage rules apply.
Any changes on a flight that has a skycouch product attached can result in the skycouch being lost off your booking, and this is an issue with the airline, not AMPED. Once ticketed and skycouch are purchased, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that their skycouch product is still intact. Or contact the airline to check on the status of this product for reassurance when traveling. AMPED will do everything it can to ensure that your booking is not disrupted, however, once you have started traveling, it is particularly important that the customer keeps a close eye on their booking to ensure any change is managed, and the integrity of your booking is uncompromised.
IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
Should you have a complaint, please immediately inform the Principal or AMPED Ski & Dive Ltd, who will do their best to help you while you are away. If, in the unlikely event that you require urgent action, please call us collect. Otherwise, claims must be made in writing within seven days of your return.