SUN PEAKS SKI HOLIDAYS
Located in the heart of the British Columbia’s interior and just 50km (45 minute drive) northeast of Kamloops, lies Canada’s third largest ski resort Sun Peaks. Made up of three mountains centred round a majestic Alpine Village, Sun Peaks is a mecca for those in search of a true ‘ski in/ski out’ experience!
British Columbia Interior being known for its light, dry, ‘easy-to-ski’ powder, accompanied with Sun Peaks vast variety of terrain, there is absolutely no doubt that there is something at Sun Peaks to suite everyone!
Canada’s 2nd largest ski resort, Sun Peaks boasts a modern, picturesque ski-through village designed in a unique 360-degree layout, making it super easy for guests to pop back to the village or their accommodation at any time. The pedestrian village is compact, and everything is conveniently located within a short walking distance, so there’s no need for any shuttles. Furthermore, with over 20 restaurants, pubs, and cafes within the village, its fine array of boutique and gourmet shops, to include a grocery store, Sun Peaks Village has everything you need right at your fingertips.
Sun Peaks is also home of Nancy Greene, Canadian Senator and Olympic Gold Medallist. Nancy is Sun Peaks director of skiing, and she is available to ski with guests on selected days. So, look out for the signage at the top of Sunburst Chairlift advising when she is skiing and to feel free to join her – no matter what ability level.
“Sun Peaks is an amazing ski destination with its 3 mountains all funnelling down into its classy ski through village. Sun Peaks offers up a tonne of terrain, and variety to match with Mt Morrisey being a blue cruiser heaven! A must do for all is the Fondue dinner – imagine: taking the last lift up for the day, enjoying a casual fondue dinner with great live music, then skiing/boarding back down to the village under the light of the stars – what a blast!” Shona – Amped
10 Top Reasons to Ski Sun Peaks
- Ski one of Canada’s TOP ski resorts!
- Ski in ski out: Step out your door, click-in, and you are off! The majority of Sun Peaks accommodation is ski in/ski out
- Sheer size: Second largest ski resort in BC, and third largest in Canada
- Reliable snowfall: An average of 6 metres of snowfall each season
- Quality of snow: Interior BC, so light, dry, fluffy POW
- Huge Terrain: 4,270 skiable acres of terrain, 882 meters of vertical, 135 runs, including 12designated glade areas
- Ease of the Village: A well designed, and safe family environment; easy to get around and most trails lead right into the village.
- Après Ski: Loads of Village dining and bar options
- Combinable: Ski Sun Peaks along with Whistler, Big White, Silver Star and Revelstoke as there is a shuttle available to all these great resorts from/to Sun Peaks.
- Fondue Dinner: Ski down from mid-mountain after a delicious fondue dinner .. under the stars!
Sun Peaks Facts & Stats
- Winter Season: November 18, 2017 to Closing Day, April 15, 2018
- Skiable Area: 4,270 acres of terrain, the second largest ski area in Canada!
- Mt. Tod Summit Elevation: 2,152m (7,060′)
- Burfield Chairlift Summit Elevation: 2,080m (6,824′)
- Village Base Elevation: 1,255m (4,116′)
- Skiable Vertical: 882m (2,894′) – Figure taken from the base to the top of the Burfield Chairlift
- Bowls: 2 alpine bowls
- Longest Run: Up to 8km (5 miles) long
- Trails & Glades: 135 including 17 gladded areas
- Terrain Type: 10% novice (green circle), 58% intermediate (blue square), 32% expert (black diamond)
- Rockstar Energy Terrain Park: 9-acre terrain park with 3 distinct zones for novice, intermediate, and expert
- Types of Lifts: 12 lifts total including 3 high speed quad chairlifts, 2 quad chairlifts, 1 triple chairlift, and 5 surface lifts
- Lift Capacity: 12,000 riders per hour
- Annual Snowfall: 6 metres (237″) of powder
- Cross Country: 37.8km of groomed and track set. 17km of backcountry trails
- Sun: On average over 2,000 hours of sunshine per year!
- Average Temperatures: December -9.5ºC / 15ºF, January -6.7ºC / 20ºF, February -6.1ºC / 21ºF, March -3.9ºC / 25ºF, April -1.1ºC / 30ºF
Getting to Sun Peaks
Kamloops is the nearest domestic airport servicing Sun Peaks. Upon embarking a short flight (1 hour), to next connect with a short 45 minute resort shuttle to Sun Peaks
Daily direct flights from Vancouver and Calgary through to Kamloops.
Same day connections from international flights ex NZ and Australia are available, dependant however on your international flight arrival time into Vancouver.
Scheduled resort shuttles transfer guests to Sun Peaks, approx. 45 mins
Private airport vehicle transfers are also available at an extra upgrade cost.
4.5 hours drive from Vancouver and 5.5 hours’ drive from Seattle, Washington
VIA Rail passengers traveling to and from Vancouver and Jasper will arrive in Kamloops late evening or early morning.
Rental cars are available ex Kamloops airport, although a rental car is not necessary during your stay at Sun Peaks.
Direct shuttles run between Whistler and Sun Peaks three times a week.
Sun Peaks Ski Resort is so condensed in its planning, that everything is within short walking/skiing distance to everything. So much so that the resort shuttle only runs over the peak times of Jan-Mar.
Free Mountain Tours / Ski Hosts
FREE MOUNTAIN TOURS/SKI HOSTS
- The Sun Guide meeting location is slope side between the Sunburst Express Chairlift and the Village Day Lodge. Look for the Sun Guides orange coats with ‘Sun Guide’ embroidered across the back.
