REVELSTOKE SKI HOLIDAYS
Boasting the most vertical in North America, for decades Revelstoke has been luring skiers and boarders in from all over the globe with its promise of pristine powder conditions, and gnarly steep and deep terrain.
Originally only being serviced by Selkirk Tangiers heli operation, Revelstoke has over the recent years developed significantly in regards to on snow facilities and accessibility, and is now the only resort world-wide to offer lift, cat, heli, and backcountry skiing, all from a single village base.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort is beyond epic with its 3,121 acres of fall line skiing, 2 alpine bowls, 15 acres of gladded and groomed terrain, 16 lifts, a longest run length of 15.2 kms, and a whopping 9-14 metres of powder every season. Furthermore, Revelstoke is greatly complimented by the continuing heli services offered by renowned Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing operation, and their exclusive half a million acres of terrain over the Selkirk and Monashee Mountains. With Selkirk the term ‘in over your head’ is sure to take on a whole new meaning!
“Renown for catering to intermediate to expert skiers and riders, however this resort offers something for everyone, learners too! Revelstoke is definitely a known ‘Hotspot’ for those hungry for steep and deep, and also over your head Powder. Get your kicks in this regions abundance of dry fluffy POW, and cut in new tracks daily with some of the most exhilarating heli skiing you’ll ever experience with Selkirk Tangiers Heli-skiing.” Shona – Amped
- 10 Reasons to Ski Revelstoke
- Facts & Stats
- Getting to Revelstoke
- Tours & Activities
- Ski School & Daycare
10 Top Reasons to Ski Revelstoke
- Steep and Deep: Ski North America’s BIGGEST vertical mountain
- Seek and Conquer: Enjoy this mountain with fellow snow lovers who are serious about ‘Snowsports’
- Get better ski stories: Revelstoke will certainly give you some well deserved bragging rights, and enthralling stories
- Snowfall: With 9-14 Metres of dry Canadian Powder each season, you’ll be in over your head before you know it!
- Terrain: Challenging steeps over 3121 acres of phenomenal terrain
- Off the beaten track: Revelstoke is located in the heart of British Columbia, so not a popular spot for the weekend warrior
- Untouched: Revelstoke has claim to be the next up and coming resort, however its town and base mountain village is still small and quaint
- Heli Skiing: Selkirk Tangiers are a world reknown operation and a must do at Revelstoke! CAT Skiing is also available at Revelstoke.
- Affordable: Accommodations range from backpacker/pub style, to 4 star on mountain
- Glades Galore: Enjoy amazing glade skiing here at RMR
Revelstoke Facts & Stats
- Terrain: 1,263 hectares / 3,121 acres
- Terrain Difficulty: 7% Beginner, 45.5% Intermediate, 47.5% Advanced
- Runs & Areas: 75
- Longest Run: 9.5mi / 15.2km (The Last Spike)
- Bowls: 4 alpine bowls (South Bowl, North Bowl, Powder Assault and Greely Bowl)
- Lift-Accessed Vertical: 5,620ft / 1,713m
- Lift-Top Elevation: 7,300ft / 2,225m (The Stoke Chair)
- Base Elevation: 1,680ft / 512m (The Sutton Place Hotel)
- Sub Peak Elevation: 7,677ft / 2,340m
- Mt. Mackenzie Summit: 8,058ft / 2,466m
- Annual Snowfall: 34.4ft / 10.5m (Revelstoke Mountain Resort), 40-60ft / 12-18m (Selkirk Mountains)
Getting to Revelstoke
Revelstoke is located just 197 kms from Kelowna International Airport, 212 kms from Kamloops Airport, which is around 2 hours 40 minutes from Airport to resort. Or, 424 kms from Calgary International Airport.
Same day connections from international flights ex NZ and Australia are available, dependant however on your international flight arrival time into Vancouver. Direct flights from LAX to Kelowna are also now available.