- Complimentary tours depart daily at 9:15am and 1:00pm. Participants are required at the meeting location 10 minutes early.
- Tours cater for all ability levels, and terrain preferences.
- Must be able to confidently ski on a green run.
Other Resort Activities
- Bungee Trampolines
- Cat Trax Groomer Rides
- Dogsledding Tours
- Frist Tracks Breakfast
- Fondue Dinner & Evening Descent
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides
- Ice Skating
- Kamloops Blazers Hockey Games
- Kamloops Shopping Shuttles
- Mascon Hangout
- Photo Shoots
- Snow Limo
- Snowmobile Tours
- Snowshoe Rentals & Tours
- Sports & Aquatic Centre
Sun Peaks Ski School and Daycare
Sun Peaks Ski School offers entralling lesson programs and activities for skiers of all ages and abilities. Sun Peaks ski instructors will help you excel and get more enjoyment from your vacation.
Ski Services available range from:
- Private Lessons
- Small Group Lessons
- Half day or full day beginners programmes
- Ski progression camps
- Ladies programmes
- Adaptive Sports training
CHILD & TEEN LESSONS
Sun Peaks offers kid-friendly terrain and a wide variety of kid orientated ski school programs for all ages.
For children aged between 3 and 7, the Sun Tots program is the best way to introduce them to the world of winter sports. This program provides young skiers (3–6 years) and snowboarders (3–7 years) with a positive first ‘on snow’ experience by building self-confidence through encouragement.
These lessons are suitable for children ages 6 to 12 years, and snowboarders for children ages 8 to 12 years, available also for all levels. While skills development is the focus of these lessons the Sun Peak Pro’s go the extra mile to ensure the kids are enjoying themselves as well as learning.
Private lessons and speciality progression clinics also available.
CHILDCARE SERVICES / DAYCARE
Located at the base of the Sunburst Express chairlift, the Sundance Playschool caters for children 18 months through to 5 years of age, and have on offer ½ day and full day chargeable programmes.
There is also a child minding service available, which charge out at hourly, ½ day or full day rates.
Registration/pre booking is recommended for the above children services, to avoid disappointment. For more information contact Sports School.
Accommodation at Sun Peaks
Nancy Green’s Cahilty Lodge – Lead-in ‘ski in/ski out’
This lead in property is the home of Olympic Ski Champion, Nancy Greene, and husband Al Raine.
Features are: ski in/ski out access, restaurant/bar, an indoor & outdoor hot tub, sauna room with 3 infrared personal saunas, fitness center, free WiFi, and laundry. Kids 17 & under stay free on existing bedding (not applicable for transfers).
• Lodge Room (tea/coffee making facilities)
• Studio efficiency, Deluxe Studio, Grand Studio
• Studio Kitchenette
• Loft Kitchenette
• 1, 2, & Family Suite
Fireside – Moderate ‘ski in/ski out’
Another well priced moderate property located right in the heart of Sun Peaks Village. Guests will enjoy a ski in/ski out access, and being close to all restaurants, bars, and shops.
All guestrooms feature fireplaces, coffee/tea makers, kitchens with stove tops, microwaves, refrigerators, and dishwashers, free wireless, guestrooms offer free local calls (restrictions may apply). Televisions have cable channels and DVD players. Rooms also include windows that open, irons/ironing boards, and clock radios.
• 1, 2 Bedroom
Coast Sundance – Deluxe – Full Service Hotel ‘ski in/ski out’
This ski in/ski out accommodation holds a prime located at the base of the mountain, just steps from the Sundance quad chair. It features an outdoor hot tub, gym, Bottoms Bar & Grill, guest laundry, and free wireless high speed Internet.
Mountain views are available on a request basis.
• Comfort Rooms
• Superior Rooms
• 1, 2 bedroom suites
• 2 x Comfort Rooms (interconnecting)
Kookaburra – Superior ‘ski in/ski out’
This luxurious building of deluxe condominiums are the perfect choice for guests who wish to be very close to all of Sun Peaks amenties, but not right in the middle of the village square.
With ski in/ski out access, all rooms come with private hot tubs, granite benchtops, full kitchen with stainless kitchen appliances, electric fireplace, and access to undergrounding parking and ski lockers.
• 1, 2, 3 bedroom luxury condos – some have loft options
Sun Peaks Grand Hotel + The Residences at Sun Peaks – Superior ‘ski in/ski out’
Delta Sun Peaks is a first class, luxury, ski-in/ski-out hotel, with a prime central village location overlooking the Sundance Chairlift and Village Platter.
Guests have exclusive use to a health club, featuring three outdoor hot tubs, an indoor entrance to a heated outdoor swimming pool, two massage rooms, sauna, and a well-equipped gym. Dine-in for breakfast, lunch, or dinner at Mantles Restaurant & Lounge serving Pacific Northwest cuisine.
Hotel Rooms available are:
• Standard, Premier and Deluxe Delta Room (hotel)
• Signature Room (with Signature Club Lounge access)
• Junior Suite
• 1 bedroom Suite
Residence available are:
• 1, 2 bedroom Suites
• Family Suites (1 bedroom + den)
* THE ABOVE ACCOMMODATION SUGGESTIONS ARE BASED ON JUST A FEW OF OUR AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US TO FURTHER DISCUSS YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND HOLIDAY REQUIREMENTS *
IMPORTANT NOTE: the above images are to be used as guides for room types available. Due to room configurations and decors differing from condo to condo, not all rooms will look or appear the same.