Private vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost, as well as rental cars are available ex Kewlona and Calgary airports. A rental car is total unnecessary unless you are planning on tripping around \’other resorts\’.
Scheduled resort shuttles transfer guests to Revelstoke and operate at set times from select airports.
Once at RMR and depending on where you are staying, there is always easy town/mountain shuttles to get you to/from the mountain and the township. Taxi\’s are also available.
Revelstoke Ski School and Daycare
The pro\’s at Revelstoke Mountain Resort are dedicated to providing you with high quality on snow education and snow sports programs that suit children, teens, and adults of all ability. Whilst Revelstoke is predominantly for intermediate levels and up, there is still 7% beginners terrain and learning area, making this mountain resort suitable still for families.
Whether you are looking to tweak your skiing, snowboarding, ski-touring, split board or telemarketing skills, RMR has the perfect pro skier suited to your needs.
For skiers and snowboarders aged 12 years and older, RMR have many private and group options to suit your ability and schedule.
Also available are private lessons which can include preparation lessons which are aimed at getting you ready to kick off your heli skiing or off piste adventure.
FIRST TIME SKIERS – Discover package
- Revelstoke offer a first time skier or snowboarder package including lift, equipment, and a 2 hour lesson – wahoo!
- Also available is the next step with the Discover 2.0 package. This is the next step in your progression to learning skiing or snowboarding, and again includes your 2 hour lesson, lift, and gear rental.
Revelstoke offer a few options for children:
- FULL DAY LESSON: which includes lunch and access to Kids\’ ROCK from 8.30am-3.00pm, and the maximum size is six per instructor. Ages are 5 yrs+ for skiers, or 8 yrs+ for boarders.
- HALF DAY LESSON: Run 9am-12pm or 12.30-3pm, which includes lunch and access to Kids\’ ROCK from 8.30am-3.00pm, and the maximum size is six per instructor. Ages are 5 yrs+ for skiers, or 8 yrs+ for boarders.
- PRIVATE LESSONS: Choices here for kids are a one hour private or a 2 hour private. Ages are 3 yrs+ for skiers, or 8 yrs+ for boarders.
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
Mountain Child Care is caters for children aged from 18 months, up to 6 years of age, and offers a fun and exciting place for your youngster to learn and meet new friends during their time at Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
Half day and full day options are available, and there is also the option to include either a 2 1/2 hour group lesson, or a 1 hour private lesson.
Accommodation at Revelstoke
HOTEL – Deluxe ‘in town’ property
Sandman Hotel is centrally located hotel down in Revelstoke township, and provides easy access to Revelstoke Mountain Resort, which is just 6 km up the road
Facilities: 2 indoor pools & whirlpools, complimentary WiFi, Denny’s Restaurant and fitness facilities.
Rooms available are:
- Standard Hotel Room: 260 square feet which includes 2 Queen Beds, 32 inch Flat Screen TV, Bathtub with Shower
- Corporate Queen Room: 333 square feet with 1 Queen Bed, Couch, Table and 2 Chairs, 32″ Flat Screen, Kitchenette with a Small Fridge, Microwave, Cook-top, Dishes, Bathtub with Shower
HOTEL – Deluxe ‘ski in/ski out’ On Mountain property
The Sutton Place Hotel is the only ski in/ski out property currently at Revelstoke Mountain Resort, located at the new village base area of Revelstoke. It offers stunning accommodations and world class amenities, all at the base of this unbelievable mountain!
A smoke-free property features 222 guest rooms and suites, three on-site dining options of a wok/bar/grill, The Village Tavern, and La Baguette. This property is only 10 minutes from downtown Revelstoke.
Rooms available are:
- Studio Suites: 1 x king bed + 1 x pull out sofa, kitchenette with Small Fridge with Freezer, Microwave, Cook-Top, Dishwasher, Sink, Blender, Coffee Maker, Coffee, Tea, Jug, Toaster, Cookware, Tableware.
- 1,2,3 bedroom Condos: All with full kitchen facilities
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.